EDD Sep 2010

nightingale

Hi tinkerstars! Welcome to the Sept mummies and daddies group! :) Can update our growing list below, hee. (hope this is the latest one)
Hey~ just noticed that ALL the baby boys are going to be at Thomson Medical! haha what a coincidence! :p

Baby Boy
1. cheng0605 - Thomson Medical Center 02 Sept

2. Delvy - Thomson Medical Center 8 Sept
3. mickey88 - Thomson Medical Center 6th Sept
4. pinkymummy - Thomson Medical Center 26 Sept
5. lovemk87 - Thomson Medical Center 23 Sept
6. kittymeowmeow - Thomson Medical Center 29 Sept

Baby Gal
1. Mecolemummy - Mt. A 12 Sept
2. Nightingale - Mt. A 12 Sept :p
3. happybaby - Thomson Medical Center 03 Sept
4. raine - Thomson Medical Centre 12 Sept :001_302:
5. Mrs_EG - Thomson Medical Center 18 SEP :p
6. Jaslyn - Thomson Medical Center 21 Sept :001_302:
7. Danerine - Mt. A 7 Sept :001_302:
8. Christinawong - Mt. A 24 Sept
9. Adelene - singapore general hospital 24 Sept
10. MR300909 - Kandang Kerbau Hospital 13 Sept
11. xian - Kandang Kerbau Hospital 23 Sept
12. bee - Gleneagles 28 Sept

Adelene

yah fair is at 3-6 june.....btw can i ask all mummies which bottles have u all bought???

i was thinking of getting tommee tippee or avent, any advice on these????
Hi Cheng

My sister's experience with Avent was that it leaks. She uses Pigeon so my mum has been telling me to get Pigeon brand.

One of my colleagues swears by Avent...so I think it's partly luck?

For me, I think I will get Pigeon (partly to get my mum off my back) but also because they have the BPA-free range of bottles. BPA is apparently something toxic and not good for babies that's why it's important to get BPA-free bottles.

I guess along the way, if the Pigeon bottles don't work out I will just have to find another brand to buy...I feel that with all this baby stuff...it's really alot of trial and error...

Yeah...hope my 2 cents worth helps.

As for baby fair, yes it's going to be from 3-6 June 2010 at Expo Hall 6B, 11.30am to 9.30pm. You can also check out this link - MH Exhibition 2010

Adelene

ya! I heard about it too! I had a colleague who is just a dad. And he said that the longest duration he slept was 5 hours eversince 3 weeks ago.

I'm fretting up a little because all of you seem to know where and what to do. AND, some mums around me already signed up for their delivery packages! But I just asked my gynae 2 weeks ago, he is like super damn cool about it. He was saying like, "you will not know what package to take until the day of your labour." He said that we shall then decide on the day itself. Which then again make quite a bit of sense because my friends went through twice the pain physically and in the pocket too. Having to deliver normally and then changing it under the knife. I heard that it cost a bomb because the hospitals charge it as an "ala carte" price.

By any chance, do you guys know when the next baby fair is? I heard it's somewhere in June?
Hi Claralicious

Don't worry about it. Your decision on which hospital to deliver depends largely on your doctor. For me, my obs only delivers at SGH so I have no choice. Plus she was recommended by my FIL so again, I had not much choice but to go with her. Haha...perhaps that saved me alot of agony over which doctor to go for.

As for prices, that's not a big issue too...I believe most, if not all, hospitals provide what they call "financial counselling" so they will let you know the prices of the wards, how much can be claimed from Medisave, how much it costs for c-section, epidural etc. These decisions can be made later.

I know how you feel...I was also very kan cheong and asked my obs alot of questions. Some of my questions she said "it's too early to discuss now". Maybe just make a list of questions and go through them with your doctor so you feel less panicky?

As for buying baby stuff, there's the baby fair coming up plus the GSS too. You can also just google phrases like "baby shopping list" or something like that...there will be websites which provide a sample list of the basic items you need for a newborn.

Hope you're feeling better now...don't worry and as many people have told me....Enjoy your pregnancy! :)

Adelene

Hi Sept MTBs who are going for prenatal classes!

I was told by some friends to avoid watching the video showing the labour and delivery process because they said that after watching it, they really regretted cos they were freaked out and scared by it and they didn't feel that it helped during the actual birthing process.

Personally, I've decided to skip that video (probably by going late for that class when they are going to screen it) because I think I will be the type who will get depressed and traumatised by it.

Just wanted to share this little bit of advice from my friends with you all.

But for those who want to watch, by all means. Some people feel comforted knowing exactly what to expect. As my husband says, "different strokes for different folks" :)

For me, I figured it's like the time when I decided to do LASIK. I only watched a LASIK video after I did my op and I was really glad I didn't watch the video before my op! I would definitely have chickened out if I saw the video before the op :p

cheng0605

Hi Cheng

My sister's experience with Avent was that it leaks. She uses Pigeon so my mum has been telling me to get Pigeon brand.

One of my colleagues swears by Avent...so I think it's partly luck?

For me, I think I will get Pigeon (partly to get my mum off my back) but also because they have the BPA-free range of bottles. BPA is apparently something toxic and not good for babies that's why it's important to get BPA-free bottles.

I guess along the way, if the Pigeon bottles dont't work out I will just have to find another brand to buy...I feel that with all this baby stuff...it's really alot of trial and error...

Yeah...hope my 2 cents worth helps.

As for baby fair, yes it's going to be from 3-6 June 2010 at Expo Hall 6B, 11.30am to 9.30pm. You can also check out this link - MH Exhibition 2010

pigeon brand i didn't see they ;isted bpa-free at their packing, where do u see it??? and do they have any breast pumps as well???

I was told by some friends to avoid watching the video showing the labour and delivery process because they said that after watching it, they really regretted cos they were freaked out and scared by it and they didn't feel that it helped during the actual birthing process.

Personally, I've decided to skip that video (probably by going late for that class when they are going to screen it) because I think I will be the type who will get depressed and traumatised by it.

But for those who want to watch, by all means. Some people feel comforted knowing exactly what to expect. As my husband says, "different strokes for different folks" :)

For me, I figured it's like the time when I decided to do LASIK. I only watched a LASIK video after I did my op and I was really glad I didn't watch the video before my op! I would definitely have chickened out if I saw the video before the op :p
Thanks for your advice, Adelene. I just book my pre-natal class with Mt A and good thing I saw your post regarding the video. In fact I came across books that show the labour and delivery process which I was kinda of freak out not to mention watching 'live' video.

My EDD is on 15 Sept and I am expecting a prince. Will be booking with Mt Alvernia for delivery.

mrs_eg

pigeon brand i didn't see they ;isted bpa-free at their packing, where do you see it??? and do they have any breast pumps as well???

actually nowadays alot bottles now have BPA range.. which shld be the way bcos BPA really no good for baby...

Medela was a popular choice among my frens, as well as breast pumps... although the majority of the bottles I've noticed when I see other ppl feeding their babies (at restaurants/ shopping centres etc.) are Avent bottles or pigeon...

Think I read abt the bottles suggestions thread somewhere in here b4.. cant seem to find it...

Anyway.. am also doing my research still...

mrs_eg

good that u mention this so that everyone is aware...
but too bad Ive seen it... more than once... sobs... and can never get those images out off my mind already.........:err:

cheng0605

actually nowadays alot bottles now have BPA range.. which shld be the way bcos BPA really no good for baby...

Medela was a popular choice among my friends, as well as breast pumps... although the majority of the bottles I've noticed when I see other ppl feeding their babies (at restaurants/ shopping centres etc.) are Avent bottles or pigeon...

Think I read about the bottles suggestions thread somewhere in here before.. cant seem to find it...

Anyway.. am also doing my research still...

i've done abit of research and it seems that avent has a few leaking problems, can't seem to find out more for tommee tippie, as for medela is it good too???

mrs_eg

i've done abit of research and it seems that avent has a few leaking problems, can't seem to find out more for tommee tippie, as for medela is it good too???
ya.. alot mentioned abt the leaking problems in Avent...

As for medela... alot seem to be using its breast pumps... so I was thinking if I am using its breast pump maybe I will use the bottle as well...

so far this is the more recent thread abt the bottle issue...
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f36/brand-milk-bottles-do-you-recommend-32984/

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f36/dilemma-over-milk-bottles-34023/

as for medela.... my fren used it becos last time the rest like avent are not BPA free... but medela was.. but now all got BPA free range... hahaha

and also... some thread seems to suggest that bottle feeding depends highly on ur infant also... some will reject certain brand etc.. so best to not buy too much... maybe start off with 2 first...

happybaby

Hi Happybaby :)

Yeah I cannot really compare my first time at RN with any other prenatal massage...prenatal massages are different from normal massages. For prenatal massage, they will ask you to lie your side and massage focus more on legs and back.

I think I have to try out other therapists and maybe the freelance ones to decide which package to sign up for the postnatal massage.

Well, if you do try out RN one of these days, just beware they may try to sell you packages (like all the other spas/ massage places)...personally I find that quite irritating and a turn off but somehow I always get suckered! Grrr... but this time for RN, I managed to escape...said I needed to call my sister then after talking to my sister I told them I need to think about it. Maybe cos it was already closing time so they just said "ok you go home and think about it"...heheh...:Dancing_wub:

Hi mummy

anybody tried pre-natal massage with Babies Bellies? I'm going to give it a try and in mist of booking an appt with them. Charges stated in website is 60 min for $55. Slightly more expensive them Mdm Jumie and freelancer...but i guess it's still resonable compared to RN. Will update on their services once i have tried it!

ya.. alot mentioned about the leaking problems in Avent...

As for medela... alot seem to be using its breast pumps... so I was thinking if I am using its breast pump maybe I will use the bottle as well...

so far this is the more recent thread about the bottle issue...
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f36/brand-milk-bottles-do-you-recommend-32984/

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f36/dilemma-over-milk-bottles-34023/

as for medela.... my friend used it becos last time the rest like avent are not BPA free... but medela was.. but now all got BPA free range... hahaha

and also... some thread seems to suggest that bottle feeding depends highly on your infant also... some will reject certain brand etc.. so best to not buy too much... maybe start off with 2 first...

I just surveyed Kiddy palace, Mothercare and Robinsons for the best prices :001_302: for the past week and yesterday i ended up buying Most of my stuff at Mothercare yesterday! They are having quite a few good promos there! Heard from most ecperienced mommy frens the Motherhood fair prices usually are not so attractive. Since GSS going on now, i didnt wanna miss all these offers!

I bought Tommee Tipee package bundles! One is the Electric breast pump bundle-comes with food n bottle warmer, their milk bottles,and also 60 breast pads(i think) & a cooler bag,& pacifier.Costs $169 only!

and another bundle is the Tomme Tipee Sterilizer $159,with 4 milk bottles,cooler bag n many more containers n stuff n there. Saved quite abit!

:Dancing_wub:

Excited hubby

Alpha Male
Mine is a baby girl EDD - 20 Sept 2010

I am checking out the hosipital charges and services.

Anyone can help me on this. My choice is MT A or TMC.

Mickey88

Hi mummies,

Any recommendations for master or fengshui masters who help to come out with a few chinese baby names for you to choose based on the birth date, timing, surname and etc?

ruthyeo

Hi all,

my due date is 14 Sep. Am presently considering between Mt Avernia, Thomson Medical to deliver. Any advice?

:bconfused:

ruthyeo

Hi tinkle and all,

am also new in this forum.

My baby's due date is 14 Sep, a boy.

Still considering where to deliver, at Mt Avernia or Thomson Medical. :001_302:

Adelene

pigeon brand i didn't see they ;isted bpa-free at their packing, where do u see it??? and do they have any breast pumps as well???
Hi Cheng

The Pigeon bottles which are BPA free will state so on the packaging...those that don't say anything are not BPA-free. Also, the price difference between the Pigeon BPA-free bottles and non-BPA free is quite obvious.

I believe Pigeon even has bottles made of glass which are of course BPA-free :) but may break...

Adelene

Hi Cheng

The Pigeon bottles which are BPA free will state so on the packaging...those that don't say anything are not BPA-free. Also, the price difference between the Pigeon BPA-free bottles and non-BPA free is quite obvious.

I believe Pigeon even has bottles made of glass which are of course BPA-free :) but may break...
Oops...sorry forgot to add that I think Pigeon has breast pumps - I saw in their catalogue but very limited range (only got one manual model and one electric model). So far, I seldom hear of people buying Pigeon brand breast pumps..I think their bottles are more "famous".

For breast pumps, my sister used an Ameda Lactaline which she told me not to buy because hers had motor problems got to send to Tagore Lane to repair - very troublesome...although still under warranty but she says the hassle is not worth it.

I was actually going to get the Ameda Lactaline after reading some online reviews about breast pumps. It's relatively more affordable, quieter and more compact than other models. But after what my sister said...I'm thinking twice.

Another model which I've been recommended is the Medela Pump-in-Style. It's bulkier and more expensive but I've been told is really good - gets the job done in 15 mins and under which is important if you are going to work and continue breastfeeding.

Adelene

good that u mention this so that everyone is aware...
but too bad Ive seen it... more than once... sobs... and can never get those images out off my mind already.........:err:
Hi Mrs_Eg

Poor thing...but never mind...it may not be a bad thing to have watched it...I was reading What to Expect last night and it said something like it's better to know than not to know because fear is usually due to the unknown.

I always tell myself that if other women have gone through it, so can the rest of us. We're designed by God to bear children so it can't be that bad. At least if you know what to expect, hopefully that will reduce the fear. And also, we're luckier than our mothers who didn't even have the option of epidural. So...don't worry. I'm sure it'll turn out fine :)