EDD Sep 2010

hi raine, i'm sure your baby girl will be alright! dont't brood over it, if the doctor says it's nothing to worry about, then i'm sure she'll be fine in no time :) for now just relax and spend lots of time with your baby!

as for no plain water during confinement, i've also heard about it but not sure why. but i guess there's a reason for every myth, so i'll try as far as possible to follow. in the first place i'm not the type who drinks a lot of plain water, so i guess i'll enjoy drinking red date tea etc hehe.
I heard plain water will make u really bloated during confinement but I'm v sure I will still sip warm water thru out. Of coz mainly gotta drink red date longan tea. Think will perspire like crazy!

MummyK

Thanks christina and lekdao! i will be strong! ^^

confinement wise my aunt says drink water will bring wind into your body and also agree with fiona73. you'll have tummy later on. >.<
and also before breastfeed drink a cup of red date tea. its good for milk flow and also to have more milk. ^^
so far confinement is alright. most importantly must clean your body often if you cant bath for the first 12 days. ^^ i'm halfway in my confinement now and i'm getting sian of the food already... every food also fried with ginger or soup inside also got ginger. LOTS OF GINGER! OMG! lol. think i'll dare not to eat ginger after confinement already. :001_302:
Hi raine,
May I check what you clean your body with? Herbal or hot Water?
Omg, Im gg paranoid whenever I think of the confinement process... =(

Was even thinking of taking a bath before I discharge from the hospital.. haa, but I think my mum will NAG..

nightingale

I did hear about how what we eat/drink can affect the taste of our milk~ so I guess red date tea will add a little sweetness that our babies may enjoy, hee hee! Does anyone know whether it's okay to drink coffee?

Thanks for initiating the Facebook group, Fiona! :D Have requested to join as well!

lekdao

I did hear about how what we eat/drink can affect the taste of our milk~ so I guess red date tea will add a little sweetness that our babies may enjoy, hee hee! Does anyone know whether it's okay to drink coffee?

Thanks for initiating the Facebook group, Fiona! :D Have requested to join as well!

Coffee? of coz cannot, coffee will dehydrate our body. Take milo, ovaltine or holicks.

nightingale

Coffee? of coz cannot, coffee will dehydrate our body. Take milo, ovaltine or holicks.
lol~ trying my luck haha! Read somewhere that dietary restrictions are even more strict during nursing days compared to pregnancy days! :p But I think the old adage still applies - everything in moderation.

I'm also conscious of taking too much sweet stuff because I wanna try and lose the excess weight - been sorting through all my old clothes and wondering when I'd be able to fit into them again.... sigh!

xian

Wow it's been a while since I last posted in this thread! So excited to learn ethat some mummies have popped! Congrats!! Wonder when's my turn .. Getting so heavy already hehe... 36 weeks now but been having light menses like cramps these couple of days =(

How r you mummies coping? Evythg packed?? So scary!

Raine, dont worry , your baby will be just fine k? Read that it's a pretty normal condition. We will keep you in our prayers!
I'm experiencing some like light menses cramps and tightness as well.
Quite worrying cos e edd according to my gynae is 23/09 and when I use those online edd calculator it shows 11/09. Anyone knows how to calculate edd?

lekdao

lol~ trying my luck haha! Read somewhere that dietary restrictions are even more strict during nursing days compared to pregnancy days! :p But I think the old adage still applies - everything in moderation.

I'm also conscious of taking too much sweet stuff because I wanna try and lose the excess weight - been sorting through all my old clothes and wondering when I'd be able to fit into them again.... sigh!

Well, it depends on individual how fast they can lose the excess weight. If you breastfeed you can lose more weight, the longer u breastfeed, the more weight u lose coz baby sucking the fats from you. hahaha

For me it took me abt 6mths then i can fit them again. But after the 2nd delivery, very hard to regain. coz stay at home mum, age etc.

lekdao

I heard that post natal massage helps to lose weight, reducing water retention, as well.

Yes, post natal massage will help to lose weight but must get a good one. Those that will wrap your adobmen to flatten ur tummy and support your womb.

Some ppl may hv sensitive skin & allergy to the massage oil and gel, and would give it a miss. Then hv to get the adobmen belt to reduce the tummy.

Dun worry too much abt weight gained, can always go on healthy diet after the confinement. Please do not go on diet during your confinement, this is the only time to build up you health for the sake of your baby.

Last edited:

nightingale

Some ppl may have sensitive skin & allergy to the massage oil and gel, and would give it a miss. Then have to get the adobmen belt to reduce the tummy.
What sort of abdomen belt will be helpful? The corset-type that are sold at lingerie shops? I have a support belt that I'd purchased from Spring Maternity during pregnancy but was a bit too tight for me during 3rd trimester to wear - would it do to wear this for the first month or so?

EDIT: Oh, did a search on google for postpartum support belts - looks like they're different. But perhaps wanna wait til after delivery before buying so that we can get the proper sizing. :)

I also have a bando that I plan to wear for the first few weeks for gentle support, not sure if it will be useful though: http://chalicematernity.com/store/images/Bando front cover.JPG

Last edited:

lekdao

What sort of abdomen belt will be helpful? The corset-type that are sold at lingerie shops? I have a support belt that I'd purchased from Spring Maternity during pregnancy but was a bit too tight for me during 3rd trimester to wear - would it do to wear this for the first month or so?

The corset cab be use, but not convenient when you are breastfeeding your baby. Mine is from Futuro.
CountryChoices: view

EDIT: Oh, did a search on google for postpartum support belts - looks like they're different. But perhaps wanna wait til after delivery before buying so that we can get the proper sizing. :)

Yes, get it after u deliver or after u complete post natal massage.

I also have a bando that I plan to wear for the first few weeks for gentle support, not sure if it will be useful though: http://chalicematernity.com/store/images/Bando front cover.JPG
Not sure does bando help but u can try asking the massage lady if u r hving massage.

xian

I am considering to engage a malay massage lady for my post natal massage. They are likely to provide/recommend us some bind, not sure if it is same to those retailing outside.

I am sourcing for post natal massage and saw that Origins Jamu is having promotion. Anyone has feedback or recommendations?

Singapore- Origins Jamu Massage - Promotions

lekdao

I am considering to engage a malay massage lady for my post natal massage. They are likely to provide/recommend us some bind, not sure if it is same to those retailing outside.

I am sourcing for post natal massage and saw that Origins Jamu is having promotion. Anyone has feedback or recommendations?

Singapore- Origins Jamu Massage - Promotions

The massage lady uses the traditional type of bind, super long pc of cloth tie round ur abdomen (will tie a knot at the tummy help to reduce the tummy). after the bind you will sit staight up (guess to help strengthen the back). for the first few day, will feel uneasy and some ppl will give up soon.

I never try Origins Jamu services, i engaged freelance massage lady which come to the hse.

nightingale

Ooh~ I think I have just passed my mucus plug! A blob of sticky jelly-like stuff, but no blood stains so far. And for some reason, my little girl is super active tonight! Is it a sign? :D

Last edited:

xian

Is e mucus plug some kind of symptoms? My girl has been really active these few nights as well. The past 2 nights was horrible for me, think I experienced bh.

lekdao

Ooh~ I think I have just passed my mucus plug! A what of sticky jelly-like stuff, but no blood stains so far. And for some reason, my little girl is super active tonight! Is it a sign? :D

That could be a sign, keep a close watch out. Mine is mucus with abit of blood stain. did you feel that your baby head is pushing down like wanna come out? btw if you are worry call your gynae to check out, he/she will advice you accordingly.