EDD Sep 2010

Nightingale, I also have flat nipples though it can be drawn out when stimulated. I'm worried about not able to feed my baby with breast milk. Did you bring your own breast pump to the hospital or did you use hospital pump?

Tomorrow is my EDD but baby seems too comfortable inside even though I'm already 2cm dilated. I have scheduled for induction on tue morning, feeling very excited but same time scared, not sure if made right decision to induce. I'm just worried in the end if not dilated fast enough will have to go for c-sect
Littleworm, good luck to your delivery. Everything should be fine. It's a fantastic experience, cherish every moment.
I think it's advisable to bring along yr own pump. I did not bring mine n my breast was quite engorged. Which hospital will you be delivering at?

Fiona73

BabyGals
13 Aug - Mecolemummy aka Mecole with Princess Maegan
18 Aug - Raine aka YuRu with Princess Wen Xin
11 Sept - mommymin with Princess Shanice
14 Sept - Nightingale aka June with Princess Cheyenne
15 Sept - Mrs_EG with Princess_LG
19 Sept - Fiona 73 with Princess Jaine
20 Sept - Christinawong with Princess Amber

BabyBoys
11 Sept - DELvy aka Junyi with Prince Zheng Yang
21 Sept - lovemk87 aka Siew Li with Prince Bryson :001_302:
Let do a posting on Sept Mummies in FB.

Fiona73

Any mummies with Sleepy baby? My Jaine is treating my breast as Snack Bar. Only suckle for like 5mins then she will fallen asleep. And it difficult to wake her up, she simply dun care with all the "distrub action" from me. She latch on for 30mins but most of the time she is sleep thru the 30mins. Super headache. Now after each latch on, I will express abt 40ml to top up her feed. Wondering how much actually she is drinking from each session.

nightingale

Hey mummies, just curious to know - what are the traditions to follow for baby's first month celebration? e.g. do we send red eggs / glutinous rice / etc. to relatives and friends? What is the common practice - send the gifts a week before the party?

nightingale

Which brand of milk powder are you using? My nipples are so sore that whenever my girl suckle, I feel this burning pain. So I express the milk. Not sure when will supply run low since she doesn't stimulate it often.
Wow your girl very good no jaundice. Usually the onset is on 3rd day after birth. Since you said 2 wks n everything seems ok then it's good news.

How is your confinement so far? Mine ending next week. Thank goodness, this Sept weather is still quite bearable.
I'm using Similac - carrying on from what we started at the hospital. If nipples are sore from nursing, sounds like you may need to check your baby's latch. If the technique is right it should not hurt you that badly - perhaps make an appointment with a lactation consultant at your hospital?

Confinement has been quite ok - very glad that we decided to engage a confinement lady, I feel quite rested most of the time, except on weekends when there are more visitors! Today's weather was quite stuffy though~ i had to shower twice and got reprimanded by my CL, oops!

Nightingale, I also have flat nipples though it can be drawn out when stimulated. I'm worried about not able to feed my baby with breast milk. Did you bring your own breast pump to the hospital or did you use hospital pump?

Tomorrow is my EDD but baby seems too comfortable inside even though I'm already 2cm dilated. I have scheduled for induction on tue morning, feeling very excited but same time scared, not sure if made right decision to induce. I'm just worried in the end if not dilated fast enough will have to go for c-sect
So exciting for you LittleWorm! Apparently induction is quite frequently done these days, so complications should be minimal I should think. And who knows - baby may just choose to make an appearance before Tuesday morning! :) I was scheduled to check in to the hospital midnight of Wednesday, but Tuesday morning the contractions started coming on their own. Whichever way, I'm sure you'll be in good hands!

My nipples can be pulled out too, but soon after baby starts suckling it goes back flat again so she tends to drop it, or latches on very shallow so that it hurts. So what I've been doing is to express my breastmilk by pumping, and feeding baby with a bottle, topped up with formula. I didn't bring my breastpump to the hospital - I was at Mt Alvernia and they had breastpumps we could use (at a fee) - I didn't want to have to worry about sterilising my own pumps and bottles and storage etc. In the end we didn't use the hospital's pumps either - was discharged on the 3rd day so I did it at home. Can check with your hospital and see what they recommend?

Any mummies with Sleepy baby? My Jaine is treating my breast as Snack Bar. Only suckle for like 5mins then she will fallen asleep. And it difficult to wake her up, she simply dont care with all the "distrub action" from me. She latch on for 30mins but most of the time she is sleep thru the 30mins. Super headache. Now after each latch on, I will express about 40ml to top up her feed. Wondering how much actually she is drinking from each session.
Fiona73, my daughter is also like that. She wants my nipple like a pacifier n now my nipples sore very badly so we have no choice but to give her pacifier. So what I do is express my milk for her. Expressing is good coz we know how much they drink. When my daughter suckle sometimes both sides n still cry so we do not know isit not enough milk or simply want suckle for fun.

Any mummies with Sleepy baby? My Jaine is treating my breast as Snack Bar. Only suckle for like 5mins then she will fallen asleep. And it difficult to wake her up, she simply dont care with all the "distrub action" from me. She latch on for 30mins but most of the time she is sleep thru the 30mins. Super headache. Now after each latch on, I will express about 40ml to top up her feed. Wondering how much actually she is drinking from each session.
I'm having the same problem as you. My baobei love her sleep more than milk and sometimes she can go without milk for 5hours. The paediatrician told us the other reason they are so sleepy could be due to low sugar, so no matter what have to wake her up for feeding no longer than 4hours.

Hey mummies, just curious to know - what are the traditions to follow for baby's first month celebration? e.g. do we send red eggs / glutinous rice / etc. to relatives and friends? What is the common practice - send the gifts a week before the party?
Some pple have a huge buffet celebration. Some distribute cake, red eggs, ang ku kuai to each person whom they would like to share the joy with. The glutinous rice I think depends on dialect group. The cakes n stuff must be send before the one month is over, it cannot be done after the one month is over.

I'm using Similac - carrying on from what we started at the hospital. If nipples are sore from nursing, sounds like you may need to check your baby's latch. If the technique is right it should not hurt you that badly - perhaps make an appointment with a lactation consultant at your hospital?

Confinement has been quite ok - very glad that we decided to engage a confinement lady, I feel quite rested most of the time, except on weekends when there are more visitors! Today's weather was quite stuffy though~ i had to shower twice and got reprimanded by my CL, oops!

Yah, my daughter like to suckle the nipple like a pacifier. Glad to hear that you r enjoying yr confinement. Must rest well ok so that we are prepared for our next challenge that is to look after our little one.

dl28

hi all!!!

i am back with a story.

My waterbag broke on Mon 20 sept at abut 8am. went to hospital at around 11am to check. they confirmed that water broke and had to come back to be admitted.
Came back at about 3pm to be admitted. Had no pains or contractions. Doc said that i am not dilated to be under observation for 24hrs.

Next Day -Tue 21 Sept.
Still not dilated and no contractions. ward doc and my gynae came by to say that by after lunch nothing, then got to induce as they were afraid of infection since the water broke and it has been 24hrs.
By 11am, contractions were starting but mild and i was wheeld out to delivery suite by 2pm and was started on medication for inducing.
Now the contractions were coming in hard but i could tolerate them as i use to suffer from worse mensus pain.
Doc said that i should be dilated by latest ion 12hrs time. Around..530pm, they came to check me and said i have only dilated 1cm and that i should think about Csect.
Doc went to show me why, it seems everytime i had contractions, my baby heart beat drops to a dangerous level and if this keeps up for next few hours, the heart might stop..
by then my tears were running like a broken tap. i was like please save my baby and they got me prepared so fast that my hubby was not allowed in..
i so wanted him to be there. they were working fast to help my baby.
My gynae came started the Csect and wah lah..it was a girl and she was a sight for sore eyes and tummy.
She was born healthy and fine..our precious angel...

thanks to the docs, staffs who stood by me encouraging..

and now i cant stop looking at her..hiaz...

mrs_eg

Hey just wondering: is anybody using cloth diapers? Came across Bumwear cloth diapers (>---Bumwear The Fun Batik Boutique---<) and am wondering whether to give them a try, just to see how more or less convenient they are compared to disposable diapers. Anyone heard any reviews?
I bought moo moo kow n babyland coth diapers but i havent started on using... Wana acquire some routine first... Plus my mum doing confinement for me... Already so much to do still ask her to wash diapers like not very nice....

Last edited:

mrs_eg

Fiona... I also have the same experience at times... Five mins on one breast then fall asleep... Try to "tickle" her to suck more she refuse to response... Then i burp her and put her down in her cot... 5-15 min later... Wake up again cry for more milk.... Then 5 mins of suckling... The vicious cycle continues... Haiz.... I still trying to figure out a way to "train" her...

Just wondering how much milk are your little ones drinking. Mine drinking like 80ml of breast milk every 3 hrs but at times after 80ml she wants more!!! My girl is 3 wks old. Is she taking too much?

mrs_eg

Just wondering how much milk are your little ones drinking. Mine drinking like 80ml of breast milk every 3 hours but at times after 80ml she wants more!!! My girl is 3 wks old. Is she taking too much?
Hi! Welcome to the thread!!!
For me i most of the time latch her on... Except a few hrs a day i cant cos i do postnatal massage at hm... Body oily n the wrap makes it difficult to sit properly...

Anyway, baby now satiafied with abt 60ml of expressed milk... But there was once i managed to pump 100 ml... N my mum feed her w that while im massaging... M she finished it!!!

I have yet to find a guideline as to how much do the baby need..........

nightingale

dl28: thanks for sharing your birth story - must have been really emotional for you! But so glad that baby and mummy are doing well now - congrats on your dear little girl! :D

Just wondering how much milk are your little ones drinking. Mine drinking like 80ml of breast milk every 3 hours but at times after 80ml she wants more!!! My girl is 3 wks old. Is she taking too much?
I think that sounds quite normal, my girl at 2 weeks old already taking 80-90ml per feed (formula / ebm). At first I was thinking wah~ that's a lot! After reading all the Western literature about how small their stomach sizes are at the beginning...but need to respond to baby's hunger cues too right?

Fiona73

Fiona73, my daughter is also like that. She wants my nipple like a pacifier n now my nipples sore very badly so we have no choice but to give her pacifier. So what I do is express my milk for her. Expressing is good coz we know how much they drink. When my daughter suckle sometimes both sides n still cry so we do not know isit not enough milk or simply want suckle for fun.
Ya, my hubby is trying to give pacifier too. But was rejected by DD. Now what I do is I will breastfeed her on both side, then feed her another 30ml of EBM. Then pat her to sleep.

Hi all sept mummies, I have just given birth to baby boy , Gabriel on 17 Sep at Mount A.

It was really an experience on giving birth . My doc advised me to induce cos baby movements not very active. I really admire those who gave birth without epidural cos I cannot tolerate anymore after 1 and half hour later with laughing gas. The epiduralist came only 20 mins later after I requested and injected me when the contractions were at the highest. Hence, the nurses have to hold me tight .
But soon the epidural run out just 1 to 2 hours before the time to give birth so I have to endured till the very last minute. When the doc came, he used vacuum and did an epitosmy and my prince came out shortly after a few pushes. I was very relived that the suffering was gone. Haha. I almost cried when I carry my prince in the delivery ward.

Now the difficult part is on the confinement and catching baby eating pattern.
My boy also likes to sleep while drinking milk and cry for more after he waken while a few minutes later. I always have to breastfeeding him to sleep after each feeding session . He drinks about 80 ml now every 2 hours . I'm glad that all of you shared your experiences so I can see if my boy is the norm a not . He vomitted milk at times and that worries me. Did ur babies hiccup every each feed?

nightingale

Hi happyqueen! Congrats on your boy's arrival! :D Yes yes ~ when the gynae pulled my little girl out and plonked her onto my belly, I was sobbing non-stop haha! Such an emotional moment!

My girl hiccups quite a lot too, and they last a long time. Old folks suggest giving water but these days doctors seem to recommend no water until babies start on solids? Another one of those many dilemmas of motherhood!