EDD Sep 2010

mrs_eg

Do you still pump out after each feed.? dear daughter is on 2 hours schedule, plus with my 5yo around, got not time to pump. So worry supply will drop. But recently notice dear daughter want to feed only after 3hrs. Do you wait for feeding cue or feed on schedule?
I will try to pump out if there is still milk. Not to store but to prevent my breast inflammation frm coming back again.

As they grow older, i guess they are able to draw more milk out frm ur breasts n sustain longer b4 the nxt feed i think... Mine also from 1.5 hrly feed to 2.5 hrly feed...

:)

Fiona73

I will try to pump out if there is still milk. Not to store but to prevent my breast inflammation frm coming back again.

As they grow older, i guess they are able to draw more milk out frm your breasts n sustain longer before the nxt feed i think... Mine also from 1.5 hrly feed to 2.5 hrly feed...

:)
Ya, indeed their sucking skill improved alot, mine latch on for abt 5mins, then start to play with her toys (my nipple), sigh....

hello everyone,
have not come online for so long. my son was sick and spread to my daughter. sigh. so sad, i thought breastfeeding will prevent my daughter from falling sick?

Hi ladies.. Have not log in for a long time and so many pages to read.. :err:

My girl is only drinking 70ml on EBM, think she drink the less among all. Used to feed her more but she keet vomitting it out after that so the paediatrician only wants me to feed her that much. But when I latch her, she can suck up to an hour. Is it too long?? Have you ladies start to store EBM already?

happybaby

Hi ladies.. Have not log in for a long time and so many pages to read.. :err:

My girl is only drinking 70ml on EBM, think she drink the less among all. Used to feed her more but she keet vomitting it out after that so the paediatrician only wants me to feed her that much. But when I latch her, she can suck up to an hour. Is it too long?? Have you ladies start to store EBM already?
Mine drink about 70 to 100ml when i tried EBM. so i think the volume is ok. Me starting to bottle her once a week to get her used to bottle..ya, i have started to store EBM to prepare for work in end dec..hope by then i will have enough supplies...but now i find it difficult to pump more then once per day...the most is two times per day only...

dl28

hello ladies..

me giving milk formula only.. had to go on medication and as such cant bf.. i did it for a month and half..sigh..
sometimes feel a bit sad that i cant but doc advised me..with the medication better not to..

xian

My girl used to drink 70 to 75 mls every 2 hour but I manage to drag bit longer by giving her pacifier and patting her to slp just before her feeding time. Just within 2 weeks, She's drinking abt 100 mls every 3 to 4 hour.
My supply is very low, did not have more to store. Moreover i'm already feeding her FM for night feeds.
Looking at my supply, I might be giving up once I cant meet her day time feeds.

Mine drink about 70 to 100ml when i tried EBM. so i think the volume is ok. Me starting to bottle her once a week to get her used to bottle..ya, i have started to store EBM to prepare for work in end dec..hope by then i will have enough supplies...but now i find it difficult to pump more then once per day...the most is two times per day only...
I've only bottle-feed her during midnight and early morning.. Too tiring.. Keke~ I also only pump twice a day, which is the time I bottled fed her, and sometimes when she only feed on one side. Like that then I can store more..

lovemk87

my boy drink 130ml of EBM/FM every 2 to 3hour & he seems like still want more after finish the 130ml of milk:nah:
i also pump twice a day.

J@sonCh@n

Alpha Male
Hi all..

Just finished feeding and changing my girl.. As I was changing her.. I realise my baby has really grown alot.. I know she has grown but I never think of it as alot... But as I was putting her back in her sleep sack ( long time never use) then I realise how much she has grown... Her sleep sack use to be so big and she could only fit in half length.. But now her feets are almost reaching the end and soon I guess she will grown too big for it..... I think I must really thanks my wife for the super good job she's doing... :red:

Erin07

Hi All, I am new here..hope I'm not too late to join :)

My bb is 9 wks old nw. I am giving BF and formula, and due to that my BF has decrease alot. My bb can suck up to 1 hr but does nt seems to be full but sometime jus half an hr he will fall aslp and seems to be full. Do u all encounter such problem?

I wish to give him more BF but my supply seems to has decrease alot. :(

gnaf21

Hi,

some advice needed. Is 6 in 1 vaccination better than 5 in 1? Which do you all recommend? I heard poly is cheaper than pd.

did u all take rotavirus and pneumoccal?

J@sonCh@n

Alpha Male
Hi,

some advice needed. Is 6 in 1 vaccination better than 5 in 1? Which do you all recommend? I heard poly is cheaper than pediatrician.

did you all take rotavirus and pneumoccal?
My girl takes 6 in 1. But best to check with ur PD as they will be the best to recommend. And my girl has taken rotavirus too

Hi All, I am new here..hope I'm not too late to join :)

My baby is 9 wks old now. I am giving BF and formula, and due to that my BF has decrease alot. My baby can suck up to 1 hr but does not seems to be full but sometime just half an hr he will fall aslp and seems to be full. Do you all encounter such problem?

I wish to give him more BF but my supply seems to has decrease alot. :(
Hihi

My boy also suck for an hour but he does not seems to be satisfied. So I try squeezing my breast to see if I have much milk left as he will move around when suckling after an hour. I try to stop him n pat him with pacifier and it seems to work.

But I usually express out first into bottles so I know how much he is drinking. At 7 weeks, he is drinking about 100ml and sometimes not enough.

My milk supply depends on his demand so I can express about 100ml on each session which is just right for him .

I think some of you can consider drinking fish bone shop which helps to increase milk supply and sleep more.
This helps to increase mine where I can express up to 180ml per session.
Plus I give him fm at night so got to store a bit of milk. However, fm is not as lasting as my bf as he wakes up faster when drinking fm!

Erin07

Hi happyqueen, thanks for the advice. I jus nw try giving my bb pacifier after BF and he does fall aslp but onli for an hr and he's hungry again.

When I express out, I only get 40+ml and according to my gynae there are mummies having such situation too, where bb get full when latch on but when expressed it's onli a small amt.

mrs_eg

Hi happyqueen, thanks for the advice. I just now try giving my baby pacifier after BF and he does fall aslp but onli for an hr and he's hungry again.

When I express out, I only get 40+ml and according to my gynae there are mummies having such situation too, where baby get full when latch on but when expressed it's onli a small amt.
Hi hi... Im the kind that cant express much out from pumping, but baby better off with direct latch on... Jus tat my gal hav to latch on often though...

Maybe u try massaging ur boy's arm while breastfeeding to prevent him frm falling asleep?

mrs_eg

Hi,

some advice needed. Is 6 in 1 vaccination better than 5 in 1? Which do you all recommend? I heard poly is cheaper than pediatrician.

did you all take rotavirus and pneumoccal?
We opted 6-in-1.... Jab taken at a GP @ $110

Btw... My GP say nw pneumoccal is compulsary.... Soo....will jus hav to take tat...

nightingale

But I usually express out first into bottles so I know how much he is drinking. At 7 weeks, he is drinking about 100ml and sometimes not enough.

My milk supply depends on his demand so I can express about 100ml on each session which is just right for him .

I think some of you can consider drinking fish bone shop which helps to increase milk supply and sleep more.
This helps to increase mine where I can express up to 180ml per session.
Plus I give him fm at night so got to store a bit of milk. However, fm is not as lasting as my bf as he wakes up faster when drinking fm!
Nice to know your breastfeeding is going well! My girl at 7 weeks is also drinking around 100ml ebm or formula at each feed, but I'm not able to meet her demand totally so still supplementing with formula, esp at night. Nowadays her last feed will be around 11pm, after which she will usually be able to sleep til 7am the next day. :) How are your night routines looking?

Hi All, I am new here..hope I'm not too late to join

My baby is 9 wks old now. I am giving BF and formula, and due to that my BF has decrease alot. My baby can suck up to 1 hr but does not seems to be full but sometime just half an hr he will fall aslp and seems to be full. Do you all encounter such problem?

I wish to give him more BF but my supply seems to has decrease alot.
Hi welcome Erin07! Never too late to join in the chatter~ we're a talkertive bunch haha! But realised that I've not been able to check in here as regularly as during the confinement month - more to keep us busy these days! :)

We opted 6-in-1.... Jab taken at a GP @ $110
I'm bringing my girl for her 6-in-1 jab tomorrow - was planning to bring her to the paediatrician but is it cheaper to do it at a GP? Someone suggested the polyclinic as well, but I don't think I wanna queue for it with baby in my arms. :S

Last edited: