EDD Sep 2010

lovemk87

My bb has 2 born free glass of 5 oz bottles and a new nuk bottle and a 9 oz born free bottle. I must say the born free seems quite good with the design to eliminate air and the new model has a tube to indicate if the milk exceed 37 deg.

My bb now at 2 months 2 weeks drinking 120ml
my baby now drinking 150ml-170ml every 2.5-3hrs interval (5 feeds per day)...he drinks a lot..i feel so worry

ah.bee

my baby now drinking 150ml-170ml every 2.5-3hrs interval (5 feeds per day)...he drinks a lot..i feel so worry
Lovemk87, dun worry too much. My girl now at 10 weeks is drinking 160ml 2-4 hourly. She could drink up to 190ml previously, but she regurgitated alot of milk, so we cut down and now she's doing fine. And she's 6.2kg now! In my opinion, as long as ur lil one's poo is normal, then it should be fine. Otherwise u can try to drag the feeding time by coaxing ur baby to sleep before feeding time. I play with my girl after her feed, and she will normally be sleepy 1.5 hours later.

Btw any mommies using baby bjorn air carrier? I'm considering whether to get a second hand one at $100, so would appreciate any comments :)

Lovemk87, dun worry too much. My girl now at 10 weeks is drinking 160ml 2-4 hourly. She could drink up to 190ml previously, but she regurgitated alot of milk, so we cut down and now she's doing fine. And she's 6.2kg now! In my opinion, as long as ur lil one's poo is normal, then it should be fine. Otherwise u can try to drag the feeding time by coaxing ur baby to sleep before feeding time. I play with my girl after her feed, and she will normally be sleepy 1.5 hours later.

Btw any mommies using baby bjorn air carrier? I'm considering whether to get a second hand one at $100, so would appreciate any comments :)
hi bee,

Your baby about the same age as mine drank quite a lot! that is good!
My bb just stop at maximum 120ml and sometimes need a bit more only...

I have just bought the baby bjorn synergy from AMAZON.com cos it has back support function and the material is cooler but I have not received it.
But i think for air carrier it sells quite cheap at the baby fair last week
u might want to check out in the coming fair for a first hand one...

Jaslyn288

WOW!! my gal still at 130-150 nia.. 3hrs interval abt 5-6 feeds per day..
ermmm.. i bot a baby bjorn active online @ 160 bucks.. and also bot a ergo @ 68bucks (still on the way to me)... my gal quite enjoying.. hee~~

xian

Oh it is really wasted cos thinking whether to try with the 10 dollars voucher
but scare baby got sick cos I read from somewhere that her baby got sick when they bring the baby to spa
I signed there package. Went there 4 times. Of which only 2 times she really enjoy. Hmm. So far so good just tat she'll be very tired aft swim. Might get bit cranky but just put her to bed den ok le.

xian

hi bee,

Your baby about the same age as mine drank quite a lot! that is good!
My baby just stop at maximum 120ml and sometimes need a bit more only...
My girl,10 weeks old, born 17 Sep, drinks only 100 mls every 3 hrs. Sometimes cant even finish. OMG. Is she underfeed?

carollai

My girl,10 weeks old, born 17 Sep, drinks only 100 mls every 3 hrs. Sometimes cant even finish. OMG. Is she underfeed?
hi xian,
my boy born same day as yrs, but he had a little premature, 36wk+4days. he now drink only 95ml every 3 hrs. he finish everything and after finish, he will start suck his hands, but i try to increase to 100ml, he throw out quite alots.

mrs_eg

@.bee:
I love my bjorn synergy... Perfect companion for shopping w hands free... But mine is w support. Air n synergy hav the same material... I think its material does take the heat off if compared to the original one.... My girl always falls asleep in it...

@happyqueen:
I think choosing strollers hav to depend on ur lifestyle... For me... Half of the time i use my stroller on my own.. As in w/o hubby... So it is impt that it is not too heavy n have to be easy to close (keep), especially when taxi uncle dun wanna come out to help... Also,. I wld love to hav my baby to face me as ive read abt the benefits of it (u may google abt the benefits of face to face strollers if u like). When hubby is ard... We drive so it has to fit into the boot with enuf space for grocery shopping... Lastly, we didnt wana splurge too much on it jus in case our girl dun really like to be in it.... Which indeed is true.... My girl wont stay in there for long... She wants to be carried.. So the other half of the time i will be carrying her in bjorn n my diaper bag and other shopping will be in the stroller... Btw, im using Combi urban walker 300series. I believe all the other brands all have their pros n cons.. U jus hav to find one that suits u n ur budget....

Hmmm my girl is drinkin 120ml when she is 1.5 mths ... Now i m not sure as i am on total direct latch on bfeedin...

nightingale

Thanks gals; headache is gone now so no need to medicate. But good to know that panadol is okay - for future reference. :)

For strollers, I saw the G Elite one at the fairs and find it to be very similar to my Quinny Buzz. Okay some pros and cons of a heavy-weighted stroller - pros are that it feels very sturdy, and can take quite a lot of weight (groceries). Cons are that it is heavy and takes up a lot of boot space. We have a hand-me-down Quinny Zapp as well, which is a lot more lightweight so I keep that in my car for use when I'm on my own with bb. The heavier Buzz is in hubby's car so that he is around to carry it hehe! Looking back, I think I might have gone for a smaller stroller instead that is easier to bring around - something in the Combi range. I like the Combi Miracle Turn - a friend of mine uses it and she says no regrets getting it. :)

Last edited:

Fiona73

Have you got your menses back? I bf exclusively, but I got my 1st mense back on 2nd month n 3rd mense 2 weeks after the 1st mense. I remember I only got my mense bk only after 5mth for my no. 1. Nw is like haywire, make me wonder is it normal.

hi xian,
my boy born same day as yrs, but he had a little premature, 36wk+4days. he now drink only 95ml every 3 hours. he finish everything and after finish, he will start suck his hands, but i try to increase to 100ml, he throw out quite alots.
Hi Xian n carol,
My boy is born on the 17sep as well!
Think as long as he has enough milk is alright maybe his stomach is still small

Thanks mrs eg n night for the strollers review. I guess I need a light weight one when I'm alone with bb. But the combi given to us is not so steady . Guess I keep a lookout again for other brands in the coming fair.
The sales staff recommend me maclaren I shall check it out

Jaslyn288

Have you got your menses back? I bf exclusively, but I got my 1st mense back on 2nd month n 3rd mense 2 weeks after the 1st mense. I remember I only got my mense bk only after 5mth for my no. 1. Nw is like haywire, make me wonder is it normal.
I tink u better consult ur gynea, i am sure he can give u a clearer ans.. hee~~

Hello Fiona73,
I got my menses while breastfeeding too. For me, I realised that once I skip a feed or 2 for like 2 days my menses will come, so, and when I am back on routine again, it's gone. VERY STRANGE. It's like dying to come....haha.

Do you gals think it is safe to take panadol for breastfeeding mothers? I'm having a headache but dare not take medication...
Nightingale,

Hope you are feeling better. I was sick for the past 2 weeks too, I 'tahan' and keep pumping Vit C, now better.
For headache, drink loads of water and take Vit C to keep yourself healthy as the weather these days is weird.
Take care.

nightingale

Thanks LittleLady, I'm much better, headache's gone! I think you're right - it was probably caused by not drinking enough water. Sometimes there are so many little things to do with baby at home - one simply forgets!

My menses haven't come yet. Then again mine has always been irregular so can't really tell whether it's because of breastfeeding in my case. :p

lovemk87

Thanks LittleLady, I'm much better, headache's gone! I think you're right - it was probably caused by not drinking enough water. Sometimes there are so many little things to do with baby at home - one simply forgets!

My menses haven't come yet. Then again mine has always been irregular so can't really tell whether it's because of breastfeeding in my case. :p
aiyo...me too menses haven't come & stretch marks are still there :( keep apply cream but doesn't work..sad argh!!!