EDD Sep 2010

LittleWorm

Mine will be going to My First Skool..hope the transition will be smooth for my baby...
Hi Happybaby, how's your lil one coping at the infantcare? Everything ok n smooth? Mine's quite well-adjusted , she only cries when washing her bottom. When she's back home, also not much fuss n mostly sleeps early...lasting thru till next morning! I'm just so busy n tired washing so much of her clothes as she reguritate milk quite alot.

I like it that the infantcare did alot of activity with her...from singing with some music instruments, to reading, to hands n feet activities etc. Teacher says Janelle is very independent, n she's also focused n alert with good attention span! Sounds like school is working well for her now haha

Do share yr experience as well :)

nightingale

Hey it's been a few days now...how is Cheyenne doing at nanny's place? She can adjust well? Pumping bm in office ok?

Not easy right to juggle work n looking after baby after work right? I'm so exhausted always at the end of the day. This week especially since my office n warehse is shifting to a new premises.

Take care ya...jia you
Hey LittleWorm, Cheyenne seems to be doing okay at nanny's place. Thankfully nanny and her 3 grown up daughters all love babies, so they make a fuss of her whenever they are at home. :) Feeling quite relieved and very glad to have found her!

And yes you're right - after one week back at work, I am feeling exhausted! Though work is busy and keeps me from missing baby too much, it's really tiring to come home and there's baby to attend to. Still trying to get used to the routine of dropping baby off before work and picking her up after. And after the first 2 days of trying to keep up the expressing, I've decided that there's no way I can continue given the nature of my job (out of office the whole day sometimes). After 2 days my supply declined drastically. Really feeling the heartpain, especially after all the past months' struggles to keep the supply going. Sigh~

mummieshaven

Dear mummies,

Keen to rent toys for your little ones? Love to see the smiles on their faces when they play new toys?
Take a look at what we have in store for you!
Jumperoo going as low as $40 for a month rental

Fisher Price | Facebook

Befriend us on facebook and get a further 10% discount on your rental for this month!

LittleWorm

Hey LittleWorm, Cheyenne seems to be doing okay at nanny's place. Thankfully nanny and her 3 grown up daughters all love babies, so they make a fuss of her whenever they are at home. :) Feeling quite relieved and very glad to have found her!

And yes you're right - after one week back at work, I am feeling exhausted! Though work is busy and keeps me from missing baby too much, it's really tiring to come home and there's baby to attend to. Still trying to get used to the routine of dropping baby off before work and picking her up after. And after the first 2 days of trying to keep up the expressing, I've decided that there's no way I can continue given the nature of my job (out
of office the whole day sometimes). After 2 days my supply declined drastically. Really feeling the heartpain, especially after all the past months'
struggles to keep the supply going. Sigh~
Hey don't feel depressed...I know the feeling as hv gone thru it...of course everyone says to persereve but sometimes situation is just too difficult! If you still can go on expressing, then continue but if not, don't feel bad.

Great to know bb is adjusting well to nanny :)

Anyway jia you...after a while you will get more adjusted to the daily routine n feel better. Exhaustion is for sure, but a smile or laugh from bb will erase it ;)

LittleWorm

Hey mummies,

how much milk are u giving ur baby right now? My bb is now 3.5 months n drinking 100ml, is it too little or too much?

ah.bee

Hey mummies,

how much milk are u giving ur baby right now? My bb is now 3.5 months n drinking 100ml, is it too little or too much?
Hi all, have not been posting for some time, been treasuring my last week of leave with baby as I'm going back to work tomorrow. Think I'm suffering from separation anxiety already, sigh. Hoping that bb will be ok at nanny's place :(

My girl has always been a huge eater, now also at 3.5 months drinking 185 ml 2.5 to 4 hourly. Littleworm, how's ur bb's weight gain? As long as within normal range I dun think it's cause for concern, but if not then I suggest u check with ur PD :)

dl28

hello to all mummies.

at work already and missing my gal..sigh..now i look forward to ending work..
my gal has yet to flip but she is so busy trying to talk with all her vocab and she has also learnt to make sounds using her saliva hiaz..

LittleWorm

Hi all, have not been posting for some time, been treasuring my last week of leave with baby as I'm going back to work tomorrow. Think I'm suffering from separation anxiety already, sigh. Hoping that bb will be ok at nanny's place :(

My girl has always been a huge eater, now also at 3.5 months drinking 185 ml 2.5 to 4 hourly. Littleworm, how's ur bb's weight gain? As long as within normal range I dun think it's cause for concern, but if not then I suggest u check with ur PD :)
Must b very sian to go back to work :( how's baby at nanny's place?

My baby is drinking 100ml every 3 hourly n at nite or early morning, will give her 110-120ml. Though she seems to want more, I didn't give because the teachers at infantcare thought 100ml is quite alot. Just went to paediatrian today who says at her age should b drinking 120-150ml. So I start increasing her milk intake now. She's now 5.775kg...what about ur baby?

LittleWorm

My baby is drinking 100ml every 3 hourly n at nite or early morning, will give her 110-120ml. Though she seems to want more, I didn't give because the teachers at infantcare thought 100ml is quite alot. Just went to paediatrian today who says at her age should b drinking 120-150ml. So I start increasing her milk intake now. She's now 5.775kg...what about ur baby?

ah.bee

My girl at 3mo already 7kg haha.. Now 3.5mo :) very chubby and most of the time my back and arms ache from carrying her! I think don't have to worry about feeding her too much or too little coz every baby's appetite varies, just like adults. If she wants more then try increasing 10ml by 10ml.

Dl28, totally understand how u feel! I kept wishing for time to fast forward lo.

My girl kept crying at the nanny's today :( unfamiliar faces and place I guess. So heart pain to hear that she had been crying and difficult to settle down. Can only hope that things will improve with time.

Hi Happybaby, how's your lil one coping at the infantcare? Everything ok n smooth? Mine's quite well-adjusted , she only cries when washing her bottom. When she's back home, also not much fuss n mostly sleeps early...lasting thru till next morning! I'm just so busy n tired washing so much of her clothes as she reguritate milk quite alot.

I like it that the infantcare did alot of activity with her...from singing with some music instruments, to reading, to hands n feet activities etc. Teacher says Janelle is very independent, n she's also focused n alert with good attention span! Sounds like school is working well for her now haha

Do share yr experience as well :)
Hi hi mummies, what sort of activities does the infantcare centre provides? I am always wondering what to play with my infant since he is already 4mths. My boy seems to like talking a lot but sometimes I really caught off what to play with him. Please share your advise or experience here. Thks.

Erin07

My girl at 3mo already 7kg haha.. Now 3.5mo :) very chubby and most of the time my back and arms ache from carrying her! I think don't have to worry about feeding her too much or too little coz every baby's appetite varies, just like adults. If she wants more then try increasing 10ml by 10ml.

Dl28, totally understand how u feel! I kept wishing for time to fast forward lo.

My girl kept crying at the nanny's today :( unfamiliar faces and place I guess. So heart pain to hear that she had been crying and difficult to settle down. Can only hope that things will improve with time.
Dun worry ur bb will slowly adjust herself to the new enviornment too :) Its not easy being a working mother..i tried going to my mum's place after work everyday last wk (my 1st wk back to work) and feel rather tiring but happy to be able to see my bb :D

My bb milk intake has also decrease recently. He used to drink 180ml but nw he is onli drink abt 120-150ml depending his mood i guess. Whenever he is full, he will start playing with his milk bottle, pulling it in and out of his mouth and that always make mi wanna laugh as his action is so cute haha...could the decrease in milk volume due to them nearing their weaning??

Erin07

Hi hi mummies, what sort of activities does the infantcare centre provides? I am always wondering what to play with my infant since he is already 4mths. My boy seems to like talking a lot but sometimes I really caught off what to play with him. Please share your advise or experience here. Thks.
My boy is also 4mth+ old ;) You can try letting him play with some toys and teach him things like colour and shapes.

My boy recently saw a turtle toy wif music and get so excited at the departmental store that the moment we took it away from his sight, he started screaming for it. Seeing him so enthu, we bought tt toy for him and there's once we took out the batteries and he will keep pressing the button for the music. He then bb tok to my mum as thou asking her why is there no sound coming out...so i guess having a toy or two is not a bad idea ;)

We hav also got him a mini soccer ball (those soft type) and teaches him hw to kick and he do make attempt to lift his leg to kick it and he will laugh so happily...

My boy is also 4mth+ old ;) You can try letting him play with some toys and teach him things like colour and shapes.

My boy recently saw a turtle toy with music and get so excited at the departmental store that the moment we took it away from his sight, he started screaming for it. Seeing him so enthu, we bought that toy for him and there's once we took out the batteries and he will keep pressing the button for the music. He then baby tok to my mum as thou asking her why is there no sound coming out...so i guess having a toy or two is not a bad idea ;)

We hav also got him a mini soccer ball (those soft type) and teaches him hw to kick and he do make attempt to lift his leg to kick it and he will laugh so happily...
haha, your boy is so smart, Erin07! So cute of him to know who to look for when the toy dont have music. I bought a nursery rhymes book for him but dont know if my maid let him play with it. I think I did buy some mini soccer balls. Thks for your advice. Haha. I seldom bring my bb out to shop cos I am afraid that he may be too young to go around in case he caught some virus. Now I am beginning to see if I should bring him out to explore and see things more....

Fiona73

Have your baby showingbteething signs. Recently notice my gal drooling much, wakefulness n she tuck in her thrumb when breastfeeding....

Have your baby showingbteething signs. Recently notice my gal drooling much, wakefulness n she tuck in her thrumb when breastfeeding....
Hi Fiona, I am using teething gel from Dentinox (available in pharmacies) for my bb. Drooling is one sign of teething also. So I used a very thin layer of gel to soothe my boy's gums. My boy loves to suck his thumb when taking his milk too.

Hi Fiona, I am using teething gel from Dentinox (available in pharmacies) for my baby. Drooling is one sign of teething also. So I used a very thin layer of gel to soothe my boy's gums. My boy loves to suck his thumb when taking his milk too.
Hihi
I think I try to post one entry earlier but it got lost.hope I did not duplicate my entry.

Yes yes my boy drool a lot n like to suck all his fingers
He likes to put his fingers in his mouth when sucking pacifier or drinking milk. Prob there is a smelly taste that he likes.

Hi all mummies
I have started work last week n I really salute to working mums n breastfeeding mums. Really feel super tired to wake up early n bring bb to nanny place n rush back to bring milk to him at the end of the day.
I do see a drop in milk supply as I pump about 3-4 times a day n nearly only once during office hours.

Hi nightingale
Have u stopped completely or still pumping out?

How wei da is a mum !

ah.bee

hi mummies! how's everyone and your little darlings doing? seems our thread is quite quiet recently :) have a question to ask mommies using NUK bottles: is the air system hole supposed to face up or down? i have friends telling me it should face up, and some telling me it should face down! so confused :S

hi mummies! how's everyone and your little darlings doing? seems our thread is quite quiet recently :) have a question to ask mommies using NUK bottles: is the air system hole supposed to face up or down? i have friends telling me it should face up, and some telling me it should face down! so confused :S
Hi bee
The air syst hole should face up I think. The shape of teat will look correct as well
But my stage 2 teat is too fast for him as milk keep leaking from there but stage 1 is too slow for him so using another brand now

LittleWorm

Hi Ah bee,

how's ur lil one coping at nanny's place? Finally settled in?? I guess should by now be more familiar with the new surroundings n able to adapt in.

I think my daughter loves school...somehow feels she's looking forward to go to school haha...the only headache I have is if she's down with a fever, I will hv to take leave n take her out of school. Last week I took 3 days leave just to take care of her due to her fever sigh....