EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Kary2500

Reiann - I gave her ebm during takeoff and formula while landing... I was too nervous to try latching cos she sometimes wrestles with my boob and since I was using the nursing cover, I thought it would be too difficult.. But I allowed her to latch during the flight when she wanted to.. Everyone is just very helpful when your travelling alone with a baby.. Though changing the baby's diaper on the changing station in the toilet when there's turbulence was a little difficult.. And my baby pooed like 4 times in the six hour flight. I carried 12 diapers just to be on the safe side.. When I landed my stroller took forever to come out and she started wailing, so I just fed her formula while waiting at the belt.. I was surprised at the amount of things I could do with just one hand while carrying her.. If your travelling alone a carrier is the most convenient. I did.nt get mine cos I've got such a complicated one, but I did manage with just de stroller and car seat..

Rodorsany

Meltie my girl is ok... Just need to monitor let e frenum self heal... So long no inflamation no big issues.. E lips swell subside a little very cranky..

Welcome back kary!

Lingz12

Rodorsany, glad to noe ur girl's better now.. Hope the wound heals faster and ur girl return to her bubbly self again! Jia you!

Kary, salute u! I haven even brought bb out on my own in SG yet and u have already brought urs up in the skies! Great that ur bb was an angel on the flight!

Keatbear

Hi mummies, am looking forward to meet up.. Would like to offer my place's function room, there are tables and chairs and aircon but all glass windows... Still welcome to nurse under nursing apron...

But my place is a little to the west at buona vista area... Not sure how convenient for mummies??

Any feedback??

justamom

I stay at a condo.. if necessary we can use the function rm during wkdays..but My bb quite cranky n need feed or attention at times..n function rm is open..So those who nurse need to bring cover..btw do u all encounter blocked nose of bb? Hw to clear?

Kary2500

Thanks rodorsany and lingz!!

Lingz when u hav no choice u will somehow manage.. IMO I feel I'm a lot more calm when I'm alone with my baby, cos with other ppl around I feel everyone is a little too helpful and they don't trust my capability of handling a baby..

Justamom my baby's nose gets blocked all the time due to reflux... You should keep the head raised. I also use the sea water spray sometimes..

erlina040

Hi Kary, I'm impressed with you handling your baby alone on both flights.. I can't imaging doing it. Even at home, she is always fussing.. She will wail in every car ride.. So stressful when driving her from just my in law place to my house.

Meeting up at function room seems good, better than restaurant or shopping area.. Coz my girl can really fuss.

Justamom, where do u stay? Actually, any condominium is good.. Be it ur or Kary.. Mayb, we can confirm the date and attendance, easier to manage the number of ppl.. I can't rem which date that was mentioned before..

NeSSa

justamom usually i will use those soft cotton buds for children to slowly dig...but gt to becareful nt to dig too deep...usually i wait for my son to sneeze it helps it to push it out a bit..

meltie

Hey rodorsany, gd to hear ur girl is fine! hope u're coping well!

Welcome back Kary! You're one gung-ho mum ! Great to hear u n ur bb went through it smoothly! Ya i agree that sometimes when we're alone, our mother instinct kicks in.. we'll be calmer.. make or break it lol.. we can one!

hey keatbear, i also stay in bouna vista but pasir panjang area.. my condo got no function rm.. super old and cannot make it... hmm i'm ok with any place.. i can arrange to get the car and drive.. hopefully my little one cooperates in her car seat!

Yup shall we try to fix a date? i'm ok with any weekdays.. we can arrange n see how we can get some fod and what are we gonna do? meet up to talk? any food? haha yeah we can breastfeed under covers... got table can change diaper liao lol..

Hey justamom, u mean blocked nose or got nosedirt inside blocking? i remove it by using a warm damp cotton ball pressed lightly on her nose, and try to stuff in abit to stick out the dirt.. gotta keep trying till ot comes out more den pull out.. if bb irritated or her nose is abit red liao i stop and try again afew hrs later...

any mummies notice bb with alot of ear wax? i just can't help but realise it everything i breastfeed coz look down into her ear will see alot of dirt.. tried to clean the exposed part of ear.. but some parts near the folds are hard to clean... i heard cannot clean near the ear canal.. but its quite dirty! every now and then will drop some ear wax on the swaddle, clothes or bouncer.. :p

meltie

oh ya Kary , i bought my manduca carrier liao! Got it from this lady on the motherhood forum..

Her name is BabyJuan : ‪9758 2260‬, selling both styles..
New style 190 (preorder)BlackLine 220 (ready stock)
I got it from her 2 weeks ago.. she couriered it to my house via Ta-Q-Bin by next day.. quite fast to doorstep.. she pays for the delivery. I bought the blackline one.. haven't really got chance to try..

i figured the price is about there, she selling cheaper then the stores..

NeSSa

oh ya ask you all..if u r alone at home...and needed to go toilet (tummyache) what u do with ur baby? coz we dont sleep in masterbedroom so is not like i can leave the toilet door open..coz my FIL may come bk...LOL

meltie

Oh ya did u all read about the news of the 2 sets of parents who took back wrong babies from KKH? they only found out after checking the id tags and found it was another mother's name! Wondering how come during discharge nv double check.. imagine our bbs were swapped at birth! gosh!

haha thinking back, when bb was born, i tried v hard to remember how she looked like.. her features.. coz i was scared i can't recognise her..... :p so funny of me... yesterday as i was asked by insurance guy wad was my bb ic number.. i abit blur.. haha can't really be sure if i remember correctly... haha hope will get better when use more often!

NeSSa

meltie i saw the news and i gave birth at KKH...but lucky we got check and double check is our son...and since he was discharge 3 days after me...i had to bring my ic to make sure is mine son....

meltie

oh ya ask you all..if u r alone at home...and needed to go toilet (tummyache) what u do with ur baby? coz we dont sleep in masterbedroom so is not like i can leave the toilet door open..coz my FIL may come bk...LOL
Hey Nessa, i stay w hubby alone.. hmm most of time alone w bb at home.. if i stomachache, i'll leave bb in bouncer beside the doir or the toiletbowl (i know its gross) or if she is crying or hungry, i'll be carrying her while i erm do my business.. bo bian... i've done it afew times.. most of the time gotta carry or feed coz she gets cranky when i not in front of her to rock her..somemoreif i already started my business and she cry, v hard to reach and pick her up liao.. so i carry first or let her cry through while i try to cut short my business... . hmm guess if ur father in law may come home, maybe u can just leave a gap to look at bb by the door if bb is ok? close n finish up when he's back?

NeSSa

i went to toilet do my business my son cry...lol...then do halfway come back...later go bk finish it LOL...he is trying to sleep but the minute his pacify drop he cries....hopefully he sleep soon..

felicity

kary! u did it! *two thumbs up* wow i wonder if i'd ever be able to bring bb onboard a plane myself... though it won't happen so can only imagine.. haha.. impressive mummy!!

keatbear at least buona vista not so much west... sounds good... justamom stays which area? thanks both for offering ur condo function rooms!! so which date is good? ^^ i can't on 9 dec sunday, got a wedding to attend...

meltie yup i noticed bb's ears very dirty inside also!!

i went to toilet a couple of times w bb in her carrier. sometimes she's on bed n i just put pillows around her n run to toilet... sometimes i didn't close the toilet door since i'm in the master bedroom but must close curtain first cos toilet facing the window...

NeSSa

from what i knw to clean their ears just use cotton bud with baby oil slower rub outer part...shld remove the dirt...the one inside from what ENT doc told us is that the wax will come out by itself but wont be so fast...

Kary2500

Erlina - The good thing about my baby is she loves being on the move, and sleeps quite fast when on the move. Like if we place her in the car seat she falls asleep in 5 to ten minutes, but if the car stops for more than 3 to 5 minutes she wakes up lol. The same with the stroller, so nowadays when she's fussing too much I place her in the stroller and walk about in my house. Though I must say she is becoming smart, and probably knows im fooling her, cos she keeps looking around when in the stroller and takes longer to sleep now.

Meltie - Thanks for sharing.. I will find her and try ordering with her, cos my hubby is in SG and he can get it from her. Though now I am a little confused if I should get the ergo carrier or manduca one. The ergo one seems a little more reasonable compared to manduca, but this time want to be sure I get a good one irrespective of the price.

Nessa - I usually keep my baby out in her bed when I have to go poop, but make sure I'm really fast because for some reason I have noticed my girl starts crying only when I have to poo or have my lunch or dinner. Its like she knows she just has to trouble me. But I did take her in the stroller to the toilet in the airport cos I just had to go and couldnt wait. Thankfully she was fast asleep so she didnt wake up even after flushing lol.

Felicity - Thank you!! :)) You will be able to manage too if you have to.

My baby is two months old today!! I just love her sooo much more each day, cant believe im a mommy of a two month old... But loving everyday with her, she has brought new meaning and sooo much happiness to my life.

NeSSa

my son will be 3 mths old next week...the past 3 months eventhough i was stress out coz mostly i m caring for him on my own...but whenever i see him smile or laugh makes me less stress...

everyday i will tell him i love him and ask him to behave...but always he will seek for my attention...at times he seeks his daddy attention...lucky for me nite time is his turn to take over for awhile for me to rest....and wkend he will help out...

Rodorsany

Thanks ladies... Im exhausted... Couldnt even wake up to pump ard dawn.... One ordeal tires me out... But good thing recovering well..

Hw bout meet on 12dec... Mid dec weds... Lets make it christmas gathering lol..

Buona vista sounds quite good got circle line... Lets see where justamom stays.. Btw most prob I may bring 2... tedious hopefully i can handle n weather good... We can order some food like sushi or pizza etc etc... Whose hb joining???