EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Piglim

Piglim: Thanks for sharing! I have been thinking about feeding solid to my boy when he is ready. When you said a quarter cup of brown rice fetches 5 servings, does a serving actually equates to a tablespoon you mentioned at the later part of your message?
Uttmama: yes a serving equates to the 1 tablespoon. I think it's Gd to share baby receipe here n the steps.. Even though we can still google for it or get a book.. At least in this forum we can share our views ;) get feedback ;) unlike facing my mil.. WHOLE day long telling me last time this person last time tat person ate some dunno wat (barley brown rice n 2 other thingy 4 of these in a packet bought from e Chinese medicine shop) now so healthy so i should buy that to feed my son.. Damn irritating.. It's my son n I will decide wat to feed him. Really envy those of u who can still lead ur couple hood n send ur child to infantcare... I really can't stand living together with my mil (although now she's not giving me any problem) just that her living habits n her niam-ing puts me off!

Ane Today second day for my son on e cereal haha as usual he made a mess.. But now he's started doing e mum mum sound hehe so cute!! Really amazing to watch ur child grow up isn't it? The things they do r so innocent pure n adorable :) ahhh :)))

Can see e thread not moving as fast Le.. U gals must b rushing to work n back hm eh? Well my son, who still doesn't slp thru e night made me a zombie the first week but after that I got used to it Le.. (yes he still wakes up once/twice) but he seems to know its bedtime so he's always quick in sucking the milk eyes close n back to his dreamland in 10mins flat.

Next wk my son is turning 5mths Le!! Goosh u know as I looked back on e first few pages on this sept mummies forum it just brought smiles to my face.. When I was pregnant I really felt it was forever... But now tat my son is in my arms time passes by so quickly ;((( dun wanna grow old...

Last edited:

Lingz12

Yeah Piglim, I agree! Tat time cos I'm pantang, waiting for the 13th week before I can announce seems forever.. Then the third trimester, where I feel like a hippo and look like a puffer fish (according to my colleague), really can't be slower.. Wen bb finally out, the nights seem too long.. And suddenly now I have a 4mth old bb girl in my arms.. Where did all the time go? She's growing too fast now! Soon she wouldn't want me to carry or cuddle her anymore.. Soon she will start saying NO to everything I tell her to do.. I wish time will slow down now.. Haha..

felicity

piglim yes!! it's like yesterday when bb was kicking me in my bump n now bb is kicking me out of my bed! XD

this thread is really moving v fast, even after so long!! mummies, keep up the good work or helping n listening to one another!!

my combi stroller - one wheel broke n one wheel stuck. omg how could it be?! we hardly used it!!! :( cost me $500+ n used only those few times n spoiled?! omg! calling combi office!!

my bb was gooood... slept through the night n slept thru 12 hrs... but those days gone too soon! now she couldn't slp in the cot so no choice, slp between us... kept kicking us, woke up few times at night so i had to latch her back to slp... now even at night refuse to slp, hv to latch her to slp!! from initially can coax her to slp at 8+ till these few days latch and latch several times from 8pm to midnight... omg i want to faint ><

bb poo did get stinkier these days... ><

i wanna start my bb on solid food in week 24, so around 4 more weeks to go!! i hv the pigeon home baby food maker for manually mushing baby food but mil said not good as she used once when she took care of nephew, so i'm selling on fb buzzy tots exchange corner. probably just manually mushing with fork n spoon...

Lingz12

Justamom, my supply suffered a little ever since I started work cos I've been pumping less.. From 5 times a day in the past to now 3 times a day.. I will still try to latch her for her first and last feed.. So the amt of milk I pumped out is jus enuff.. Now I can't skip any pump sessions if not bb will nt have enuff milk..

I suppose more of us have started work and the rest preparing to go back to work.. Jia you everybody! Do continue to share here! I find tat I girls understd me best! it's a torture arguing with my parents, my hubby and my grandma over my insistence on bm for my girl until at least 6mths.. they keep telling me to give up and switch to fm and solid food now tat I've started work and bb is oredi 4mths.. I had to seriously warn them tat if I catch them sneakily feed my girl with anything other than bm, they are so gg to get it from me.. They had their chance at parenting, now's my turn! but they jus dun get it cos they tink they noe better.. grrrrrrr..

linl1n84

Agreed time passed very fast, another 3more weeks I gotta go back to work :(

my gal grows up so fast and I think she can recognize ppl, recently when she cried, mil carried couldn't soothe her but once I carried she would stop cry,. Quite worried once I go back to work not sure mil can soothe her crying or not,,

My gal can laugh till make loud laugh sound, she can play and mumble a lot but when sleeping, she needs me to carry her, recently I gotta carry her in my arm and sleep, i can't really sleep well.. Gosh what will happen once I start work, think I will sure be zombie at Ofc.,

Ling what are ur pumping timing at Ofc? Ur supply is better than mine, with 3x pump enough for xuanxuan, mine is so pathetic, nowadays every 4hr I only got 100ml, :((((

I can't wait to start solid too but I will wait till 24 weeks too..

erlina040

Ya, time really flies.. Haha, I can't imagine we actually have made it this far, with all of our babies turning 4 months or 5 months. Some friends of mine just give birth and I can't imagine providing knowledge that I once so ignorance to them.

My girl still refusing to drink milk in the day when she's awake. She will struggle right from the start. No idea why. Doesn't she feel hungry even without milk for 4 to 5 hours, with only around 70 to 80ml of milk. So worried for her. Hence, although she can sleep through, I will still wake up to feed her in the night, as worry she has not enough. Can't wait for her to start solid and hopefully she like it. I even go to the extent of trying different milk powder, she still reject the milk.

My supply is also very low, up and down, at most 100ml every 4 hours, and I think by the time I'm back to work, it'll drop further..

justamom

Lingz12:747869 said:
Justamom, my supply suffered a little ever since I started work cos I've been pumping less.. From 5 times a day in the past to now 3 times a day.. I will still try to latch her for her first and last feed.. So the amt of milk I pumped out is jus enuff.. Now I can't skip any pump sessions if not bb will nt have enuff milk..

I suppose more of us have started work and the rest preparing to go back to work.. Jia you everybody! Do continue to share here! I find tat I girls understd me best! it's a torture arguing with my parents, my hubby and my grandma over my insistence on bm for my girl until at least 6mths.. they keep telling me to give up and switch to fm and solid food now tat I've started work and bb is oredi 4mths.. I had to seriously warn them tat if I catch them sneakily feed my girl with anything other than bm, they are so gg to get it from me.. They had their chance at parenting, now's my turn! but they jus dun get it cos they tink they noe better.. grrrrrrr..
LIngz jiayou! another 2mths or less! Yes try at least 6mths..or more! Ignore ppls advice.. if u can maintain juz give...mum's milk best..
I'm also still trying to keep some supply of bm.. but every few hours or more only abt 100ml..intend to keep in that qty So that each feed abt 100ml to try out..hope can also have time to pump n Eat bk at office nx time...

Lingz12

Lin, now I pump in the morning after latching bb, usually about 6-ish.. Then in office I pump during lunch ard 1pm.. By right shld pump ard 6pm after knock off but I need to go fetch bb so skip tat pump.. After pick bb, play and feed her and put her to sleep, I will pump my last pump usually ard 9plus or 10.. Then dream feed her by latching ard 12..

Lingz12

Yeah jia you everybody! At home wen I pump every 4hrs I oso get abt 120-140ml.. But now the interval between pumps is longer so can get a bit more.. Plus cos I latch first and last feed so my girl jus needs abt 500ml during the day.. So now jus can manage.. If her appetite increase then I will not have enuff for her..

Anyway jus drink plenty of water.. I've been forcing myself to drink at work cos sometimes wen too engrossed working will forget..

I wanna wait till 6mths not 24 weeks before introducing solids.. ha! Tat is if PD dun suggest otherwise.. so exciting wen she finally starts on solid..

Lingz12

This morning after latching bb lying on the bed, she wriggled and snuggled against me such tat her head is under my armpit and one hand reaching under me and the other hand on my boob like hugging me.. but I see e time v late oredi.. Bo bian have to get up.. So adjust her back flat on the bed.. V sad.. Soon she wun wan to snuggle and cuddle oredi.. But wen she wans to cuddle now, I can't cuddle enuff.. sobz..

Then these 2 days she woke up earlier wanting to play but I had to get ready for work so jus leave her to tok to herself.. tok until she fed up cos nobody is replying her.. wen I finally carried her she beamed at me cos she tot I'm gg to play with her.. wen she realised we are nt playing she stopped smiling.. Wen I dropped her off at the nanny's place she was still ok.. but wen nanny close the gates and I walk away she started crying so loud tat I can hear her at the lift lobby 4units away.. very heartbreaking.. Sighz.. at times like these, I really feel like quitting and staying home with her.. :'(

justamom

Lingz can understand that kind of feeling..hurry rush bk n play w her ba.. no choice..have to work..that's y some mummies rather quit if finances r OK..some cannot.. but it's OK..bb will always b ours..juz try rush bk n attend to her ba..

Lingz12

justamom:748034 said:
Lingz can understand that kind of feeling..hurry rush bk n play w her ba.. no choice..have to work..that's y some mummies rather quit if finances r OK..some cannot.. but it's OK..bb will always b ours..juz try rush bk n attend to her ba..
yeah.. now everyday I jus quickly rush back once it's knock off time.. if need be I will jus bring work back.. it's really nt easy being a mom, even harder being a working mom.. sighz..

justamom

Ya no choice.. Think will get used to it ba.. can't imagine that day when I go bk to work..Which is soon..So nw keep taking pics n videos..gonna miss the notti boy of mine...
So ur pump schedule.. OK ma?at night still can haf enough when latching?

Lingz12

justamom:748059 said:
Ya no choice.. Think will get used to it ba.. can't imagine that day when I go bk to work..Which is soon..So nw keep taking pics n videos..gonna miss the notti boy of mine...
So ur pump schedule.. OK ma?at night still can haf enough when latching?
yeah my pump schedule is ok.. the dream feed latching I oso dunno whether she has enuff cos she's sleeping thru the feed.. sometimes it last her till 4, sometimes till 5plus.. I suppose still enuff? ha!

one thing I do realise is wen I stretch the pump interval.. like last fri. . I last pump at 1pm.. then fetch bb after work to go dinner with frens.. by the time reach home, give bb wipedown and put her to sleep, it was oredi 11+pm wen I pump.. So 10hrs in between.. though I got more than my usual amount of milk, the next morning wen I see the milk in the fridge, they look kinda thin and diluted.. not like e usual color after the fat and cream got separated at the top.. oso the fat layer seems thinner than usual too.. So now if I can I try not to drag the pump interval.. if not I tink e diluted and low fat (ha!)milk is not filling enuff.. it's like drinking water onli..

Lingz12

yeah.. 10hrs v long.. but was rushing to go meet frens and hubby wasn't v keen on waiting for me to pump.. was onli slightly engorged actualli.. now I realise it's been long since I really got super engorged.. maybe I'm used to long intervals between pumps oredi..

justamom

Lingz12:748293 said:
yeah.. 10hrs v long.. but was rushing to go meet frens and hubby wasn't v keen on waiting for me to pump.. was onli slightly engorged actualli.. now I realise it's been long since I really got super engorged.. maybe I'm used to long intervals between pumps oredi..
At least ur supply still can meet her requirements.. I'm afraid mine cannot then jialat.. cos he nw drinks two hourly..if he's nt aslp..

Lingz12

Took half day urgent leave todae to bring bb to the PD cos she din poo for 9 days.. Though forum mummies said it's perfectly normal for breastfed babies to not poo for many days, my nanny said better check with PD.. Called PD in the morning and was told to bring bb down to check.. PD said if she feeds well, plays well then it's ok.. Breastfed babies can go up to 2 weeks without poo.. He said now babies will start to hold back poo until it's full before releasing at one go (dunno y though).
so it's perfectly normal.. asked him if there's anything I shld eat to let bb poo more regularly and he said no.. oh well.. I jus hope bb poo more regularly from now on..

anyway since we are there.. he pumped her.. and told me to observe the poo.. if yellow watery then ok.. if hard with blood then not ok.. we stayed back at the clinic for a while and waited for bb to poo.. wen she did, it's a glorious mess.. haha! she doesn't noe how happy I am to see her poo!

and since we are there, I asked PD if she can take her 4mth vaccine and he said yes.. yeah! save a trip down! bb din even cry wen the needle went in.. neither did she fidget wen they pumped her.. the nurses were all so impressed..

anyway she's 61.4cm and 6.8kg now at 18 weeks.. PD says she's above average and size equivalent to a 5mth+ bb! gosh.. But he said not overweight, jus slightly bigger than other babies.. ha!

Keatbear

Haha lingz, it was like me few months back and I was panicking for my gal to poop... And when she finally did. I was like feeling for the 1st time that I am actually waiting for shit to happen and so happy it happened!!!!