EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

felicity

Wah means that your baby love prata lol. I am still waiting for a very obvious baby's kick. Guess i just have to be patience.
Haha sometimes I wonder bb likes it n kicking in glee or dislikes it and kicking in protest!

When I try to feel my bb's movement... I keep wondering how the bb is feeling. Is she happy n dancing? Or is she unhappy and throwing tantrum? I'm constantly amazed that there's this little being living inside my body, with her own individual sensing, feeling and character, independent of me, her current living space! while she can probably sense how I feel, I'm constantly guessing how's she feeling. Is she happy? Is she comfortable? I can never stop thinking how amazing it is to hv this little individual living inside me right now!!

rosemummy

Hi mummies,
Trying to catch up on all the threads!
I only feel my first baby kick on 20 week right after I went for my detailed scan. My boy doesn't kick me all the time and most active at night when I settle to rest after work or when I am hungry. My doctor says you don usually feel baby kicks whole day. Not to worry mummies. Still long way to go and I am sure all of us will feel the kicking pretty strong soon!

My next appointment is next Tuesday and I will be reaching 24 weeks. I am considering opting for 2D and 3D scan in my next scan but all depends on luck whether can see clearly for 3D!

Have you all started planning your maternity leave? :)

felicity

no... my admin says need to get a letter from gynae that states the EDD... then can apply for maternity... i haven't started planning... but sadly mine will clash with the sch holidays...

still up this hour working, and hungry again omg! better go zzz soon, need to wake up at 6am for work. gdnight everyone!

tealeaf

Haha sometimes I wonder bb likes it n kicking in glee or dislikes it and kicking in protest!

When I try to feel my bb's movement... I keep wondering how the bb is feeling. Is she happy n dancing? Or is she unhappy and throwing tantrum? I'm constantly amazed that there's this little being living inside my body, with her own individual sensing, feeling and character, independent of me, her current living space! while she can probably sense how I feel, I'm constantly guessing how's she feeling. Is she happy? Is she comfortable? I can never stop thinking how amazing it is to hv this little individual living inside me right now!!
I just assume my baby is happy when she is kicking me. except in the morning when I have not had my breakfast, that meant she wanted me to eat because she's hungry. LOL. It's really amazing to think that I have little life inside my womb. Though sometimes I am panicked thinking that my life will be changed after the arrival of the baby.

rosemummy, I will let my gynae do the scan and if the result is good, then will opt for 3D :) can't wait for my detail scan in 1 week time!

felicity

Good morning everyone! I dl the iPhone app so easier to check and reply ^^ I didn't even know abt 3D scan! Gynae nv says anything.... Usually is when do one? My next appt is 2 weeks later :)

sapphire

Yeah, i suspected it was the baby moving. It feels like there's bubles inside your tummy popping, something like there's gas there like when u feel hungry and ur tummy growling. But the feeling is slightly different than when u feel growling coz of hunger. Furthermore, that time i just had my afternoon snack and next 20mins i feel flutters inside my tummy. I thought i was hungry again but i actually feel full. And then i remembered that it might be the baby, since i've read some articles that the movement can feel like gas or hungry feeling..

Now i think back, maybe few weeks before that the baby moved alrd and i can feel it. just that i always thought i was hungry.. lolz..

So try to relax after you eat, normally the baby will be active after you eat. maybe before, you can feel it too but just that you thought it's gas..
Hi eeneyminey..

I think I might have felt the little one bouncing inside ler!!!

Last Friday evening I just laid back on the bed and relaxed, then suddenly there are like little soft bumps inside my tummy.. At first I though it was wind too, but after a while it came again.. very soft bumps off and on... then when I place my hand on my tummy it stopped... but a while after I removed my hand there were a few more soft little bumps.. the feeling is rather cute and amazing.. I am quite sure is the little one burping inside or bouncing inside liao.. =P

Juan

Morning everyone, I also started feeling my baby moving inside by tummy, I am 18 weeks now.
Same here, everytime when I place my hand on my tummy then she stop moving... :)

tealeaf

You must be very delighted when your babies moved, Juan and sapphire :)
If you put your hand on your tummy long enough, the baby will kick again. It takes time. LOL.

felicity, I also don't know the normal procedure for 3D scan. as long as I can see my baby, 2D or 3D is ok by me :)

DiceWee

Me too! I told my husband everyday that i feel so happy & blessed to have this little baby in my belly. His kicks is getting more obvious than before & i always excited to wait for the next kick. Especially when i was trying to sleep on my desk yesterday, he gave me a real hard kick suddenly (probably becuz the position was not comfortable for him) & i jumped from the chair cuz of too shocks. :Dancing_tongue:Haha!

rosemummy

Hi mummies,

I bought maternity/nursing bra from "youhaveababy.sg" at baby expo and the mystique padded bra without wire is so comfy that I ended up buying more online! Their nursing pad were sold out in expo. They will be at motherhood fair end May!

I will take 2 weeks rest before EDD but already planned my maternity leave in advance cos I probably rest 4.5 to 5 months. Better to get approval from my boss in advance la in case she asks me no néed come back to work :p

rosemummy

Hi felicity
2D scan is very good already!
But My sonographer asked me ask doctor scan request for both 2D and 3D around 28 weeks I think. 3D depends on luck whether enough amnio fluid and baby facing up. If not, very hard see image. Reason must wait till 28 weeks and more cos by then baby got fats already. Otherwise too early scan can only see skeletal!:p

felicity

Haha icic.. Thank u! Ya I think my friend shared a pic of bb scan, the facial feature v clear n 3D one, is her 30+ weeks I think...

Bb kicking me whole day yesterday! No need slp one lor >< haha... But today not much... Maybe cos today holiday I'm also in slacking mode been napping on n off since morning :)

lizzy2101

Hi all :) my detailed scan on 17th May, i was thinking about the 3d/4d scan too but my docs says wait till the baby is born cos we might not know what's the side effect as that particular scan is still new.. Just sharing mummies!

felicity

Oooo icic.. Thanks lizzy for sharing! ^^ I haven't really heard of it yet so dunno abt it and not keen to try too :)

felicity

Had a nightmare that TMC sms me says I hv miscarriaged... Woke up crying like mad n hubby had to pacify me T___T

But now bb moving around, feeling better... Feeling the bb's movement is v reassuring....

felicity

happy mother's day to all!!

eh how come like suddenly got some missing posts? or am i hallucinating that there were more posts then this?

felicity

hee ok... yup i rem there's some posts on weight gain so far for our 20+ weeks? sat i went for my gynae check.. overall gained around 3kg, doc says healthy for me as i hv lost some weight in 1st trimester (and am overweight) plus bb measurement all healthy...

Melly

hee ok... yup i rem there's some posts on weight gain so far for our 20+ weeks? sat i went for my gynae check.. overall gained around 3kg, doc says healthy for me as i have lost some weight in 1st trimester (and am overweight) plus baby measurement all healthy...
Hi all,

I am 22wks & gained 8kg! Baby measurements normal, and baby weight 425g. So I guess the rest is on me!

And feeling baby kicking everyday morning, noon & night! Its such a miracle to have this little angel growing inside my belly...And she even recognised her Daddy's voice as he will rub cream on my tummy every nite while talking to her & she will "kick" his hand in response. We play classical music as well as read to her too...

EDD in Sept 5-11 & still haven't found confinement nanny. Any recommendations???