EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Wanna check with all mums, by 28 wks, we should be seeing the gynae every 2 weeks or 4 weeks? Up til now i'm still scheduled for 4 weeks visit. Will be seeing my gynae again this coming weekend, so before that i wanna make sure the frequency of visits with other mums. Pls advise.. ^^
Hi there.. Im still seeing my gynae every 4 weeks for nw. My gynae told me tat after 32 weeks she will see me every 2 weeks and once i reach 36 weeks (9 mths), she will see me every week :)

Oh ya! Will clash with sept hols.. My edd is 12 Sept. Most likely might be earlier. I just have this feeling that frm 36 weeks, it cld be anytime to pop hehehhe End august or early sept. If pop during sept hols will be a bit wasted too lah since ml will start during sept hols. Bt i was thinking of goin for HL either early or mid august depending on how much i can pull through. Nw feeling very heavy at 31 weeks. Everyday is like a battle between my mind and body to get to school. So far my school has already prepared for my leave. For all my classes, i have a teacher paired with me. Even my form class, they have already attached the teacher to replace me when i leave. My only worry is my graduating class. That's the only thing that is motivating me to last till the very end cuz i really want to be there for them.. Hows your situation in your sch like, felicity?
great to see a fellow tr! wow ur sch is all prepared, that's great! my 4 upper sec classes also ready for me to leave already, and an extra form tr for my form class too, only worry is my sec 2 classes... 6 classes! fortunately this year i'm not taking graduating classes... all sec 2s and 3s.

everyday is a battle too.. especially my 3-hr consecutive... in classes on different floors from 1st to 4th lvl... so always hv to rush from 1st lvl to 4th n vice versa every hour... v tiring and v warm too! i'm always perspiring and recently i feel really stinky in class! :(

i'm actually due in term break but i took earlier cos my ML clash is w nov/dec hols! that's the lugi part! my sch only allows us to take all 4 mths at one shot, no negotiation. how's urs planned? i'm taking unpaid leave next year also, will only be back in term 3... hope enough savings to survive...
Hehhee felicity, my exact sentiments! Its very tiring in sch each day with back to back periods and the going up n down the four levels. I can understand hw you feel! Jiayou okie! Look forward to the start of your ml.

My sch has been pretty understanding thus far. They allow me to break my ml..so im taking till nov. then remaining ones in jan. i'm also thinking of taking no pay leave till june and be back only in term 3.. Bt still thinking of the finances and whether gt enuf savings to last during those months with no pay especially so now that most of my savings is gone to the renovation of my new house.. Sigh.. Either that i also feel like taking 3/4 load to spend more time with the baby. Cuz my sch can be pretty demanding. Its long hours. Before my third trimester set in, i was working for 12 hrs on most days. Loads of things to do and always get arrow to do stuffs. It was very stressful!

felicity

Hehhee felicity, my exact sentiments! Its very tiring in sch each day with back to back periods and the going up n down the four levels. I can understand hw you feel! Jiayou okie! Look forward to the start of your ml.

My sch has been pretty understanding thus far. They allow me to break my ml..so im taking till nov. then remaining ones in jan. i'm also thinking of taking no pay leave till june and be back only in term 3.. Bt still thinking of the finances and whether gt enuf savings to last during those months with no pay especially so now that most of my savings is gone to the renovation of my new house.. Sigh.. Either that i also feel like taking 3/4 load to spend more time with the baby. Cuz my sch can be pretty demanding. Its long hours. Before my third trimester set in, i was working for 12 hours on most days. Loads of things to do and always get arrow to do stuffs. It was very stressful!
hee yea i totally can understand the long hours, tell me abt it! i usually arrive in sch around 6:40am and my typical day starts at 6:45am and ends at 6:30pm.. because P wants sch gates to be closed at 6:30pm... thus at 6:30pm the uncle comes to chase us out so he can close the sch gates and we hv to guai guai go... our lessons start from 7:30am. and i'm in a UG, even last mth i was still staying overnight in sch for camps... with my big bump, sleeping on safari bed... and my comm keeps me bz too. i still hv 2 character education lesson plans and 6 sexuality education lesson plans to write b4 i go on ML! plus 2 common tests to set and 2 EOY papers to set... i v worried now that i cannot finish in these 6 weeks b4 my ML starts. working day and night. right now as i'm typing this i'm surrounded by assessment books, trying to come up w a qn bank for my papers! for the past year normally my hubby goes to bed and i'm still lesson planning or setting paper or marking away till well over midnight... i dunno how much my workload will reduce if taking 3/4 load... after my unpaid leave then i'll think abt it...

a lot of my teaching friends told me to split my ML but unfortunately my sch not allowed to split, so i hv to take one shot and overlap my EOY hols... i even heard from one tr when i was on a workshop last mth, her RO told her to take 2 mths of sep n oct, nov n dec no need take, then jan n feb take... so good!! *envious*

it's nv easy being a tr and pregnant at the same time!! the arrows still come, the load not lightened, and stress also nv lesser... glad to hv a peer here to talk to and rant to! haha... take good care ya, Caramellae? :)

felicity

Wanna check with all mums, by 28 wks, we should be seeing the gynae every 2 weeks or 4 weeks? Up til now i'm still scheduled for 4 weeks visit. Will be seeing my gynae again this coming weekend, so before that i wanna make sure the frequency of visits with other mums. Pls advise.. ^^
i'm seeing every 4 weeks until 31 weeks... then at 31 week my next appt was 3 weeks later. i believe subsequent should be 2 weeks apart?

Thanks felicity! Wow! U sure have a lot of things to clear before u go ml. Take it easy okie. Take one thing at a time. Im sure will be done soon enough. Im also worried abt completing all my stuffs before i leave. Gotta keep on striving and hope for the best :)

Anyone having water retension problems like I do.. ??
Me!! My feet so swollen and it looked super huge. My fingers too. And the blood flow is nt very good at my fingers. I always feel very numb ard tat area. Sometimes i cant even feel what i touched and cannot grasp things tightly.

Very bad heartburn too nowadays. Always have a burning sensation at my throat especially at nite. Sometimes it gets really bad that i vomitted out whatever i had for dinner in the middle of the night..

Thanks all for sharing the info..

I read up felicity's and caramellae rants, somehow i feel quite fortunate to be working in an office, even though it's still quite a load of stress work for me.. lolz.

Anyway, take good care for both of you, walk slowly and just take everything slow. Stressing yourself up will be stressing your babies too. Past few weeks i also stayed up late in office, until about 10pm and i even came in during weekends. During those days, even at home i also thinking about work. Most of the days i stayed late in office, i skipped dinner meal and just drink milk, ended up at night always cannot sleep and feeling hungry. Now i think back really regret, i feel like i'm not just making my own body suffer, but my baby's too..

Gracecwz

[h=2]Hey babes, I'm a may mommy. Finished confinement but still have alot of bath herbs not used. Hubby bought too much, thinking I'll use it everyday. [/h]

Herbs are packed in sachets, 1 pack 2 sacs. Just pour hot/warm water to bath, very convenient, no strong smell. Med hall selling 1 pack $3.50, I'm willing to sell cheap. I have 7 packs. Anyone interested to get from me? Can pm me​

Kary2500

Felicity, caramellae and eeneymeeny... Your schedules seem soo busy, it must be really hectic for all of you. Rest as much as you'll can,.. I guess this will be the last few months in a long time where you will have a full nights sleep..

I have been having so much pain all over my stomach, ribs and back and legs.. Feel like an old woman :( can't sit for too long or stand for too long I get cramps ... Are all of you having pain too? Sometimes I stop and wonder how much it's gonna hurt to go thru contractual pain...

felicity

Thanks felicity! Wow! U sure have a lot of things to clear before u go ml. Take it easy okie. Take one thing at a time. Im sure will be done soon enough. Im also worried abt completing all my stuffs before i leave. Gotta keep on striving and hope for the best :)
yup let's both jiayou! sigh, teachers nv stop worrying... things just constantly surface de... gotta let it all go when it's time to leave for ML...

i had super swollen feet in my last week of term 2, probably cos post-exam activities kept me on my feet most of the time throughout the days... was ok throughout june hols and swollen on thurs and fri of term 3 week 1... maybe cos after resting in hols, suddenly need to stand a lot again and climb a lot of stairs again so accumulative over the week. but after that until now i'm ok. only today my colleagues even commented my legs still look pretty lean, very unlike other pregnant trs who usually have swollen calves, ankles and feet. so i'm seriously counting my blessings and hope my legs and feet will maintain...

eeneyminey yea must take care and eat! sometimes i'll be starving by the end of my 3-hr back-to-back lessons too... need to quickly rush down to eat in canteen. last 2 weeks i went for prenatal class without dinner... was super starving until the lessons ended! :( but i guess my bb is absorbing all the nutrients well since according to my last scan, she's slightly overweight!

Kary, thanks, will rest as much as i can! i actually don't have much pain except in my groin area, especially when taking the stairs or getting up from sitting position, but it's tolerable so i'm not bothered. maybe cos usually in sch i walk and stand a lot. i think i sit down most this term already... normally i will stand all the way throughout my lessons as i prefer to be moving around class and hv "bird's eye view" of the students :p so if i hv 3 or 4 hours consecutive teaching hours, i will be on my feet for 3 to 4 hours without sitting down... probably my body very used to me standing and walking for long hours so still ok. but i do feel the bump getting heavier and heavier! these days i sit down much more often in class.

i'm actually not worried abt contractual pain... yet? nv really give it much thought, maybe no time to think abt it. a few of my colleagues hv natural birth without epidural, and i aim to try that too. i was told teachers stand and walk and climb stairs so much more, so is easier w natural birth. i seriously hope that applies for me too!! haha~

Kary2500

Felicity, Yes while I was reading your comment, on walking so much and climbing stairs I was just thinking your natural birth should be alot faster... I keep walking alot too, hoping it will be natural... About the epidural I think I will initially try without it, but if I cant take the pain too much then will just give in to epi..

I have my next appt with the doctor on Fri hoping the baby has put on weight and grown .... I am not able to gain weight :( from the start of pregnancy till now hav gained 5.5 kgs.. Dunno what to eat to gain weight, yet I think I'm permanently eating and feel I should be really gaining alot of weight.

Pinky32

How's the talk last night at SCGS, mummies?
Very informative for first time parents. The talk by PD Dr.Ong Eng Keow about newborn which includes:
-normal feature of newborns
-imperfections and appearance. Which imperfections/apperance are normal and which are not.....from top to bottom....
-warning signs to take note etc
- a lot of frequently asked questions from mummies

Actually all this info can be found from the booklet given to us, which wrote by Dr.Ong Eng Keow (You and Your Baby)

You might want to a copy of it.

June2012

Felicity, you are so lucky. I have gained more than 15kg now and was told its not easy shed off pregnancy weight. My tummy has stretch marks too. :(

meltie

Hi mummies!

It's been awhile since i've posted! Can see that everyone is so active! I have been very busy wih work! My work is sales based and got to walk alot, carry alot and climb alot.. many times i come home is tired already, lazy to read and post haha..

I just went for my 28th week gynae appt last monday, i gained 8kg and bb is at 1.23kg. EDD is still 24th Sept. Doc says normal. I complained of this lower right abdomen pain near the groin area(coz previous night i think i exerted myself when i panicked in sensing my hubby to A&E for stitches on his thumb.. yes he cut himself accidentally at midnight.. bled non-stop) Gynae gave me 1 day mc to rest and say its normal. I read up about the area.. seems to be the pain at the round ligament. My check up was ok, but gyne commented that my placenta is abit on the low side. She noticed it earlier in my pregnancy, but its still low now that i'm in 3rd trimester. She say she will continue to monitor as the uterus will contine to grow and pull the placenta up. Seeing her in 3 weeks time. Anyway, after that i had a rough week of food poisoning. Diarrhoeed and have stomach cramps for 3 days.. took 3 days MC!

I read up about low placenta online.. quite worried as it may have oher complications like bleeding and need to do c-section instead of vaginal delivery. Anyone also got this comment from your gynae?

I've signed up for the CBE course at AMK hub starting 20th july, fri! I think i'll be like one of the bigger tummies around! Hope to learn more! I have not been able to sleep well, no position is comfy.. maybe sitting position is best.. baby is super active.. she does karate inside.. lol.. I see alot of mums drinking milk? i wish i can, but i'm lactose intolerant, so can only eat calcium supplements.. Hope they're sufficient! And yes, i do have heartburn, its like acid reflux, buring sensation in throat.. but i still like to eat curry and drink fruit juice.. maybe try not to eat too full, so wun regurgitate..

I have not started buying the baby essentials yet, only car seat, stroller an cot.. i heard there's Isetan Baby Fair starting today and next fri is Baby Expo. Maybe can grab some milk bottles and clothes!

All the best mummies!