EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Piglim

Went for my gynae chk up today. At week 37 n 5 days my baby is now 2.7kg. Gynae says baby is of gd size.. I m actually quite happy with the babys weight.. My mum told me those days average baby size is like 2++kg... I was born only like 2.3kg.. ;)) heheh

However, today dr noticed that my water level has decreased ;(( two weeks ago she still says water level gd.. Sigh... Wat a difference two weeks can b ;((( was strapped to CGC for contraction monitoring for 30 mins... Hv to monitor baby's movement... Cos she says that if the water level drops further then Can be quite critical ;(((( ;(((((( so worrying.... So today I hv been trying to drink as much water hoping that it will increase the water level though dr says there r only 2 reasons.. One.. Not hydrated enough, two my placenta dunno wat... Anw it's something to do with the placenta or cord....

Next Thursday will b my next chk up.... Think the one thing about being pregnant is constantly worrying about the babys health and well being...

Reiann & Nilpeng- ya.... One or two nursing bras r definitely not enough...initially I bought two... From some online blog in sg... Wasn't very comfortable.. N costed me like $15 each... But as my bras were getting tighter.. I thought I needed more.... Now in total I hv 10. Hahah.. Cos worried milk will leak or bra doesnt dry fast enough...

Chewythegum- in my earlier posting I shared the website.. In case u lost it.. It's Your Breastfeeding Cum Natural Parenting Store it's from malaysia and it takes 5-7 days to reach. If u buy their promo pack will b cheaper..

Felicity.. U shld be in cloud nine now... Cos your "last" day of work has ended!!!!

Jofeny

Piglim, the water level is actually baby's urine.

One of the reasons y water level drop might b because your r stressed/tensed.. N bb is not urinating enuff because of that.. U need to b more relaxed.

U have to keep monitoring the level because if the level is too low, bb is prone to infection.. N Gynae might need to induce your bb out. Jia you n relax!!

Piglim

Piglim, the water level is actually baby's urine.

One of the reasons y water level drop might b because your r stressed/tensed.. N bb is not urinating enuff because of that.. U need to b more relaxed.

U have to keep monitoring the level because if the level is too low, bb is prone to infection.. N Gynae might need to induce your bb out. Jia you n relax!!
Induce?!?!!? Omg... Ok I din know that. Gynae also din say anything bout that!!!!
ya.. Very stress at work.. Its not easy to relax when u hv piles of things to do n u dunno when the baby is gonna pop!

Chewthegum-u can refer to e website for e charges I think it's $19.50 ringgit or something like that.

felicity

Rise n shine! Finally can stay in bed till late... Ytd was madly rushing work for a lot of things in sch... After dinner w hubby a bit dizzy came home bathed n concussed early... But still hv 5 stacks of marking n 2 papers to set over this weekend, then next week go back sch return.. Bb pls dun pop yet for another week at least!!

Piglim hope all is fine now! I'd be worried too... Two appts ago doc say I was dehydrated from urine test, luckily placenta water level ok. That was after my two day back pain mc... So pain till I couldnt walk so stayed in bed almost whole day, hardly get out to drink water etc. now cos bb still v active, when I woke up n bb not moving I will be worried n will wake bb up!! I keep patting, pushing n poking my bump n tell bb to rise n shine until she starts to kick.. Haha always so paranoid!!!!

I hv 2 nursing bra from expo bb sale last time n 2 of those slip over head one so called nursing bra for sleep time?? From gmarket... Prob get a few from the site as well :) later go see.. Now all my nursing bras at my parents place where I will do confinement... I'm wearing the same 4 wireless sorella bras since end of my first trimester till now... V comfy. But I also feel like some of u mentioned, first trimester grew.. Now not so plump again... They seems to be saggy now also :( bb kicks so high will even kick my breasts lor, as they sag n rest over the bump.. Sigh..

felicity

Anyway piglim, ur bb weight is good!! I wish my bb can shed some weight... She's so big I v scared I will hv problem pushing her out. Then really is retribution cos my mum also had trouble pushing me out... Sigh...

U know, I can take mrt n some auntie ask if I'm expecting twins. Even some colleagues n the doc I saw for my back pain mc.. All asked if I'm having twins from my big bump!! *faintz*

reiann

35 almost 36 weeks and baby's approx 2.4kg. I hope she doesn't get too large!

piglim: all the best for rest of pregnancy. Rest well and as much as possible.

Any of you NOT getting cord banking? I have this feeling I'm the only mum to be not doing it.. Hm.

Kary2500

Piglim - You take care of yourself.. I would be too worried if the doctor says anything like that.. Sometimes I feel my doctor visits are boring, cos I have no complaints and no questions most of the time for him. But after my last visit, I realised the boring visits are better than the ones where he says you have to do this and have to do that test just cos I complained about something.

When you bought your bras did you measure yourself as per the measuring instructions given on the website? I was checking the measurements from the website and feel I have to wear a really big bra, but in actual my size is a 34 B, wondering if it will be too big if I buy as per the measurements mentioned on the site.

Has your baby turned head down?

How do we know if the baby has turned head down? and when can we expect this to happen?

Felicity - Yayyy finally you can rest well and relax and wait for baby to come out.

Reiann - Even I'm not doing the cord blood banking. Was just not too keen on that right from the start, for my own reasons... I personally feel the whole cord blood thingy is more of a marketing gimmick.

Pinky32

Can I know which brand of raspberry leaf tea will you be drinking? Plan to drink once per day? I just bought Traditional medicinals organic raspberry leaf. On the box stated can drink 3 to 4 cups daily.

Hi Pinky,

i will start drinking in a few days time, i'll be 37weeks then..

reiann

kary: is your baby still breeched? most babies should have turned head down by now. a normal/routine ultrasound scan would show whether your baby is head down or not!

I believe around this time.. the baby should have turned. if not turned yet, it might mean it would be breeched at birth as there is increasingly less space to move around the womb now.

and YES!! I agree! I do think the cord blood banking thing IS just to make money off worried parents too. it's actually quite insidious. they use parents' guilt to get them to do private cord blood banking. cos as a parent to be, I'd feel very terrible if my child or next child needed the cord blood for something life saving. but... how many people have actually used the cord blood of their baby?? public cord blood banking makes more sense.

lizzy2101

Has your baby turned head down?
How do we know if the baby has turned head down? and when can we expect this to happen?

Reiann - Even I'm not doing the cord blood banking. Was just not too keen on that right from the start, for my own reasons... I personally feel the whole cord blood thingy is more of a marketing gimmick.
My baby turned head to position already (thank God) at 34 weeks. Think we can only know in scan, does dr. Roland said something about it yet? He told me if the baby head not yet in position by 34 weeks it will be diff for the baby to position..

And i agree with ya bout cord banking..

Last edited:

Kary2500

My baby turned head to position already (thank God) at 34 weeks. Think we can only know in scan, does dr. Roland said something about it yet? He told me if the baby head not yet in position by 34 weeks it will be diff for the baby to position..

And i agree with ya bout cord banking..
Reiann & Lizzy - At the last appointment my baby was still breech, I had just started the 33rd week then. Will be going again next week, so I will be 35 weeks and 2 days.. Will only know what position the baby is then.. *Fingers crossed*.. And Dr, Roland told me that the baby should turn down by 36 weeks...

lizzy2101

Reiann & Lizzy - At the last appointment my baby was still breech, I had just started the 33rd week then. Will be going again next week, so I will be 35 weeks and 2 days.. Will only know what position the baby is then.. *Fingers crossed*.. And Dr, Roland told me that the baby should turn down by 36 weeks...
Yea hope it turns by then :) few days before my check up i felt different by the way baby kick me, more painful on my rib part and it feels like a fist pressing down there.. So if you feel the same baby moved already :)

Piglim

Hmmm I think the whole cord blood banking thing all depends on personal preference.. No right or wrong... It's just like insurance some pple buy them some don't... Should just do ur own research n see what u feel u need bah.... When u use it (Choy!) u will find it useful.. But when u dun u'll think it's a waste.. For me, hubby n I decided in cordlife.. Cos firstly we know from one of our friends who actually used it.. (well.... not a gd thing) but u know, when u hear real life stories like that u can't help but to be on the safe side... Like my gynae says.. "If u think it's not expensive.. Then buy, no harm. But if it'll be a financial struggle then don't." That's what she suggested to us when we asked for her opinion.

Anw mummies, i was at vivo giant yesterday n I found an alternative for some of u!!! they actually sell nursing bras too but dun expect nice patterns kind.. They only have the beige Color (n black?) it's just the very basic kind, costs $9.89 so if some of u can't wait for the delivery of the bras.. Or feel undecided with e size u can actually go there n try out the sizes (anw there ain't anyone there so u can try n try until u r happy n dun hv to feel obliged to buy them ;) the only thing is there are only giants in 3 locations (marine parade, vivo n tampines)

I was there to buy front button pyjamas.. Hahaha.. Yes i know... Of all places!!! Feels so Aunty.. Hahaha but no choice Le.. Those HDB kinds really ah Soh... (when I asked for hubby's approval he was like... " WAH SUPER SEXY... U wear that to bed I sure fall aslp immediately") hahahahhaha At least the one I got still feels "young" . Its white in color, plain deisgns with small daisy prints n it's cotton material.. Quite comfy...

nlipeng

Piglim... Don't worry.. Baby should be alright..
Just drink more water to keep yourself and baby hydrated.... Your baby's weight is just perfect...
Mine is overweight, but hopefully I can push her through.. 2 more weeks to go for me.. I'm getting worried too, cus my Gynae doesn't wanna see me every 2 weeks or weekly... So I just have to gauge baby's weight and eat accordingly.. Take care of my diet...

Oh... Giant yea? I'll go have a look too.. My maternity leave starts on 27th... Wanna go shopping and walk alot... Walking helps on the dilation... Hopefully my baby guai guai and comes out faster when she's due..

And oh, on the raspberry leaf tea, is it too late if I start drinking now? Week 38....

Enjoy yr holidays mummies!!!

Kary2500

Yea hope it turns by then :) few days before my check up i felt different by the way baby kick me, more painful on my rib part and it feels like a fist pressing down there.. So if you feel the same baby moved already :)
I have normally felt alot of movement on both my sides, but over the past week I realised that I feel the baby moving only on my right side and in my lower stomach.. But dont feel any pressure on my pelvis, so dont know... Gonna read up what can be done to get baby to move into head down position. I so dont wanna have a c section if baby is breech, am not the type who can be extra cautious and careful with myself, or even rest alot. So need the quick recovery after birth.

I was there to buy front button pyjamas.. Hahaha.. Yes i know... Of all places!!! Feels so Aunty.. Hahaha but no choice Le.. Those HDB kinds really ah Soh... (when I asked for hubby's approval he was like... " WAH SUPER SEXY... U wear that to bed I sure fall aslp immediately") hahahahhaha At least the one I got still feels "young" . Its white in color, plain deisgns with small daisy prints n it's cotton material.. Quite comfy...
Lol Piglim ... Your husband is so funny.

chewthegum

Can I know which brand of raspberry leaf tea will you be drinking? Plan to drink once per day? I just bought Traditional medicinals organic raspberry leaf. On the box stated can drink 3 to 4 cups daily.

Hi Pinky, i bought earth mama brand. will take 1 cup then increase to 2 cups a day