EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

oooh seems like the menses cramps pain is normal... just that mine was super long... lucky we only had to pay about 60 bucks for the CTG and cervix check... even though i was on the labour room bed... ><

everyday at home also dunno do what... wake up at 11am... eat... surf net... maybe nap... then wait for hubby to come home for dinner... gynae said i'm supposed to walk for 3-4 hrs a day... but walking for 1 hr around Orchard already super tiring!

so must walk 3-4 hr to trigger labour?!?!! No wonder it doesnt work for me.. i didnt even dilate.. i only walk ard 1.5 hr from cityhall-kallang every alternate days after work.. i got climbed stairs as well, like around 6-9 stories daily.. also not helping!! I should have started walking the distance since week 32.. haihh.. last time so scared it will trigger labour, now want also cannot..

snowkie

back from my check... no dilation yet..
gyne said if i don't deliver this week, will have to induce me next mon!
and even induction may not be successful...
oh well, it's going to be a long week of waiting...

so must walk 3-4 hr to trigger labour?!?!! No wonder it doesnt work for me.. i didnt even dilate.. i only walk ard 1.5 hr from cityhall-kallang every alternate days after work.. i got climbed stairs as well, like around 6-9 stories daily.. also not helping!! I should have started walking the distance since week 32.. haihh.. last time so scared it will trigger labour, now want also cannot..
yea, i think need to walk a lot to help the cervix dilate faster... wah, at least u walk for 1.5hrs on alternate days! i'm just too lazy... hur hur... but of coz not 3-4 hrs at one go... can take breaks in between...

i'm counting down to 28 Sept... if i dun pop by then, will need to go for induced labour... which i heard is more painful! ><

Angpq

Hi, I went thru induced labour. I agreed with what you all say, need to walk more. I never walk and kept on rot at hm end up induced not succuessful. :(

felicity

Hey everyone! Your time will come soon n b4 u know it, u r doing confinement! At the meanwhile jiayou.. Mine popped early (for me la) n I got no time to set up all the bb stuff n prep at home or cut hair etc... Hope I had the time to stay at home more!

Wah erlina, working all the way till bb popped? Jiayou! My sch take early or late also dun get to split so I just take... N also hv a deadline to handover all my stuff... My colleagues actually asked why I nv take one mth early (aug-nov) so I dun overlap w dec hols! XD but I feel lucky I take in time, if not my contraction will be during morning assembly! Wonder what kinda chaos I might hv created haha...

Guess over this week will hv more birth stories coming? :D

Hi, I went thru induced labour. I agreed with what you all say, need to walk more. I never walk and kept on rot at hm end up induced not succuessful. :(
hello angpq, not successful means cervix never dilate? then emergency csec ah? >.< is induced labour really v painful?

meltie

Oh dear i never really walk alot ever since i started my leave .. went out awhile.. walked abit here and there...yesterday went to walk IMM.. so crowded .. tiring for the back.. legs oso tired and feet sweaty haha.. i climb up around 3 storeys a day only coz my house is walkup.. nowadays i lazy to go out coz getting abit heavy and not much clothes to wear.. have maternity work clothes only..

guess i gotta buck up in my walking! What kind of induction available? i heard got those that they put you on drip or use needle to burst waterbag which can hurt... ouch.. i wish my baby come naturally!

What i know is different kind of method is used depending on your condition.. They will insert a tablet or something i forgot, to soften your cervix if your cervix not ready yet.. if your cervix all okay, they will just put u on drip and burst the waterbag..

snowkie

Guess have to walk more!
My gyne said will put in tablet to allow cervix to dilate. But also can't put too much cos there's risk involved. Thereafter will burst waterbag and also put in drip...
all these sounds painful...
hope can skip the induce labour!! Baby come quick!

Rodorsany

if induced n use epi wont be painful right? i thought even if induced can just use epi..[/QUOTE]

My #1 was induced.. Only pain is contraction.. Use epi is ok. I worked till I del for my #1 so alot of walking...

My #2 i took annual leave and took 1week b4 edd... Haha today then i officially on ml... Coz bb pops out 13 days in adv :D

Lingz12

Gynae said induce will be more painful.. I dun have prior experience of non-induced labour so can't comment.. Haha..

Mine was induced labour by inserting pill to dilate.. onli dilate 1.5cm in 6hrs.. But after waterbag burst by gynae, the action started.. Dilate 7cm in 3hrs but I had epi in between la.. Gynae said epi could have sped things up for me cos I'm more relax so dilate faster?

Actualli I disagree take epi will have no pain.. Mine still did.. The epi onli numbed off the contraction pain in front.. But wen bb head descending, the pain down there was nightmarish.. Epi jus dun work.. The nurses were puzzled too but they said it's good too cos I need to feel e pain to noe wen to push.. I'm jus grateful the pushing stage didn't take v long for me.. :D

Jia you mummies in waiting! Hope ur little ones dun keep u all waiting for long!

Angpq

Hi all,

What is the colour for new born baby's poo? My baby is 11 days old, her poo is abit of greenish yellow. Is that normal?

Rodorsany

Lingz12:694073 said:
Gynae said induce will be more painful.. I dun have prior experience of non-induced labour so can't comment.. Haha..

Mine was induced labour by inserting pill to dilate.. onli dilate 1.5cm in 6hrs.. But after waterbag burst by gynae, the action started.. Dilate 7cm in 3hrs but I had epi in between la.. Gynae said epi could have sped things up for me cos I'm more relax so dilate faster?

Actualli I disagree take epi will have no pain.. Mine still did.. The epi onli numbed off the contraction pain in front.. But wen bb head descending, the pain down there was nightmarish.. Epi jus dun work.. The nurses were puzzled too but they said it's good too cos I need to feel e pain to noe wen to push.. I'm jus grateful the pushing stage didn't take v long for me.. :D

Jia you mummies in waiting! Hope ur little ones dun keep u all waiting for long!
My case # i dilate abt 4cm leh... Dr induce by drip then burst water bag... Contractions come in abt 1 hr later... Epi when bth.. Same nearer to pushing e epi wear off.... Push bout 30~40mins

#2 is dr burst water bag.. 10mins contraction came put epi still feel comtraction but no pain. .. First one is totally no feel contraction..

Irah

Got back from checkup.. Doc checked for any signs of dilation... Haiz..no dilation yet. Baby's head is coming down but not fully down yet.. Will see gynae next week again and see how..was advised to walk more and do stairs climbing or squatting... I hope for a natural delivery without the need to induce.. Haiz..the pelvic pain is getting very uncomfortable that I can't wait for labour to jusT happen..