EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

felicity

Yup I've been thru the prolonged intermittent latching.. During confinement I was at my parents place so hubby not around.. Now bb cot in our room.. No nursery room as I stay with in laws n the only spare room is kinda like a store room now cluttered with our things esp bb things n bb cabinet also inside cos our room after squeezing in the cot really can't put much else things..

Bb cot at hubby side as no space on my side of bed, so when bb cries hubby will pat her if she doesn't go back to slp, he will pass bb to me n go back to slp... While I latch bb.. When bb wails hubby will grumble at bb lol

Uttmama

I am also having lotsa qualms about having #2, right now it seems a very scary thought. I have been sleeping on a sofa bed in my bb nursery since we got back and night time is horrible as he latches for an extended period of time. Yesterday I was bfing from 2-5am with intervals in between that ranged from 15-30mins (at times he seemed to fall asleep nursing and I would move him to his cot, but he end up crying for milk again). I wonder if this would ever get better??? I am not sure how long I can last if it goes on like this. At this juncture, it even seem impossible to get him out of the house as he spend every waking hour wanting to latch on, and the session usually last from 45mins to hours. Are you guys still sharing the same bed as your hubby?

Are bb on formula easier to handle?

Wow. That's hardcore. I'm breast feeding too but my baby isn't as naughty! The worst was a 1.5 hour gap but these days it's at least 2 hours ( from time of last finished bf to start of new session). On average it's about 3 plus hours.

I sleep in a diff room from husband as he has to work... No point disturbing him.
I hope my boy will one day be like yours. I wouldn't complain much if I get up for 2-3 night feeds that doesn't last beyond tolerable level. How old is your bb?

Uttmama

Yup I've been thru the prolonged intermittent latching.. During confinement I was at my parents place so hubby not around.. Now bb cot in our room.. No nursery room as I stay with in laws n the only spare room is kinda like a store room now cluttered with our things esp bb things n bb cabinet also inside cos our room after squeezing in the cot really can't put much else things..

Bb cot at hubby side as no space on my side of bed, so when bb cries hubby will pat her if she doesn't go back to slp, he will pass bb to me n go back to slp... While I latch bb.. When bb wails hubby will grumble at bb lol
My bb is 2 week old and I hope he will grow out of that soon (before mummy goes bonkers and give up on bfing). When did your bb start to be feed more consistently?

felicity

I think like most ppl told me.. After the first mth it gets slightly easier.. Really is experienced it then understand.. Initially i was skeptical abt it cos bb was way too cranky.. She still latches often, but at least at night fall back to slp easier and wont latch thru the night. Hope it gets easier and easier..

Memory

Wow the thread is moving super fast. Since deliver have yet to find time to post here.. Have been lack of slp ever since delivery.. Been trying to cope and latching on. Although tiring but its worth it. Find after delivery easily emotional..

meltie

hey mummies, i gave birth on 24th sept 2.37pm at gleneagles to my girl. She is 3.07kg, 50cm and 32cm head. She's really super cute!

Sorry i have been v bz, will try to share my birth story soon...

I'm currently still in gleneagles ward for my last night of stay.. just now paed came to inform us that my bb needs to be transferred to NICU for tests n observations.. just went to see her and cane back to express milk for her.. managed to pump afew drops.. maybe 2ml?

As to why she needs to be in NICU, doc says coz she has a high count for jaundice as a 1 day old.. 135.. and was rising.. afternn already

meltie

hey mummies, i gave birth on 24th sept 2.37pm at gleneagles to my girl. She is 3.07kg, 50cm and 32cm head. She's really super cute!

I'm currently still in gleneagles ward for my last night of stay.. just now paed came to inform us that my bb needs to be transferred to NICU for tests n observations.. just went to see her and cane back to express milk for her.. managed to pump afew drops.. maybe 2ml?

As to why she needs to be in NICU, doc says coz she has a high count for jaundice as a 1 day old.. 135.. and was rising.. afternn already started photo therapy to curb the jaundice... Doc told us earlier that he got 2 hypothesis :
1) Baby blood gro mismatch mine.. mine is O, hers is B+, following her daddy.. so higher chance for early jaundice.. but its abit early, so quickly start light therapy.
2) Baby may have sepsis (bacterial infection). May be due to the group B strep that was on me.. but the chances were low.. and i took oral antibiotics and was on drip during delivery. However, he did a blood test on bb yesterday and found that she has high white blood cells count which may signify an infection. It may be due to jaundice or infection. Also, baby has paler skin color , not pinkish.. he suspect there may be infection. So not to take chances, he decided to put her thru a series of tests , chest xray, start on antibiotics and stuff.. all these take time to come back and most likely need ovservation plus light therapy for next 2 days .

Sigh, so i just went to visit bb.. she was strapped up under the light, w her left hand on drip. The tube stuck in her hand was bigger than her fingers.. :( She was suspended flat on the bed.. and was crying and struggling... my heart totally shattered.. the nicu nurse asked for consent to feed formula as baby will be hungry.. and as she really wants to suckle, we gave consent to pacifier too.. that is to calm her down.. :( she also has borderline blood sugar level.. so need to be on drip for fluids and stuff... and she is wearing this goggles to protect her eyes from the light.. she wi be suspended for next 2 days.. i was crying badly when i saw her helpless on the table... :( i dunno if i shld post the photo on FB grp.. pls help me pray for her... they only allow visits from 8am to 8pm.. and i can't cuddle to feed her.. coz she got so many things n wires around her... :( i can only hold her hand .... she grabbed n refused to let go just now... i'm so heartbroken.. really hope its just simple jaundice..

sigh gotta slp n wake up to try express more milk for her.. coz after discharge tml, can only go back visir her later..

felicity

Meltie I teared when I read your description... Really heartbreaking to see bb in such condition... Pray for her to leave nicu soon. Congrats on your bb girl and wishing that she will be well n can go home w u soon!

Last night 3am hubby fed ebm while I pumped.. Haven't pumped for two days so wanna see how much I can pump n also to clear the few packets that have been sitting in the freezer. Fifteen minutes he fed n I pumped. I tot it would be easy.. Who knows bb didnt want to slp after that.. End up my hubby went back to slp first cos he has to work.. I changed her diaper, carried her, walked around, sang to her.. She refused to slp and made a lot of noise.. In the end still hv to latch her to slp >< and only until 4:50am she went to slp lying next to me as I was too tired latching sitting down after a while n latched her lying down.. n I finally slp w her next to me.. N she wails again at 6:25am so here I am sitting on bed latching her.. Zzz

Lingz12

Meltie.. I saw the photo in FB.. I truly feel for u.. Poor baby! So small and yet so many wires on her.. Dun worry! I'm sure baby will be fine! Must have faith in her! She is a little fighter! Mummy must fight with her! So must stay strong for her k? In the meantime, try to express more milk for her.. Breastmilk can do wonders! And it is the best u can give her too! Jia you! :D

Kary2500

Meltie I just read what u wrote about ur baby.. My heart goes out to u, really really sad to see ur baby in that situation. Praying she recovers completely and dere r no complications.. U be strong momma, ur baby needs u to be strong for her.. Hugss to u..

Rodorsany

Meltie, God will definitely be with her and heal her. I teared n felt for u.. Be strong, bb needs ur support too. I pray that your flow will kick in and bb be clear from all e tests! Meanwhile we'll cont to pray for u n bb!!!

reiann

meltie:

I'm so, so sorry to hear about your baby. my heart broke for you and your baby too. oh, I am tearing up as I read it. I'm really sorry. it must be truly heart wrenching.
I hope your baby gets well very very soon. do know that the paeds are doing their best to help out!

reiann

My baby is 2 week old and I hope he will grow out of that soon (before mummy goes bonkers and give up on bfing). When did your baby start to be feed more consistently?
sigh. my big mouth. just when I wrote that and last night my baby didn't seem satisfied after the 10pm feeding and kept fussing and I fed her again at 12, and again at 2am, all the way with no sleep in between cos she's very awake and active. finally went to bed at 3am with sore nipples.. but she slept through till 8am - that was glorious. then I fed her on one breast (both were so engorged!), and then she didn't want to latch on to the other. grrr! I think I may have a low supply at night, but high supply in the day. it's frustrating. I'm going to start expressing now.

my baby is now 11 days old..

reiann

Meltie I teared when I read your description... Really heartbreaking to see baby in such condition... Pray for her to leave nicu soon. Congrats on your baby girl and wishing that she will be well n can go home w you soon!

Last night 3am hubby fed ebm while I pumped.. have not't pumped for two days so wanna see how much I can pump n also to clear the few packets that have been sitting in the freezer. Fifteen minutes he fed n I pumped. I thought it would be easy.. Who knows baby didnt want to sleep after that.. End up my hubby went back to sleep first cos he has to work.. I changed her diaper, carried her, walked around, sang to her.. She refused to sleep and made a lot of noise.. In the end still have to latch her to sleep >< and only until 4:50am she went to sleep lying next to me as I was too tired latching sitting down after a while n latched her lying down.. n I finally sleep w her next to me.. N she wails again at 6:25am so here I am sitting on bed latching her.. Zzz
felicity: I hear you!! the two hour breaks are the worst at night. take care and hope you get to nap in the day!

Uttmama

As to why she needs to be in NICU, doc says coz she has a high count for jaundice as a 1 day old.. 135.. and was rising.. afternn already started photo therapy to curb the jaundice... Doc told us earlier that he got 2 hypothesis :
1) Baby blood gro mismatch mine.. mine is O, hers is B+, following her daddy.. so higher chance for early jaundice.. but its abit early, so quickly start light therapy.
2) Baby may have sepsis (bacterial infection). May be due to the group B strep that was on me.. but the chances were low.. and i took oral antibiotics and was on drip during delivery. However, he did a blood test on bb yesterday and found that she has high white blood cells count which may signify an infection. It may be due to jaundice or infection. Also, baby has paler skin color , not pinkish.. he suspect there may be infection. So not to take chances, he decided to put her thru a series of tests , chest xray, start on antibiotics and stuff.. all these take time to come back and most likely need ovservation plus light therapy for next 2 days .

Sigh, so i just went to visit bb.. she was strapped up under the light, w her left hand on drip. The tube stuck in her hand was bigger than her fingers.. :( She was suspended flat on the bed.. and was crying and struggling... my heart totally shattered.. the nicu nurse asked for consent to feed formula as baby will be hungry.. and as she really wants to suckle, we gave consent to pacifier too.. that is to calm her down.. :( she also has borderline blood sugar level.. so need to be on drip for fluids and stuff... and she is wearing this goggles to protect her eyes from the light.. she wi be suspended for next 2 days.. i was crying badly when i saw her helpless on the table... :( i dunno if i shld post the photo on FB grp.. pls help me pray for her... they only allow visits from 8am to 8pm.. and i can't cuddle to feed her.. coz she got so many things n wires around her... :( i can only hold her hand .... she grabbed n refused to let go just now... i'm so heartbroken.. really hope its just simple jaundice..

sigh gotta slp n wake up to try express more milk for her.. coz after discharge tml, can only go back visir her later..
Meltie: I am sure the medical team will take good care of her and very soon she will be with you back at home

yeoymp

hello mummies,

do u all wake ur bb up for midnite feeding? or just let e bb wake u up instead?

i always got engorgement at nite till couldn't sleep, instead of bb wake me up, sometim3s i got to wake him up to suckle.

any mummy do exclusive pumping? how do u manage e time and night feeding.

thinking of do pumping at day, latching at night so that can know how much bb drank.

Lingz12

yeoymp:697687 said:
hello mummies,

do u all wake ur bb up for midnite feeding? or just let e bb wake u up instead?

i always got engorgement at nite till couldn't sleep, instead of bb wake me up, sometim3s i got to wake him up to suckle.

any mummy do exclusive pumping? how do u manage e time and night feeding.

thinking of do pumping at day, latching at night so that can know how much bb drank.
Hmm.. I'm now pumping more than I latch cos I got a CL.. my mum told me to rest more so let CL feed.. if I'm nt wrong, day time should be more of feeding on demand, but if bb dun wake after 4hrs for milk, then we need to wake bb up to drink.. But at night, if bb dun wake up crying for milk, then dun wake bb up too.. tat is wat I rem from prenatal class (if I rem correctly), night time is to let bb wake u up and not the other way round..

Now I pump once in e morning once I woke up.. then alternate between pumping and latching bb during the day.. wen I pump, then CL feed bb with ebm.. then before I go to sleep, I will pump for CL to feed bb at night.. I wanted to wake up at night to pump too, but realli too lazy.. so morning always wake up with engorged breasts..