EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

meltie

Hey rodorsany, my bb also! Hmm was latching uer whole of this morning feeds.. she wakes up crying hungry, i fed her on 1 breast like ard 10mins, she falls into deep slp.. and i can't get her to burp .. and she just doesn't stir like in the day, to switch breast... i oso dowan to wake her up coz i suoervtored, just wanna put her down to slp.. but this happened through the night.. hence she seems like she's not fed fully and keep waking up every 1hr-2hrly.... zzz I am wondering 10 -15mins feed on 1 breast , is it enough? Or how can i make her interested to take on the other breast and feed till full?

I also have that 'dry-up' feeling esp i pumped at 4.30am, bb woke up to feed 1hr aft that.. and she suckled ard 15mins and fell aslp, most of the time did not hear her swallow one.. like sucking nothing and i feel v dry.... :/

reiann

Justamom: WHAT????? Your CL asked you to FM for.those stupid reasons????? Wtf. Sorry. I'm very angry with her. No good CL would tell you to do that. She is telling you To feed fm just so she can sleep longer at night!! That's horrific. Please please please don't feed fm. You should really try 100% bm. You can! Good grief! And there was a thud when she places our baby down?!?!? I'd fire her on the spot!! Seriously. Please take care and stand firm. And it's UTTER rubbish that feeding baby 100% bm will give diarrhea. What sort of crap is that? So all through human history, women bf their babies and they get diarrhea? And where does those CL think women in the past and women living in poverty with no access to fm feed their babies!??

Sigh. I get so angry when I hear people with supposed more knowledge bully new mums and lie to them or ttell such rubbish, unfounded facts. Hang in there with bf!

purpur

rodosany / meltie ,
initially I hav tis prob too , after feed wif fm still keep crying .. then latch not more than 2 mins.. bb sleep le .. hence he jus wan comfort suck .. no choice I intro pacifier to him ..cos was thinking Hw if I head to wrk or outside shopping mall .. if he gt tis habit .. more difficult to train him again ..n care giver will hav prob coaxing him to slp .. as already so used to suckle nipple before slp .. Haiz nw still training him to get use of pacifier .. not easy wor .. Haiz .. jus feel tt latching having more probs ..nipple confusion n they actually reject bottle feed .. even nw I try change new bottle teats .. my bb refused keep crying .. no choice change back to old ones .. headache sometimes .. !!

reiann

Meltie: good for you and husband for telling he CL off. She sounds really bad.

Dont be too down abt the milk thing. Actually what you are doing will super ramp up milk production! Pump then latch then pump latch..

reiann

Oh and I went to buy latex pacifier yesterday. It was worth it just to see my
baby's reaction when I stuffed it in her mouth. Haha she spat it out with a disgusted llook on her face. She took to it later but never suckling for very long. I'll only use it when in the day, I want her to nap and she's not sleeping, I'll give it to her.. Haven't used it since..

Rodorsany

Purpur bb took pacifier... Coz i intro long ago.. But when needed will give her But not from me... Think she very smart.. No nipple confusion.... Coz my hb or dd or mil give her pacifier she took... I give... She wail... Give her my boobs shut up!!! Lol

justamom

Reiann: yup after checking w some other mummies they also mentioned that Nt mixing bm n fm will Nt give diarrhoea.. that's nonsense..! think she wants to zzz longer...just waiting for 11more days before she leaves! Ya I was like shocked when she places his head down to the mat..he cried after that thud! OMG !! Was thinking of asking her leave earlier but hubby says another 11more days to endure!!

Rodorsany

Reiann.. I agree shd not give fm for conveniece sake!

Btw Had a talk with mil ytd.. She support me in partial firstly coz im not a full time sahm... 2nd my milk not alot... 3rdly i get to rest... She says bm is good.. But issue is if due to less milk stress no point.. Just give whatever I hv... She mention if got surplus to store she'll clean up e freezer to store.. So now just give whatever i hv.. Dun fret coz stressing over it wont increase flow..

Oh yah she mention abt bb wants me carry put to sleep or comfort suck all these are e bond build fm bf... Bb will want no one other than mommy.. Bond build will nv b broken... So mommies jiayou e bonding very impt.. Treasure every little moment.. Think of it... Tired worth it.. Coz money cannot buy!! Of coz those who btl feed bonding can also b build up!!

Rodorsany

Justamom... Do not give in... Imagine if u din hear or notice hw will e cl treat ur bb....

If can change i would say... For me I will not let anyone hurt my child... Unless over my dead body...

Rodorsany

Oh yah.. Other than singing n reading.. Can recite poems... Thats what I'll do occasionally :)

Mayb #2 le.. I learnt alot of songs n stories and poems... Mandarin english cantonese.. Hahaha there's something I'll do too.. Signing.. My #1 now learning proper ones from me and #2 song signing :D

Lingz12

Sighz.. Ever since I start taking care of bb full time without CL, haven been pumping very regularly.. Sometimes wen I latch bb I tink she din empty my breast fully and I din pump.. This morning realised got blocked milk ducts.. Got sme very painful lumps on right breast.. Now keep massaging despite the pain but the lumps are still there! Let bb latch on right breast oso but doesn't seem to help.. Sobz..

reiann

lingz: try warm compress, frequent, gentle massages, and keep having baby latch on to that breast. I hope it helps.

I woke up this morning when baby was grunting to a very wet patch on my duvet, and both my breasts painfully engorged, and rock hard :( very unpleasant. I had to quickly go and pump a bit to relieve the pressure.

and Lingz, how did you manage to keep your cool when your baby pooped three times while changing diapers? omg! the worse that has happened is she pooped just once while changing diapers (e.g. this morning, all over the floor). I just cleaned it up..b ut if she did it again... omg. I'd be like.. grar!

Rod: yup I'm not against FM. I think it has its benefits. but if a mother CAN produce enough milk, then a CL - of all people! - should encourage the mum to BF, and not FM! it's like, why fix it if it ain't broken?! if the mum is yes, very stressed about it, etc and truly not producing enough milk, then fine. but...

also, I think it's helpful to be reminded that sometimes babies cry and fuss not always because of hunger and wanting to feed. I used to make that mistake. first thing is always offer my breast. but sometimes when I do that I ended up overfeeding her and she vomits a whole lot of milk (some curdled!). poor baby. and I find that crying for my baby usually has to do with reflux, or gas. so I just try to hold her upright, etc. a little bit of feeding does help the gas and poop pass on.. but for reflux, more milk won't help.

justamom

Rodorsany: left 11 days hw to change? She's OK but only afraid that in the night we can't c..then bb might suffer cos zzz different rm..imagine I'm Nt there..she will feel nthg.. hope it's only a one time Accident only...

Lingz12

Reiann, ya, I jus put warm towel on the breast.. Then soak it inside warm water too.. Haha.. Then used baby oil to massage just like how the Malay massage auntie did.. Feels slightly better but the lumps are still there and still painful.. Sighz..

As for the poo-ing while changing diapers.. Bo bian.. Even if I get frustrated with bb she oso wun understd.. To her, her job is to eat, sleep, poo and pee.. She din do anything wrong.. Haha.. Anyway, have to quickly clear e poo up to avoid another explosive mess like the other day.. Now wenever she pass gas while changing diapers, im super scared.. Afraid that it will be explosive poo.. :(

Rodorsany

Lingz guess what my hb did... He bring newspapers..... Lol.. Put underneath bb butt... Let her bomb.... So kana all throw... Anyway our habit sure to wash bb buttocks...

tealeaf

wow, it's been a long time since I post here. Been busy with baby to establish a routine. It took me few days to read through all msges because I could only do that when my baby is sleeping and I have finished my chores. I could only do it from my pc because my hp always hangs. lol :)

mummies, jia you on breastfeeding. I think the important part is to bond with babies. If the supply drops, don't be stressed and drink lots of fluid. if really can't meet the demand, there's nothing wrong with fm.

I am quite lucky I guess because my husband is helping with taking care of baby even though sometimes he's busy and I have to take care myself. Normally, he will bath the baby with me helping him. Then he will help with diaper changing. At first he said that I needed to know to do those things and I replied him if I really needed to do them, I could do it, I just want him to bond with baby. lol :) and I have proven to him several times that I could change the diaper and today I could bath the baby alone. Fortunately, baby was already fed a bit so she did not fuss when I bath her. After bathing, I feed her again and she fell asleep after 10 minutes suckling but she woke up again soon. I just carried her until she fell into deep sleep and put her down.

My baby suckles for 30 minutes the most. Each time is at one breast. After that she's full (I assume so :))
If she sleeps after feeding, she could sleep 2-3 hours. sometimes 4 hours at night.

Day time she is now a bit cranky. Does not want to be put on the mattress when she sleeps.
night time we try to train her to sleep without being carried. so far there had been few successes but last night she had to be carried. bo bian, my husband carried her until she slept and put her on stomach. managed to sleep for 3 hours before I woke up around 2.30 am to feed her. then she slept until 6 am.

I did not really engage CL, but my parents insisted on one. So they hires an auntie to cook for me. She was supposed to help with the baby, cooking, wash clothes, clean house but in the end, mainly cook. wash baby clothes only once every 2 days. same with mopping. she only mops without sweeping first. cook also only 1 dish and 1 soup. at night I had to heat up the food myself because she went back at around 11 am to 1.30 pm daily. I did not really like the food anyway but I had to eat to supply myself with something. I have finished my confinement and am soooo relieved to be free of her. She's a bit greedy. I did not eat prawns but she purposely bought prawns and cooked. after that she claimed the expenses with my mum. She said she bought prawns because she liked eating it! gosh!
She also could not take care of the baby. once my husband walked to the living room and she offered to carry my baby (so that my mum would know that she could take care of the baby) but she sit in front of fan! I quickly took my baby and told my hubby next time he should not give our baby to her. Then there was once I was hungry after feeding my baby and I had no choice but to ask her to carry for a while. After less than 10 minutes, seeing that baby could not sleep, she mentioned that perhaps the baby was hungry. I was like.... please, I just fed her and I knew that she would not be hungry that fast. After feeding, my baby could last 2-3 hours. 1 hour if she only latches for less than 10 minutes. Normally, I seldom feed her if it's less than 1.5 hour unless she was really in cranky mood and wanted comfort suckling.

when my mil carried my baby, she could fall asleep quite quickly even though sometimes she was hungry. lol

I think we mummies can handle the babies with perseverance. Sometimes I get frustrated because my baby refuses to sleep and I could not do my chores. But seeing her smile and contented face melts my heart. Like lingz said, at this stage baby only knows how to pee, poo, eat, sleep, and play a bit.

I only pumps 5-6 times overall and after that I am so lazy and I just let my baby suckles to clear the lumps. lol. I am afraid if I pump it will increase my supply and enlarge my boobs further. As long as the supply is enough for my girl, I am fine.
Drink lots of fluids helps with the milk supply.

felicity

Tealeaf :) great that ur confinement is over n ur bb has a good schedule. I also can't be bothered to pump now.. So latching her all the time. Indeed seeing her smiley contented face makes me melt... I always try to capture on cam n shared some in fb ^^

reiann I agree totally!! Ancient time where got fm, where got "flat nipples cannot latch", use nipple shield etc... In those age perhaps indeed "ignorance is bliss".. No one there to tell u that u hv short nipples, u cannot latch properly, ur supply is low, ur milk is not good enough etc... There was no pump n no bottle, so everyone just latch!

My bb luckily so far also no consecutive explosive poo out of her diapers... But today.. Cos I'm super tired (still am!!) so I let bb wear diapers instead of cloth nappy in the morning... But she kept pooing... The fourth time onwards I changed back to cloth nappy... Waste my diapers!! I was hoping w diapers she could slp longer like at night.. Sigh. Cos she pee frequently n can't really slp much in the day... :/

erlina040

Hi Lingz, me too. Have some extremely painful lumps on my breasts, even after expressing out the milk. Still there and painful. However, after a number of expressing, somehow, it's less painful and ultimately gone. But, everyday the lump seems to be at different place. Think latching is the best cure but my baby forgot how to latch. Always give me the want to vomit face, so, just express it and give it to her.

Ya, if the supply is there, think fm should not be given. Like what Reiann said, last time ppl also have only breast to offer. But, of coz, supplement with fm is perfectly fine, due to any other reason beside being asked by CL. It's her duty to look after the child and they are paid quite a fair bit. For my case, as my mil is not helping me and have no CL, night time, then, I give fm. But, the whole day, will still give her BM. Lately, I realized she has been wanting to drink milk every hour to one and half hour in the day, after every 70 to 80 ml of BM in the day. Is that growth spurt, as she is going to week 4?

ahwang

Mummies who let bb use pacifier and also bottle feed. What pacifier do u use? Will bb get confused with pacifier and the bottle teats? Really have to give in to pacifier to try to stop bb crying...

Rodorsany

Ahwang i did... I use pigeon pacifier coz im not keen in avent twin pcs.. Avent btls... Im doing partial bf.. Full latch only middle of e night.... Day time mixed i pump too... My girl very smart nowadays... Know its me refued pacifier... Want my boobs.... Others give pacifier she ok... No confusion at all