EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

meltie

Hi tealeaf, wow great that ur bb can suckle for 30mins and last 3hrs.. my bb only sometimes can do that if she super tored after a cranky long day.. if not, she can suckle 10-15 mins, doze off, dun want to drink then 1 hr later cry again... normally the total feeding time is around 30mins to 1hr or more... and she can last around 2 or 2.5hrs...
Your part time CL frm agency? how come so greedy one.. sigh if u read about my CL.. also as bad , if not worse.. somemore i gotta put up with her staying with me.. she is more free than me... i busy latching whole day .. in the day like just now since 8am is hourly! i got the most 15mins break and she doesn't sleep, put down less than 5 mins cry.. wants to be carried...

I really really cannot tahan my CL! Told my hubby to come back and ask her to leave tml!!! This morning i already super exhausted after a night of latching.. den bb super cranky hourly wanna feed and cry non stop.. CL just let me soothe the baby.. coz she oso carries the bb in front of fan coz she is hot... and puts bb down when bb is not aslp.. end up bb cry in afew moments.. den she walks away.. i bo bian went to coax.. end up nv eat breakfast, nv rest in btwn the hourly feeds.. i was about to faint liao.. den fed until 11plus i asked my CL if she has cooked coz i heard some noises of bowl and chopsticks outside.. she was eating lunch loh!! Normally they eat after us one right... now she v bold liao.. cook n eat before asking me to eat..

well my hubby just got pissed with the CL.. bb cry till shrug shoulders , CL still in kitchen.. my hubby went to say her an carry baby to coax.. CL went back kitchen to chop chicken and on tap loud loud.. close cupboard doors loud loud... my hibby really cannot tahan liao...

Anyway, my mil say she will come over with a chicken to cook lunch for me tml.. my hubby's aunt has also agreed to come over to help us cook in the afternn.. i guess finally my CL can be fired!!!!!

meltie

hey erlina, my bb oso going week 4.. drinking every hr.. just had massage, so made 70ml ebm for bb at 3.30pm, she hungry again at 4.45pm.. either growth spurt or i underfeeding? ohter feeds i latch, so dunno how much she drink.. but i have been feeling v dry after every feed... i pumped out 110ml this morning on both breasts.. bb may r drinking around that amount.... ? What's the normal feed for bb every week?

tealeaf

felicity, pei fu ni, you can latching for quite so long. I latch for 30 minutes I feel tired already. Normal latching time is 20 minutes. after that, if she gives me drunken face, then it's easy. burp her and put her to sleep and I can be free for at least 90 minutes.

meltie, your CL is the worst. I don't think I can her. Even with the auntie that my parents hired I also could not stand. and she's not staying with me. There was one occasion, the floor was quite dirty and she told me that she would sweep the floor. half way thru, she said it's time to have lunch and quickly stopped her work and ate. I even had not started my lunch yet. After lunch, she did not resume sweeping but just chatting. haiyoooh.
meltie, she's not part time CL, just a relative that my parents hired. I told them I dont need her, but I was scolded instead. In the end, I think that she's not much of help anyway. I think my mum started to see my point of view (hopefully.... my mum did not want to be the one who is at the wrong side, so she always insists that the auntie did help me during my confinement. cehh)

I was told that the normal feed per day is 20 x baby's weight.

justamom

So sad...today don't know y..supply so low...so dry..already used up all my ebm that I've pumped..bb still feels hungry.. think later have to supplement w fm... :( do mummies encounter this as well ?

Piglim

Shag... I think I m e only mum who has kinda started working...
sigh... Went to office half day. Pump at wk. Office short handed... Now I will start work next wk.. On monday. By right 1st nov. sigh.. Alrdy took only 2mth ML. Now end up one n half mths ML only. Gonna miss my son real bad.

Think next time by e time I come hm only see baby sleeping cos 8+pm alrdy... sigh...

Sigh if I super rich I really will wanna quit my job n spend time bond with baby... I think our generation all believe bonding is very important unlike our parents generation.
I m still looking for a stroller hopefully can buy soon then bring baby out..

justamom

Lizzy..u also face same situation as me? Sigh..also Nt sure y suddenly dropped today.. already took fenegreek but still same.. my poor boy...

erlina040

Piglim, who is looking after your son when u go back to work?

My supply also quite stagnant and sometimes go really low. Heard from other mother that tired and not enough fluid can cause supply to be low. But how to not to be tired when no one is helping out. How to increase fluid when don't even have time to eat or drink. Can't wait for one month to be over, will bring baby home, hopefully get more help.

justamom

Erlina....hw long r u into Yr confinement or? Ya agree..no time at all..also I'm having more n more misunderstandings w my Cl...Juz realized that her temper also Nt that Gd..Juz nw dinner time Juz right my colleague called so I asked her Eat first..she didn't wana start dinner n pek chek went to shower first.. usually she will shower after cleaning up the dishes..but today she go shower first..I Juz hope she handles my bb gently..

meltie

hey justamom, i seriously think ur bb is not in gd hands.. i rather don't risk it... i've asked my CL to leave tomorrow.. a relief... but oso it means i gotta take it up myself liao... my back is aching , body all aching... haven't even rested for more than 10mibs since last night...bb has been up hourly.. and just now i quickly ate dinner in btwn n latched at 7pm again.. bb v restless, latched left 3 mins doze n cry, right 7 mins doze cry, left 10mins, right 15mins... dozed off and woke up crying for more.. tried to carry her walk ard and put her down.. she wailed... gosh i really dunno what she wants...,she's still up now.. fed for 1.5hrs liao.. skalli she hungry again at 9pm.. now i can only lie down awhile in this 20mins... so tired... can't close eyes... sometimes wonder why i try so hard to latch m feed , feel like giving up... no time to eat, slp, pee, poo.. gonna suffer from constipation liao... keep holding back....

justamom

Meltie.. I understand hw u feeling.. Juz hang on there.. I'm also enduring for nw n monitoring cl's actions..left 10days..n I will try to check on my bb in the night in case she treats him roughly..
Hang on there..my bb also has moods..latch don't wana will burst out crying..latch n zzz when placing him down cry again..feed him bottle put him down OK but within 10-20mins grunt again..diapers change..Oh dear..I wana zzz for a while also cannot...but I guess that when they grow up more..things will get easier...

erlina040

Justamom, will be done with my confinement next wed, though baby shower is on this coming sat. Mil just kept wanting to do a grand baby shower where I'm not interested at all coz I'm alr dead beat, with taking care of child. Since I'm alr taking care of baby solely by myself, having to bath her and touch so much water, and eat normal food. Why still bother to follow confinement rules on not allowing me to go out of house or wash my hair. Think my health is alr deteriorating with constant headache and gastric pain. Just wonder whether confinement is just based on that 2 rules?

Anyway, meltie, I think is a good thing that you fired ur CL. Too much attitude and no point tolerating if she's not much of help. Don't worry, I'm sure you can take care of baby on ur own, as long as you are mentally prepared for it. I have done it and many other mummies have also done it. So, I think it's a natural instinct that mothers will be able to handle your own child. Earlier, I mentioned that my girl is drinking like every hour. Just now, at 6pm, I decided to give her fm, coz my ebm also running low. Surprisingly, that kept her till now, which is 3 hours and she has not yet ask for milk. So, think most be the breastmilk getting more and more diluted. Is it possible?

Rodorsany

Lizzy same here... I took supplements had oats.. But i realised ended i dun really bother e amt will go back to slightly better... Now every pump is not enough for 1 feed....

But im still trying... Latching fully at night! Stopped hb from making fm or heating ebm.. Left 2 feeds of ebm nia... Jiayou!

justamom

Erlina..confinement is until bb shower or full 28 or 30days? My bb shower is nx sat..sun my Cl is leaving..
U didnt employ any Cl to help u? Hw cm shower bb on Yr own? Ya the thing abt Nt able to wash hands or touch water at night is alittle ridiculous lei.. go toilet poo then need to touch bb..can don't wash hands ma? Can't wait for confinement to b over...

justamom

Lizzy /Rodorsany: hang in there..we will support each other n do the best for our babies..at least they get to have some of our bm..fm is also OK de..we also grew up drinking fm..don't we?

tealeaf

erlina, i feel you. my girl is cranky in a day and I have to carry her the whole afternoon. I have backache in the evening. I think my backache will be with me for quite a long time because when I breastfeed I also feel it. no choice because I decide to do full bm for 6 months if I can help it.

Mummies, either you decide to give bm or fm, as long as the baby is wellfed and happy, it does not matter bm or fm

Jia you all!

erlina040

Justamom, didn't get confinement lady coz mil say will help and didn't want another person ard. But in the end, I'm the one doing everything coz she either go market for the whole morning or went out for the whole afternoon. She only occasionally help out and if child too cranky, also pass back to me. Ya, touching water is inevitable. Think next month when I can go out myself, I'll brew myself herbal soup to drink and hopefully can nourish back my health. I take the confinement period as one month after her birth. Haha..

Tealeaf, ya, I can feel body aching here and there too. Think this is the sacrifice for our cute baby.. Jiayou mummies!!!!