EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

NeSSa

my left wrist is injured since the birth of my son...i went to 2 chinese doc they said is mummy's injury...coz of the constant carrying of our children...no choice...

i still experience pain on my wrist but now trying not to use it..when my hubby is back he handle our son..carrying to burp him...as now we now feeding him on the bed so no need to carry unless to burp...

Pinky32

yea, the wrist pain is mummy's injury (DeQuervain’s tendinitis) . Checking if any mummies have home remedy to relief the pain. :)
I went to chinese physician today and is given medicine for the tendon's inflammation. Hope it will helps.....

DeQuervain’s tendinitis is a painful problem which results from irritation of tendons on the side of the wrist which move the thumb sideways away from the palm. It can result in wrist and forearm pain on the side of the thumb, particularly with certain positions and movements of the wrist.

NeSSa

no relief for me...i went to 1st chinese doc for 2 times...the 1st time relieve it a bit she told me come bk 2 days later which i did but when she did the 2nd time she bruise it..became worse with blue black...

so i went to my side chinese doc...he made it much better not as painful...but still hurts when i overuse it...

felicity

i spend weekends at in law place also... my hubby is so lazy! i am so fed up! mil also don't help much.. sigh.
Sigh... Tell me abt it... Can we enrol our lazy hubbies into some hubby-training classes?! My hubby is totally unhelpful! It's like we r two living under the same roof yet I live like a single mum n he lives like a single man! Mil is v helpful n nice but she's also v outgoing so goes out a lot... Can't stop her of course. She still does the laundry etc when she's back so I'm really grateful n appreciate her.

Hubby just sleeps n play diablo n watch anime when home. This morning he slept thru the entire morning when i bathed bb... All happening in the same room, changed bb on the same bed. I had to run around get the tub, bathing stuff like the body wash n ruyi oil n nappy cream etc... Clothes, towel, nappy, boil hot water, fill tub w water... He just slp. Then I wanna make myself a late but good breakfast since I'm not alone, n leave bb on bed w her daddy. She's usually good in the morning but she was just wailing away. Told hubby to sing her songs etc which is wat I usually do... Told him these r things he should learn to do... He's a father already. Then I fried an egg bb kept wailing.. Ran back to room. Great, hubby use "eye power", just lie there watching bb cry. I was on the verge of using vulgarities, in the end gobbled down my breakfast, no chance to enjoy, n quickly went back to attend to bb while hubby continued to sleep. Afternoon same. On the same bed I latch bb n coax bb he just nap. Bb cried he turn the other side cover ears. Last night in front of his mum still say wan keep bb clothes for second one cos mil was saying give ppl. If mil not around I sure shoot him back... Die also dun wan 2nd one if he's gonna be this unhelpful!!

Oh I did a search on the wrist pain thingy... Here's one article http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703350104575653223648778294.html

Reiann i hv some spotting on n off :/ I suspect is just "leftovers" lochia since not much to be period I guess...

Angeleye

"Hubby just sleeps n play diablo n watch anime when home."... felicity.. same here although he don't play diablo... He watch downloaded series, movies.. sleep.. only help to feed baby when i'm busy.. Morning ask him if wanna go for breakfast together, he ask what i want to eat, but end up... sigh.... still nothing... in d end i hv to eat instant noodles.

jaspzz

Sigh... Tell me abt it... Can we enrol our lazy hubbies into some hubby-training classes?! My hubby is totally unhelpful! It's like we r two living under the same roof yet I live like a single mum n he lives like a single man! Mil is v helpful n nice but she's also v outgoing so goes out a lot... Can't stop her of course. She still does the laundry etc when she's back so I'm really grateful n appreciate her.

Hubby just sleeps n play diablo n watch anime when home. This morning he slept thru the entire morning when i bathed bb... All happening in the same room, changed bb on the same bed. I had to run around get the tub, bathing stuff like the body wash n ruyi oil n nappy cream etc... Clothes, towel, nappy, boil hot water, fill tub w water... He just slp. Then I wanna make myself a late but good breakfast since I'm not alone, n leave bb on bed w her daddy. She's usually good in the morning but she was just wailing away. Told hubby to sing her songs etc which is wat I usually do... Told him these r things he should learn to do... He's a father already. Then I fried an egg bb kept wailing.. Ran back to room. Great, hubby use "eye power", just lie there watching bb cry. I was on the verge of using vulgarities, in the end gobbled down my breakfast, no chance to enjoy, n quickly went back to attend to bb while hubby continued to sleep. Afternoon same. On the same bed I latch bb n coax bb he just nap. Bb cried he turn the other side cover ears. Last night in front of his mum still say wan keep bb clothes for second one cos mil was saying give ppl. If mil not around I sure shoot him back... Die also dun wan 2nd one if he's gonna be this unhelpful!!

Oh I did a search on the wrist pain thingy... Here's one article The Baby May Be Giving You Mommy Thumb - WSJ.com

Reiann i hv some spotting on n off :/ I suspect is just "leftovers" lochia since not much to be period I guess...
Same same mine also liddat...so I tell him i will change baby surname to follow mine...since u only wana contribute the lil worm and not other things right...But well all he does is reply ya ya will change but now where he go? Living room watching movie...Seriously what is wrong with them?? :bmad::bmad::bmad::bmad:

felicity

"Hubby just sleeps n play diablo n watch anime when home."... felicity.. same here although he don't play diablo... He watch downloaded series, movies.. sleep.. only help to feed baby when i'm busy.. Morning ask him if wanna go for breakfast together, he ask what i want to eat, but end up... sigh.... still nothing... in d end i hv to eat instant noodles.
sigh... same lor... but my hubby doesn't even eat breakfast so i usually eat it alone. he just sleeps through the morning on weekends. weekdays he wakes up just in time to go to work, he says his stomach hasn't wake up cannot eat in the morning >< i'm a breakfast person.. trained to eat breakfast since young. at home every morning i eat breakfast with my parents n i miss it! when i wake up i dun eat i can't function! so i usually just eat breakfast myself... sigh. always see ppl make breakfast (爱心早餐) for spouse like so sweet, but i nv get to do it, and will nv get to receive it. but this one i no complain cos 认命了 (accepted fate?). haha... abt him being unhelpful father, that's something new n i'm still getting used to it... so pardon my rantings, i need to get it off... ><

felicity

Same same mine also liddat...so I tell him i will change baby surname to follow mine...since u only wana contribute the lil worm and not other things right...But well all he does is reply ya ya will change but now where he go? Living room watching movie...Seriously what is wrong with them?? :bmad::bmad::bmad::bmad:
seriously i dunno wat is wrong w them... i also feel, his only contribution is that... then make bb le dun wan to take care of bb, all become mummy's job. sigh. he still can say cos bb sticky to mummy not to him, bb prefer mummy so of course let mummy coax bb... but is cos he nv spend time w bb... so i playfully say to bb... u cannot sticky to mummy, wat if mummy take one weekend off n leave u alone w daddy? then hubby says bb doesn't want. i retorted is bb doesn't want or u don't want? duhz...

anyway i do feel bad n guilty for complaining abt my hubby so much >< but am also glad that i'm definitely not alone *hugs all* cos i keep thinking everyone else's hubby will help... then a bit imbalanced. haha... we shall all jiayou together! we are capable mummies!!

jaspzz

seriously i dunno wat is wrong w them... i also feel, his only contribution is that... then make bb le dun wan to take care of bb, all become mummy's job. sigh. he still can say cos bb sticky to mummy not to him, bb prefer mummy so of course let mummy coax bb... but is cos he nv spend time w bb... so i playfully say to bb... u cannot sticky to mummy, wat if mummy take one weekend off n leave u alone w daddy? then hubby says bb doesn't want. i retorted is bb doesn't want or u don't want? duhz...

anyway i do feel bad n guilty for complaining abt my hubby so much >< but am also glad that i'm definitely not alone *hugs all* cos i keep thinking everyone else's hubby will help... then a bit imbalanced. haha... we shall all jiayou together! we are capable mummies!!
I dun feel bad abt complaining my hubby and i do hope he see what i have post about him..Honestly whatever being said here was spoken to hub no doubt.. I want him to know how unhappy i was with him not helping out and want him to know it's not all mummy job though baby is sticky to me.. daddy can help in other way too..So my punishment to him is cannot co-sleep same bed with me and baby unless he do his part as a father...

I am super mean wife/mommy LOLz

Lingz12

I tink maybe some hubbies are just not so into looking after babies? I have a male colleague who is super on the ball.. Will wake up at night to feed bb etc.. But my hubby wun cos he says he gotta work the next day (which is true).. Ask him feed bb he oso feed until dunno is bb drinking or bb shirt drinking (cos all wet!).. Sometimes bb crying wen I'm pumping milk ask him entertain bb first, he will carry bb but bb continue wailing he will just put down and similarly use "eye power" like felicity hubby and watch bb wail while asking "u hungry ah?" Everytime bb cry he just ask me bb hungry issit? -_-" Then say bb dun like him to carry (which I dun understd y oso, papa carry bb keep crying, I carry a while bb will sleep and stop crying).. So taking care of bb becomes my job.. Ok la, at least he did try..

Lingz12

Oh ya.. My period haven come since the last of lochia 6 weeks post delivery.. Am exclusively pumping now (direct latching only once or twice a day).. I heard period wun come as long as breastfeeding right? Though there are some exceptions la.. I dun particularly look forward to period coming back so soon.. Messy messy! Haha..

Piglim

Hi all, my son is fine. Thank god. Had a tough few days monitoring hi fever m sponging him. Glad he I ok Le.
But one issue after another... Had a misunderstanding with my mil n she just packed up and left the hse. Super disappointed with her actions. So I had to take urgent leave for the next two weeks n now I need to source for an infantcare. Can't believe she will react in this childish manner.

Hubby says she is a simple woman.. N I thought so too. But... While I was chit chatting nicely with my mil I just casually asked her how she use the water to wash my baby clothings cos this mth PUB bill went up alot it didn't make sense to me cos during my confinement the bil was lesser n I had my air con turned on 24 hrs then-shouldn't e bill b higher on that mth? So becos of THIS qn she was soooooo unhappy she sobbed so loudly n complained to my hubby says she help take care of bb very xinku here, restricted with all sorta ways... Then she ping ping pong pong the drawers packed her stuffs n left the hse with 6 bagful of stuff. I was still like in shock.. I even asked her eats wrong, clarify the matter even if u wanna left... I didn't even scold her or blame her.. Just wanna know the source to the reason why e bill went up so high.. I mean if everything she did was e same then maybe it cld b leakage somewhere n need to repair mah... Shake head...
Totally unreasonable. Very very disappointed with her. And I tot I had been nice to hEr alrdyzz. Although I wanted her to leave I was hoping she do so after bB turns 1.5yrs.. Now totally lost my respect for her man.

Luckily hubby didn't blame me.. But now I hv to deal with caring e bB alone.

purpur

piglim, * hugz * luckily ur hubby is on ur side if not I think everyone will start pointing fingers at u .. anyway mil r hard to due wif at times some r jus unreasonable. jus wondering Hw u going to face her next time I think she sort of angry n kana hurt by ur qns.

purpur

Haiz, today had another quarrel wif my hubby partly bcos if mil. Ask him pat bb to slp dun bring him out to play wif mil while i go shower.. Cos whole afternoon of carrying n playing wif mil still not enough? ? came out after bathe saw bb outside wif mil again .. carrying n talking to bb sometimes keep feeding him water .. really get on my nerves .. I straight away ask him y u still nv pat bb to slp still bring him outside .. he fed up already lo say wat bb cry so let mil carry him etc etc .. say wat mil already patting him n wat else I want .. but e fact is I saw her carrying tossing here n there .. n our tone of voice raise up making us into our hot temper mode. . then he went out to carry bb back n throw bb to me say wat u can u make him slp la . really pain in e neck .. every weekends .. !!

Lingz12

Wa Piglim, ur mil v drama! Just one question and she jiu so angry? Looks like 借题发挥.. Or maybe she couldn't realli handle bb so v stress, a little qn will trigger her off? Just like wen I'm super stressed with bb and hubby come qn me, I will bite his head off! But then no matter how angry she oso cannot like tat ma.. Next time how to face each other? Tsk tsk.. But luckily ur hubby stood on ur side la.. So last min u still can find infant care? Heard a lot of places no vacancies le.. Jia you! :D

Purpur, *hugs* Hubbies! Seriously, I dunno whether their purpose in life is to make us angry and vomit blood.. They just wan to play with bb but caring for bb? No, to them, tat's a mummy's job.. -_-" Even play oso play a little while and it's up to mummy or anybody else to entertain the little one.. Sighz..

Piglim

Yes yes drama... How to face her? I will just do as normal. Not my fault also.. Not like I kick her outta e hse right? I merely ask her a qn. Her reaction so big. She want or dun want to acknowledge me as her daughter in law i also dun care le. So unappreciative.. I alrdy make things so easy for her.. No need to do housework no need to cook (order tingkat) hubby n my clothes I wash n hang... N she cld go her sunday church... All she needed to do was care for e baby n wash his clothes. Easy right? Hubby n I even bought her a 600+ foot massage package so she can enjoy... Last sun I somemore help her dye her hair n massage her head... This kinda mil....

Really I m just glad n thkful my hubby is rationale. (well in e first Plc I wasnt being unreasonable) I think if anyone of u will also raise e alarm if u see the stark difference in e PUB bill if all things seem the same.

Anw can I ask u all the vegetable detergent (to wash the baby bottles) u know the 2 bags of refill. How long can it last u? Cos my mil uses 1 bag in a wk. I got hubby to ask her how she use.. Just ask only not like we blame her... Also she not happy.. I mean com'mon the detergent not cheap also le.. 1 bag costs $10.. If one wk use one then 1 yr 400+???
Then another time I see her wash her bedsheet every wk I just casually ask "wah mother u change bedsheet every wk one ah?"

so when she left she blah out things like this... Wah lau so I m suppose to shut my mouth la. Ask qn can die?

Ya.. I also know alot of infantcare all no vacancy... Hv to see how lor... Initially we still planning # 2 when my son turn 1 yrs old next yr... Now dun even need to think Le.

Last edited: