EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

lizzy2101

http://www.babytown.com.sg/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=2242

im getting this high chair :) got good reviews. Lina im using fisher price rainforest jumperoo and ethan loves it, he can stay up to 10 mins now unsupervised lol! He's only 4 months so still a but short for the jumperoo height but i put yoga mat underneath for his feet to tap on the ground.

Wow this thread is never inactive! Haha! I'm looking for a high chair too me I've seen many really funky ones in the malls. The price also super funky. :/

My girl has been trying to sit up since many weeks back. Even when she's lying down on the bed on her back, she can even lift her head up and "attempt" to get up but fail. Even when she's drinking milk, she just pops upright herself and refuses to lie down. -.-

Only these few days she's been half rolling to her side. She can get quite restless in her sleep at night. Hubby will keep rolling towards her, which somehow makes her roll and squirm towards me, so eventually come morning time, I end up sleeping in one small corner at the bottom of the bed because both of them have taken up all the space. -.-

Finally she flipped by herself today. But when she rolled over, she couldn't take her right hand out from underneath her tummy and she got really really pissed. Her face turned tomato red and she started shouting at us like she's cursing. Hubby kept laughing non stop. And after she realized she knows how to roll, she kept trying and trying till her whole head and body in perspiration refuse to stop. Goodness.

Reiann how was your baby on the flight? I'm heading up to Taiwan next week and I'm so afraid she'll be cranky on the plane. And the weather there!! Oh my. Seems quite chilly and we're prepared to wrap her up in layers and layers. But I'm guessing she might actually enjoy winter cause she hates being warm. I think I'll be the one ending up with chattering teeth.

By the way, any mummies started solids for baby yet? I've already prepared her oat cereal and some fruit puréed on standby already. She will be 4months next week, but now she's drinking 260ml each feed and still seems dissatisfied. Maximum quantity for the milk bottle already. :/ hubby still can tell me to go find a bigger milk bottle. Zzzz.

My girl has 4pillows and 2bolsters but seems like I'm the one hugging them to sleep while she hogs my bed space and blanket. She hates her stroller, which I'm using a lightweight Graco. I was thinking of switching to a three wheeler maybe Cobra or Quinny. The seat seems more comfy and she prefers it. But mummies using heavy duty strollers, is it difficult to handle when you go out alone?

Oh for mummies who have babies that need to be carried all the time, anybody considered getting the Hipseat Carrier? http://www.mykiddyclothes.com/en/283-mothercare-hipseat-child-carrier.html
Can take a look.. Pretty new thing now.. And it sold out really quickly in Isetan and metro.. I've already ordered mine online cause my arms and my back are killing me nowadays! I feel like a fragile aching 60year old. Pfffft.

Reiann, my boss's son is 7months old. And his wife was telling me that she threw her son into their condo swimming pool when he was 4months old and he's been swimming since then. She said baby would drink a lot of chlorine water, but she doesn't mind.. I googled that there are actually proper swimming instructors who start teaching babies from 6months and up so I'm planning to let my girl learn eventually.. :p

Oh. And HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE MUMMIES!!

reiann

wow. yes thread moves fast.

felicity: like you, I'm not sure about the jumperoo. like, do we *need yet another thing for the baby? like, did we grow up with jumperoos? (I don't remember). just let baby crawl, walk, whatever in his/her own time? hm. so I don't think I'll get one. worse is if I buy it and baby doesn't like using it!

kary: when I was on holiday I did bring baby out with us for dinner (obviously), so that screws up her put to bed 7pm timing. but we just did the same ritual - bathing - whenever we were done with dinner, so, e.g. 9pm we were done, we got back to room, bathe her, put her to sleep. if it's 9 or beyond, I won't dream feed her. will wait till the next morning and she does last till about 7am anyway.

nowadays, I'm really tired (especially after our holiday!), so I put her to bed at about 7 (bathing at 6.30pm), dreamfeed her anytime like 10pm, sometimes later, sometimes even earlier. she still slept soundly when I woke this morning at 7.15am...

camcam: flight was ok. really. it was actually the easiest bit. it was more the off schedules, the dinner outs, her reflux issue etc that got us! just bf on demand on flight... I tried to time it if possible (i.e. not feed 24 hours during the day of travel!), but I still fed her more often than usual (as my schedule is usually 7, 11, 3, 7pm), but next day she was ok.

as for warmth - please don't over bundle her up. I went to Hokkaido. yes it was sub 20 outside, sometimes even colder. but, it was so damn warm in all the hotels, restaurants, etc, and cos I use the manduca, she does get warm! so tip: bring your normal cotton onesies too! I use that a lot. at night, in hotel room, I use that too, nothing more. only when we head out to town but we also didn't stay long with baby in my arms, of course! that will be bad. so when getting in and out of taxi or bus, exposed to the very cold air, we just put her in a north face bunting, and a hat. that's it. nothing more. cos it was literally get out of hotel, walk to bus, get in bus. get off taxi, walk into restaurant. so it's only like for 10 seconds of cold. and it was actually very bracing. and my baby LOVES the cold. when we took her outside sometimes, she'd stop cryinig and look around curiously. haha.

hm, drink chlorine water! hmmm I'm not sure about that. I'm just more worried that the swimming pool is cold! so not sure if she'll like it, and just start crying :(

ahwang

High chair n jumperoo ! I haven't even thought of these yet. Can ur babies sit.up with gd neck support ? My boy 3mths only can flip from back to side that's all.. wonder if his development is a bit slow.

ahwang

Camcam yr bb drinking 260 ml that's a lot ! Mine 140 at 3mths yet sometimes can't finish how long does 260 ml last for ur bb ?

Ahwang! Her 260ml lasts her maximum 3hours.. Sometimes 2hours wanna drink again.. :/ maybe that's why she poo poos so much like a camel.. Eat poop eat poop.. Haha! Her poop is like a nuclear weapon.. BOMB. Everytime I have to change her diaper, hubby sure run far far away into the next room. After that use perfume to spray the room. Hahaha!

Rodorsany

Cam... mine 200ml last bout 4hrs... id started brown rice cereal into her milk once a day...... she loves it... but cant spoon her she dislike

Piglim

Mummies who have made passport for ur baby. How n what r the procedure? Did u gals take the passport size photo on ur own n crop or went to professional studio to take? Wats e cost?

Pinky32

Piglim, I have made passport for my bb. Took the picture using iphone. There is an apps [IC photo for Singapore]. download it and take pic of ur bb against white background. Then submit the application online. Very fast!

Kary2500

Justamom - thankfully Mikaela sleeps early... nowadays she cant stay awake after 9:30, like even if we go out she just knocks out. Come home change her into her pj's and she sleeps again. My biggest prob is her staying asleep and not waking up. I think the longest she slept was 7 hours once in November. Oh and I have the rainforest playgym too.. used it just twice after we bought it and now its been lying in the cupboard.

Reiann - im so envious of you that your baby can sleep so many hours. For the first time yday I dreamfed mikaela at 10:30 she initially kept her lips pressed together, then I just sqeezed a little milk on her lips and she started drinking.. But she woke up again at 1:30 sigh... Tho now I dont know if shes waking up for milk or because shes getting stuck in between hubby and me. She actually turns 360 degrees in bed,.. kicks so hard when she cant move further and her legs are almost always kicking me off the bed.. I really need to create some new way of making her sleep through.

My baby can also drink about 210ml of fm and she wanted more. I jus found that out two days ago when I fed her fm cos she bit my nipples so bad that it bled.. and i wanted a break! Oh but alot of it came out due to her reflux. So i guess only 150 - 180 ml stayed inside.. So thrilled that I have been breastfeeding for the past three and a half months. Cant imagine sterilizing bottles, boiling water for fm all the time. But im gonna stop at six months, and then start solid food and substitute fm.. ive gained soo much weight and really need to start dieting.. Get so depressed when I wanna wear some of my dresses and they dont fit, plus all I see in the mirror is my flabby stomach.

Rodhorsany: how did you mix into her milk? I've just tried giving her organic oat cereal and I mixed it with milk and fed it to her. She swallowed some but ended up playing with the rest by blowing bubbles and spitting it out then smiling at me. -.- I tested by putting it in a milk bottle but the cereal grains will get stuck at the teat hole and nothing will come out. :/

reiann

Hey girls, don't be too quick to feed cereal to your babies. Please do more research on it. Most babies don't need solids before 6 months old. THere's absolutely no need for solids and solids can muck up your babies digestive system. As for feeding solids, go read up about tht too. On baby's first food. Make your own
but really, 4 months is way too young, unless your baby can sit up unassisted, swallow efficiently (especially own saliva) etc.

Piglim. I used normal digicam with baby against white background. Not easy when she was that young and hardly opens her eyes and stares straight ahead. But I needed it then to get travel insurance.

Where does your baby sleep now? Baby turning 4 months and I want her to ssleep in her own room in crib but I read that bumpers on cribs are a SID problem so how??? Argh

Pinky32

Reiann, you might want to check on this bumper- breathable construction.

http://www.babyonline.com.sg/products/products_detail.asp?pid=3627

Lingz12

wow, this thread sure moves fast.. I'm initially oso quite keen on jumperoo but hubby said it takes up space.. And I suppose they outgrow it pretty quickly after which I have to make room in the storeroom for it! so decided if I really wan I will probably jus rent.. anyone tried toys rental? any recommendations?

ur babies drink so much! my girl used to drink 120ml every 3hr under my care.. now at the nanny's hse, she naps in sarong and surprisingly naps much longer than back at home and thus drinks 120ml every 4hrs.. Dunno y she's not hungry for more milk.. Felt that she slimmed down a bit these days, her little tummy seems flat.. Tink I will gradually add more milk to see if she can take more..

As for swimming, I brought her to the pool downstairs to let her kick water.. The first time we tried, I jus let her feet get into the pool and she screamed.. The second time we tried, water went to mid calf she din scream but she looked panicky.. Poor baby.. Her feet were super cold wen they are out of water.. I tink they are still too young to be swimming in the real pool cos it's too cold..

NeSSa

reiann since my son 1 mth he is sleeping in his own baby cot...in the 1st mth cosleep with either me and my mum or my mum and my dad coz i did confinement there and came bk after 1 mth...and since then he been sleeping in his own baby cot at nite....but i dun use bumper as he doesnt turn when he was younger...now i use a long n big blanket to cover the sides and bolster at side and towel at another side coz he turns here n there in his sleep...