EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

erlina040

My girl also drink 120ml every 3 hourly.. Only recently, I up it to 150ml and can last till 4 hours or longer. But, I realized for my girl, as she grows bigger, she doesn't cry for milk even after 4 or 5 hours, so different from new born period where she didn't even allow me to have time to warm up the milk.

My girl has been practicing sit up, haha, keep wanting to sit up. Quite annoying at times, especially in car seat or on bouncer. She is learning to flip side wards, not yet full.. Can't wait for that day to happen..

Lingz12

lin, I'm using desitin purple now.. chose it earlier cos of the many good reviews.. but after using I dun really like it cos it's super thick and hard to apply.. likewise it's v hard to remove too.. have to wet cotton wool to clean a couple of times to get rid of it.. furthermore, it smells! haha.. waiting to finish my current tube before I try avent baby bottom balm as recommended by one of the mummy (tink felicity?)..

Lingz12

erlina, my girl too! keep wanting to sit up nowadays and it is now a struggle to keep her still in her car seat.. so far she is still ok in her bouncer..

she haven show signs of wanting to flip yet.. the only time she flip is wen I give her a wipe down and turn her on her side to wipe her back, sometimes she will kick to flip herself to lie on her tummy.. not really a flip.. most of the time wen she got on her tummy, she will scream murder.. maybe tat's y she is holding off flipping.. haha!

reiann, initially I oso din put bumper in bb cot cos afraid of SIDS.. but recently she kept moving in her sleep.. wen I wake up in the middle of the night, her head will be where her feet were wen I put her to sleep earlier.. sometimes I'm woken up by her frustrated cries cos her legs got stuck in the cot rails while moving in her sleep.. no choice.. to avoid her knocking her head and feet against the cot rails, I put up cot bumper on 3 sides, leaving the side facing me uncovered so that I can check on her from my bed..

Kary2500

Lina I use the purple desitin too.. It's really good for the rash cos it worked after using it just once. Now I use it just in the nights cos the diaper is on fr a longer time.. But as Eline stated it stinks, very thick, hard to apply and remove.

erlina - my baby too seems to be drinking a lot lesser or atleast I feel she's drinking lesser, cos she latches for just about ten to fifteen mins and is done. Does not cry for milk like how she used to.. I just removed my pump to sterilize it so I can pump out to see if there's enough milk and bottle feed her maybe for a couple of feeds.

felicity

Rodhorsany: how did you mix into her milk? I've just tried giving her organic oat cereal and I mixed it with milk and fed it to her. She swallowed some but ended up playing with the rest by blowing bubbles and spitting it out then smiling at me. -.- I tested by putting it in a milk bottle but the cereal grains will get stuck at the teat hole and nothing will come out. :/
i can kinda visualize it and i wanna lol... haha...

my bb only taking around 100ml when mil feeds her ebm, and that's when i'm not at home, but most of the time i'm home and latching her. she still wants to latch every 2+ hours. doesn't have any routine in the day yet and sleeps very little in the day! like say, 2-3 times a day after latching she'll sleep, but will wake up in like 20min?! last few nights sleep lesser hours in the night and wakes up more because of her stuffy nose. hope she can go back to sleeping longer hours soon...

high chair... i'm still slowly thinking and looking around... hmmm, any idea when's the next baby fair?

felicity

erlina, my girl too! keep wanting to sit up nowadays and it is now a struggle to keep her still in her car seat.. so far she is still ok in her bouncer..

she haven show signs of wanting to flip yet.. the only time she flip is wen I give her a wipe down and turn her on her side to wipe her back, sometimes she will kick to flip herself to lie on her tummy.. not really a flip.. most of the time wen she got on her tummy, she will scream murder.. maybe tat's y she is holding off flipping.. haha!

reiann, initially I oso din put bumper in bb cot cos afraid of SIDS.. but recently she kept moving in her sleep.. wen I wake up in the middle of the night, her head will be where her feet were wen I put her to sleep earlier.. sometimes I'm woken up by her frustrated cries cos her legs got stuck in the cot rails while moving in her sleep.. no choice.. to avoid her knocking her head and feet against the cot rails, I put up cot bumper on 3 sides, leaving the side facing me uncovered so that I can check on her from my bed..
haha, same on all 3 cases!! she likes to 'sit up' now... can't really flip, and i hv bumper on 3 sides of her cot because i need one side uncovered so i can check on her from my bed...

Good to know my girl isn't the only disruptive sleeper around. And she's exactly like my hubby in one way; she loves to pull the blanket or her cloth to cover her face completely when she sleeps. :/ it's damn scary cause I have to keep pulling it away and checking if she's still moving. Omg. I wonder if such habits are genetic. -.-

reiann

who's the mummy who said that her baby is seemingly losing weight, getting skinnier but longer? mine is exactly the same. it's like the past two weeks - she's lost some of her baby fat, still growing, and longer now, but not as fat. I'm not sure how much she's drinking cos I have been latching 100% but now starting to pump to train her to take bottle cos I"ll be returning to work soon (ARGH and SOB!) and she sure doesn't like it.

so I'm wondering if the getting leaner thing is normal, or maybe she's just drinking less. hm.

thanks for the info on how your baby sleeps, with or without bumper. I am now thinking of getting a soft playpen crib type for her to sleep in, so that the sides are all mesh and soft, no need for bumper. I don't mind using a bumper but my husband is super by the books, and will not budge from his decision that bumpers are dangerous etc etc.

NeSSa

my friend show me a pic...that there is a 3 in 1 baby cot,rocker and feeding...but my internet is so crazy i can only log into here...and not any website..:(

lizzy2101

my friend show me a pic...that there is a 3 in 1 baby cot,rocker and feeding...but my internet is so crazy i can only log into here...and not any website..:(
lol sorry but maybe cot for newborn, cant put our baby with that they might fall down at their age.. Plus looks so cram...