EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

felicity

my baby's sleeping from 5pm until now~~ ugh!! i'm engorged (sterilizing my pump parts now gonna pump soon) and bb's sleeping sooo soundly, make noise also won't stir... just zzz... can't bear to wake her up and now really dun dare wake her up, scared she wanna stay awake and i'm v sleepy now zzz... furthermore, she's wearing her cloth nappy until now! ><!!

meltie

hey justamom, i also had hard lump since mon.. went to see lactation consultant 2 days after trying at home to massage it down.. The LC massaged VERY HARD.. and pressed down on the lump to push milk out.. hand expressed for me too.. she said sometimes the blockage of the ducts starts from nipple, so she pressed and felt some lumps near the areola and squeezed ! Pain like mad! Then milk flow was much better.. she then massaged the lumps further away with her fingers, pressing super super hard.. i can't do that strength to myself when i came home... i can't let bb latch coz nipple is sore n bleeding as she bit on it.. i just kept massaging n pushing towards the nipple.. got reddness due to my pressing.. also i used cabbage leave twice.. dun dare to use too much and heard may affect supply.. i find that massaging while showering with hot water helps to relax and soften abit.. now it has relieved abit.. must keep nursing n pumping to keep it flowing..

sigh just now 10.30pm tried bottlefeeding bb , normally she needs latching to slp.. surprisingly she drank down 100ml.. but she complained n 'cough' after awhile.. rocked no use and she started crying.. i latched her and tried to unlatch her when she doze off.. end up took 1hr.. she was slpy, and i put her in her cot to slp.. 5 mins later she cough cough n cry again.. hubby carry but she squirmed n cry.. so i carry but she wante to latch again.. till now.. 1am liao she still doesn't wanna slp!!! gosh.. i'm super tired... not sure whats wrong with her..

sigh i'm getting worried for her inguinal hernia .. it has reccured yesterday and today.. i pushed the lump back.. her ovary n intestine seems to be easily protruded when strained by crying.. she cries v all her strength and scream kind.. i really hope there's no obstruction from now till her surgery on wed morn.. i'm still v worried for her.. and how her feeding will be like.. she might not slp well in the hosp cot.. and she may wanna latch 100% for comfort.. after that maybe cannot let her strain..now oso tryingto prevent her frm crying too hard.. spoiling her by carrying her alot... after surgery oso shld be the same.. sighh not sure how to manage .. afraid she reject bottle again, mess up feeding again, my nipples are v sore frm her tugging n has been bleeding.. so i try to only latch at nite...

felicity

meltie *hugs* hope everything will be fine for you and for charlotte! hope after the op everything will be good and there's nothing else for u to worry about little charlotte!

NeSSa

meltie when u say charlotte needs op...just make me think of my froggie op when he is 12-18 mths...dun wish for him to go thru the pain and suffering yet we don't have much choice...next review is in april hopefully by then they can give us a more or less confirmed date of the ops..and wanna ask the cost and procedure etc...

Lingz12

meltie ♥hugs♥ Charlotte will be better after e op, dun worry! In the meantime, hope no more complications.. Wed will come very soon.. Jia you Jia you!

justamom

Lingz12:744425 said:
justamom, the last time I had a hard lump, I used warm towel to put on breast.. Then I use baby oil to massage.. First circular motion from outside in.. Then massage from outside towards nipple.. Super pain but jus endure.. Then get my girl to latch a couple of times.. The lump will go away but the sore-ness remainS for a while.. Jia you! Hope u feel better soon!
Yes..been massaging it..painful! still quite sore..like those blueblack feeling.. hope will go off soon...thks!

justamom

Keatbear:744435 said:
Justamom, don't worry. .. Will be better. Sometimes cause we stress also.. When are you going back to work?
Hopefully.. Ya pretty stress recently cos need arrange for bb n talking to my company n boss..shd b gg bk early Feb..before cny.. u?

justamom

Meltie.. b strong!Ya the lactation consultant massage super hard de I remember when I went bk to c them..! been trying to massage also hopefully to bring it down n soreness!
For Charlotte.. maybe can u stay till late in the hospital till she falls aslp? or will she be on anesthesia n Zzz better aft the op? check w doc n work out what's best..Think if she needs comfort sucking maybe u can give her?or will she b on drip or medical equipments that u can't carry?share w doc n c what's best..don't worry.. she will b better.. Think for nw juz try to calm her down in order nt to agitate it..

BBFeliz

reiann:743941 said:
who's the mummy who said that her baby is seemingly losing weight, getting skinnier but longer? mine is exactly the same. it's like the past two weeks - she's lost some of her baby fat, still growing, and longer now, but not as fat. I'm not sure how much she's drinking cos I have been latching 100% but now starting to pump to train her to take bottle cos I"ll be returning to work soon (ARGH and SOB!) and she sure doesn't like it.

so I'm wondering if the getting leaner thing is normal, or maybe she's just drinking less. hm.

thanks for the info on how your baby sleeps, with or without bumper. I am now thinking of getting a soft playpen crib type for her to sleep in, so that the sides are all mesh and soft, no need for bumper. I don't mind using a bumper but my husband is super by the books, and will not budge from his decision that bumpers are dangerous etc etc.
Hi, my baby feels like the same too. She do not seem to be gaining weight and she is drinking so much lesser than she should be, base on the guide book. When she was only a few days old, she can drink 500+ml. Nowadays 400ml due to longer hours of sleep and her per feed is only 100ml..

her tummy is super flat, not much bb fat but she is growing longer :(

Keatbear

Mummies, I also noticed that my girl started drinking lesser.. And seem to lose abit of weight.. But later I realise it's because she suck so hard on the bottle she give up drinking... I was still using the one hole teat. I just change to 2 and 3 hole teat and she fed better and started drinking more...

Could it be the bottle teat? Mummies you can check...

Justamom, mayb after cny also will go back to work...
Meltie, it's must be heart pain for you to manage Charlotte. But I'm sure you will be able to mange and come to a solution for Charlotte.
Like all mothers do.. The sacrifices we make..

My girl has been on Similac.. And she still poops everyday massively.. But her poop smell can kill! I have to hold my breath when I change her diapers. Hahaha! :/

She's 7.6kg at 3months3weeks.. Like Ethan, doc also said maybe her tummy too chubby so it's difficult for her to turn.. -.- she seldom cries nowadays.. As long as I'm around. The minute I disappear from her sight only, all hell breaks loose. I even tried hiding under the bed or standing behind the cupboard door just for a few seconds. Sends her into war siren mode. OMG.

ahwang

He meltie, I hope charlotte will recover soon. She will as she knows how much u have sacrificed for her. Don't worry abt spoiling her at this age. My boy always demanded to be carried n I went to read up. They r too young to know how to manipulate their parents with their crying. Only until ard 6mths when they learn cause n effect then ya we need to have some limits n not always give in. At this age they started to have a bit of seperation anxiety n realised that they r not part of us as in no longer in our tummy. So when they cry for sure they r in need of something. Cuddle n hug all u can to give her the comfort my boy had fever few days back cant coax n slp on his own. I carry n rock him to slp on the rocking chair whole nit.

felicity

My bb seems to lose weight too. The tummy is gone... Now I actually wish I'm the one having her tummy because mine's so much flabbier!

Kary2500

Meltie - hope charlotte can be well till her surgery day.. soo nervous for u but stay strong.. Been praying for her to be healthy n fr de surgery to go well..As ahwang said its alright to carry her, i dont think that will spoil her. Because she needs the comfort more now.. Also this is the age babies like the comfort of cuddling and skin to skin. I dont believe in letting babies cry out loud, dont have the heart to let that happen, even though a lot of people say it will help expand their lung..

Kary2500

Is dis a phase that babies lose alot of weight cos im experiencing the same.. Shes growing longer tho. I pumped milk yesterday evening after a long time and even tho i pumped after four hours of feeding I got just 70 ml of milk :( been so depressed bcos of that. I was able to get 180 ml before and now its like less than half too. I noticed my baby has been wanting to feed every hour and a half to two hours over the past two three days and realised her sucking is like shes fighting with my breasts. How do I increase breastmilk naturally?? Im now actually longing to feel engorged again.

At the same time ive been feeling very stressed out cos im jus not happy living with my mil. Cant sleep properly at nights too cos theres jus too much always on my mind. And i cant even talk to my husband properly cos we dont have the privacy to do that. Trying not to think about things cos I know stress affects breastmilk but my mind is not helping. Jus hoping I can somehow manage the next two and a half months of breastfeeding. Yday after realising i did not have too much milk I fed my baby fm about 200ml and she slept till about 3:30am. So confused if I should continue feeding her fm or just let her latch on to help increase the supply.

BBFeliz

felicity:744504 said:
My bb seems to lose weight too. The tummy is gone... Now I actually wish I'm the one having her tummy because mine's so much flabbier!
Same here.. 3mth plus and she is just 6.5kg. Currently I am using teat number 2 Philips avent.

She just start crying when she don't want to drink. I have always being feeding her enfa. Thinking if should change as she does not seem to enjoy drinking milk after her injection

meltie

Thks mummies.. staying strong for bb.. i oso dun really have the heart to do the cry-it-out method coz it dtrains her too much.. everytime she starts her crying, it goes to max one.. v heartpain to see her 'gek' and use all her milk strength.. i've been carrying her alot..

Seems like my bb is still the lightest? only 5.1kg.. last wed saw PD for 5-in-1 jab.. her head is at 50th percentile, length (59cm) @ 3rd-10th percentile while her weight (gained only ard 100+g since last visit which was in late nov) @ 25th percentile.. gosh my bb has not been growing! maybe her reflux and stuff... sigh i hope she wun slim down somemore after her op...

reiann

What's the op for Charlotte, meltie? So sorry to hear. Don't please don't worry too much about he weight. It is really nothing. As long as she is growing :)

Kary-- when I pump nowadays the yield is surprisingly little. It's. Ren weeks since I pumped and last time my breasts wre always engorged. Now the yield especially second feeding at about 10 plus is very little, together both breasts only 1oz!!!! Wah. I need to pump more often Now to increase supply. It's working already. Just keep pumping.