EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

linl1n84

Kary: take it easy, dun stress up n pls dun think too much since u are moving to uk soon, think of that n look forward for it.. Think u shd continue bf n give mikaela fm as her last feed. I am doing it and at least I can pump out n store at night.

Nowadays if I pump direct or even one hr after feeding I only get 2oz Max n if I dun latch her, I got 3.5oz only.. I know my supply is quite pathetic but I am trying hard...

Keatbear: s26 is very heaty.. Think similac price is more exp than other brand, maybe high price has better quality..lol..if u wanna try, maybe buy smaller tin to try..

NeSSa

ya S26 is super heaty esp step 2...when i was a baby i was on S26 but for step 1 nia..when step 2 i take my mum said i cant handle it switch to something else...so now i avoid it at all cost...

erlina040

Ya, my baby also keep refusing milk. I've changed the teat for her, and it helps slightly. But she will drink around 50-60ml on her feeding time and start to fuss, refusing the milk. And it takes great effort to coax her to finish till 120ml. Very very tiring and worrying. She seems to lose weight.. Doesn't she feel hungry? Haha..

Meltie, think what Charlotte need is all the hugging and cuddling, believe she must be also having lots of discomfort. A happy and secure baby will recover fast!

Kary, I think u r probably tired and stressed over living with mil, that subsequently affect ur milk supply. Try to rest well and drink more water.. My supply is also quite pathetic. I was thinking of slowly stopping bf, ESP when back to work.

NeSSa

i posted a pacifier which i m getting from USA for Ryan...i am thinking of getting more from them after i rcvd the pacifier if anyone share order let me know

here is the pic of the cute toy froggie.jpg

lizzy2101

Why dont you mummies try karihome goats milk? It's a bit ex compared to cows milk but i dont have any problem when it comes to poo and gaining weight. 1 tin is 400 grams cost $24. And lasts ethan 3-4 days..but he is drinking 150ml every 3 hours so ya he can finish 1 tin fast.

justamom

lizzy2101:744580 said:
Why dont you mummies try karihome goats milk? It's a bit ex compared to cows milk but i dont have any problem when it comes to poo and gaining weight. 1 tin is 400 grams cost $24. And lasts ethan 3-4 days..but he is drinking 150ml every 3 hours so ya he can finish 1 tin fast.
Lizzy can start giving fr this age?nv heard before this Brand.
Where did u get it from? Is it standard only 400grams?

lizzy2101

Lizzy can start giving fr this age?nv heard before this Brand.
Where did u get it from? Is it standard only 400grams?
yes from birth to 6 months then stage 2 7-12 months both cans only carries 400 grams. Stage 3 (1-3y/o) and stage 4(4 years old onwards) carries 900 grams. Can get it in any big supermarket cold storage, ntuc, marketplace even guardian have but only few tins, normally i buy 20 tins in one go to stock up. Cos a bit difficult to get, usually supermarket only sells 12-20 cans lol and they replenish only per month so everytime i go supermarket when i see stocks i usually buy all or shop on a diff supermarket every week to see the stocks of milk.

linl1n84

Ling: the massage worked, I massaged my gal few times since morning n this eve she pooed at 7pm but it is diarrhea :( as long my gal pooed I m happy le :)

Rodorsany

Cant imagine...... tmrw is e day im gg back to work.... 17weeks just passed like nothing...

Oh my!!! Im gg miss my bb n otot timing

Lingz12

Lin, glad to noe e massage works for u! Let's hope our babies poo on their own from now on!

Rodorsany, me too.. Was packing my bag to get ready for work tmr.. Handbag plus another bag for cooler bag, pump and pump parts.. Was looking at the medical cert given by gynae for delivery and it wrote maternity leave for 112 days.. I can't believe 112 days jus flew past like this.. It seems only yesterday tat I was sitting at TMC updating u girls here while waiting to be admitted for induced labour.. Time flies.. Now back to reality.. I hope it will be a smooth day back at work tmr!

meltie

Jiayou mums gping back to work!!! I dread the day.. sigh.. btw, my HR called to clarify leave.. she forgot to leave out the public holidays for my 2nd stretch of 8 weeks maternity.. also i was entitled 6 days childcare leave in 2012.. so i'm able to extend and go back work later.. thank God for that as i think i shld spend more time helping charlotte to recuperate at home n go back for post op review...

hey kary, do drink lotsa water! my supply is also up n down... my right nipple is still bleeding n cracked.. seems like her long munching sessions haveade my nipples v sore n dry for past few mths.. been resting my right side for a week.. trying to hand express n pump out.. but pump will hurt the skin.. even at low pressure.. :/ i think stress in the subconcious mind really affects supply although we think we can manage... so do try to rest well .. i force myself to down 1 waterbottle filled w water before or after every pumping session... now my combined pump for one session is 100ml.. trying to maintain or grow it! Coz bb drinking 100ml per feed..

hey reiann, charlotte has inguinal hernia, needs to undergo herniotomy to push back her protruding ovary n intestine that presents as a lump whenshe strain too hard due to crying/coughing.. the surgery will close up the gap in her muscle wall and stop any hernia of her intestine.. i noticed it on christmas day where she cried like mad and started screaming.. found a big swell on her roght groun area as i checked her diaper.. rushed her to a&e n the doc pushed it back.. it recurred again woth a smaller lump on new year day.. i pushed it back.. doc advised that if it cannot he reduced by pushing, she starts to vomit or stop pooping, there's a risk of obstruction or cut off of blood supply as the intestine is comstricted in that gap of her muscle wall.. i went back nuh for followup on thurs and the surgeon advised for op asap to minimise risks of recurrence.. and it happened on thurs and fri again when she cried like mad.. sighh now i very afraid of her crying n straining... paranoid and keep checking..

Any mummies w bb that needs to latch for last feed at night? My bb cannot take bottle alone at night.. she has to latch for comfort n to go to slp.. last night i got hubby to try bottlefeed her ..sue did finish her 100ml but started crying and complaining.. fussed for awhile and bo bian i latched her.. thought she'll be full and just comfort latch for 5-10mins.. ended up i had problems unlatching her.. she kept fussing eben when i carry n coax her to slp... latched again and again.. i did not want to overfeed her as she might vomit.. but she just wanna latch.. tried pavifier, failed.. she was tired as i pat her n rocked her to slp.. sue slept in cot for 5 mins, screamed again.. ended up i only put her down peacefully after latching her for 2 hrs!!! sigh guess i shall not try to bottlefeed her.. just now i latched her and she did her normal latching of 1 hr and slept like a log...

meltie

hey i was a S26 bb! My dad swore by it.. always say s26 v gd.. hmm guess maybe it was under great promo during my time.... anyway, keatbear, u wanna try s26? they can give samples one.. sent to house somemore.. today dumex did a delovery of mamil gold HA formula to my hse.. 1 tin though.. lol.. by the way, if any of u using S26, do let me know, i can get free one.. coz my company's nutri arm is selling S26... hope i can still get before i quit lol...

justamom

Meltie: ml doesn't incl public holidays?or counting by days or by months?my company counts it by months.. meaning if I took fr 20th September I shd go bk after 4mths Which is 19th jan13. Right? I'm also taking 6days paid childcare Leave and 6days unpaid leave to extend my leave..

Yes..Lucas also needs at times to latch on although I'm trying not to let him cos no more neinei at my mum's place for him to fall aslp.. n he doesn't likes the pacifier nw.. making it harder to make him Zzz.. like juz nw trying to make him Zzz from 10+ n he finally Zzz at 12+ aft several attempts.. still wanna play *faints*

Rodorsany

Wah.... why all ur company so nice ones.... my count by weeks!!!! Gggrrrrr.....

So 16weeks... so got ph... included... so wasted my christmas n ny day loh... but i took 7 days of annual leave..

Btw childcare leave only 42 days in 7 yrs my ladies just do note ie 6 days per yr.

Im trying to take parental leave when my ils go for med checkup! Dun wanna waste my annual leave esp when hb flying off to china aft cny

Lingz12 i packed my bag on sat.... dun wanna missed out any thing like pump parts etc...every morning i wake up to pump enthusiastic.. today damn sianz.... lmao

linl1n84

I slept thru 7hr now just wake up to pump.. Sigh...
Jia you mummies who start work today.. My day will come soon too..
First 8 weeks of maternity are counted per weeks irregardless of pub hol, for my case 2days of pub hol were eaten up. The last 8 weeks which paid by gov are counted based on no of working days per week, so if got pub hol means counted as 4days per week.. Effectively we only have 8weeks of leave not 4mth.

Meltie: jia you ya :) my gal too needs to nurse till she sleeps. Yesterday even worse, she nursed for 3hr, when unlatched she woke up ;(

purpur

we count by nums of weeks for maternity leave .. feel like tearing when I step out of e hse for wrk tis morning, can't bear to leave my baby .. so upset .. oso worried tt dunno my mil alone at hme can handle him well anot .. :mad:

purpur

I oso using enfalac a+ now heard tt it has e most dha compare to other Fm .. but I may change to dumex after 6 mths .. as they claim tt dumex contains all e essential nutrition n they r not so hearty bb will hav loose stools ease their bowel movement .. cos if fed Fm must really let them drink abit of water not exceed 30 ml per day if not will hav constipation wor ..