EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Rodorsany

Im using dumex... my dg1 tried all brands cannot poo .. so ended up use dumex... till now

So for convenience sake i let bb use dumex so far so good...

Keatbear

Don't worry mummies.. All should be well..
Jiayou for those starting work and already working...
Wah meltie your company really nice, my HR didn't even mention all these... Bet they even include the public holidays. My next maternity I make sure I count properly...

Oo dumex sounds good too...

Rodorsany

I dunno.... i do hv frens mix... like using pediasure n enfa... but imho i would prefer dumex then s26 coz i see my nieces n nephews took like very heaty.

Am otw to work... taking mrt wooo so long nv take train during peak hrs seemed so alien to me... so packed n till nw e ols are so rude rushed to enter e lift but dun bother to hold e button.. then i hold e door for them to exit.. none say tanku... duh... dun they kno basic manners.... i so lowly educated also know these ladies wear till so pretty n atas... i look down on them....

Hahaha paisei just feel like ranting lol

felicity

Jiayou rodorsany, Lingz and purpur on your first day at work!! Sure will miss bb n worry abt bb one I guess... Babies need to adjust, mummies also need to adjust..

If I'm not wrong mine is count by week? So was 16 weeks... Can count by mth is so good!!

Dor, yup I feel society getting less n less gracious! :( last time still say wat build a gracious society, all the courtesy campaign etc... I think that time no campaign most ppl also more courteous than now! Peak hr trains really drive ppl nuts n lose courtesy! (maybe along w some sanity)

yeoymp

maternity leave can be counted in different way? My company e leave system counted in days which 112days....so PH is included. Can ask to exclude PH? I had mastitis early dec which doctor did gave me altogether 30days hospitalisation leave, anyone knows can it be taken during maternity leave? so that i can extend my leave?

My daughter initially on similac, after that switch to Mamil coz she had difficulty in poo-ing. Then mamil till now, then tot mamil is good for digestive system which baby won't be difficulty in poo-ing so let my son had mamil as well. Who knows when he is on full fm he like having difficulty passing motion, once in every 5-6days. So i switch to friso, now he is able to poo everyday and almost same timing everyday.

But my mother in law keep saying Mamil too strong no good, ask me to swtich to cheaper fm for my girl like dugro.....keep saying mail got too much DHA, children can't absorb it well will become stupid in future. Then keep telling me how good dugro is coz is cheap (which is what her daughter gaven to her granddaughter now). But then sometimes she will say every fm is the same....made me so confused.

And i think there must be different for those expensive and cheaper fm even though under same company like mamil & dugro are from dumex, but their price diff.

Lingz12

wow I din noe maternity leave is counted differently.. my company count by days.. public holiday not deducted (no matter first 8 weeks or last 8 weeks).. sianz..

yeah rodorsany.. I have forgotten how it is like to be on mrt during rush hr! argh! hate it!

this morning was a mad rush.. jus dump bb at nanny hse and quickly go off to work.. feel so heartless.. now v tired cos woke up earlier to pump plus pack my bag, pack bb's milk etc etc.. Tink gonna have panda eyes again..

now I'm sitting at my workstation clearing 2777 emails! ha! tink my job for todae is jus clear emails.. looking forward to 6pm so tat I can scoot and go fetch bb! :D

reiann

[FONT=Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Meltie, I am so sorry to hear about Charlotte. I really hope the op goes well!!
Why do you bottle feed? I aam only now starting to as I have to go back to work and will pump ebm for her. But I still latch first thing in morning, and last thing at night. The second, third and maybe fourth feeding would be by bottle.

Roo- yes you're right about lack of manners. I usually hold the door open for person begin me but sometimes they just walk through without thanking me like as if I am a door woman?!?!? Wth?!

Im returning to work in two weeks time..will be starting infan care next week or baby. Sighhhhh[/FONT]

linl1n84

If u take maternity leave 16 weeks straight it is 112days. U need to break the first 8 weeks n the last 8wks. I slotted in my annual leave n child care leave in between so it was consider as two separate leave. I did that so I can get 2more days due to pub hol on 2nd half of 8weeks. I discovered it after I slowly digest the gov rule n my hr policy...

meltie

Yup like lin, for maternity leave its 16 weeks, an be broken up into 1st 8 weeks and 2nd 8 weeks. The 1st 8 weeks is fixed after delivery, then if u slot in annual leave and childcare leave (which i could not finish before i deliver, or rather, i saved upfor it so i could extend my maternity), the next 8 weeks is considered as adhoc leave .. its like those mums who are entitled 4 mths maternity but go back at 2 mths, the remaining leave is taken on working days.. its counted like that one.. why not u gals check w HR?

Reiann, i am still training bb to take bottle well, she still prefers latching anytime.. esp can latch an hr or more every night.. i still latch at last feed and first 1-2 feeds depending at what wee hrs.. charlotte sometimes still reject and drink v slowly.. so i gotta set the bottle routine in the day .. just now mil n maid came oer to buy lunch for me.. they tried to feed while i pump .. failed .. bb screamed and shrieked like mad.. guess she only picks on me or my hubby to feed her... need to keep trying as mil n maid will need to feed her when i go back to serve notice....

Wah its really not ez to juggle pumping n feeding alone at home w bb.. this morn she latched frm 3.40am to 5am.. tried unlatching her several times but she screamed and wanted to latch.. finally i told her to stop as she was just sucking for comfort.. carried her to slp.. put in cot, she woke up and cried.. carried and walked till 5.30am she was still wide away despite all the shush and pat... sigh i was too tired liao, got hubby to wake up to carry her to slp... he tried till 6.30am.. den she cried for milk again.. i woke up to feed her.. this time she was quite tired.. fed for 1 hr and slept... 9am woke up crying again.. fed her bottle as hubby rushed to work.. after 1 hr of slow sucking on the bottle, she finally finished, i bathed and put her in bouncer at 10.30 to watch me pump... super hard man.. she kept complaining.. gave her teether n toys, could ony helped afew mins.. carried her in my arms and out her beside me while i pump.. i could only use a single pump as the other hand need to massage and compress and to be free to catch bb in case she roll over.... after pumping, trying to put her to slp.. she slept for 20mins and behold it was time for next feed .. she cried at 12.10pm.. fed n sat her up till 1pm... then mil came.. then i FINALLY can go wash up brush teeth and eat lunch.. no time for breakfast before that... what a morn! super tired now..... :/ dunno how i can hold on for the next few weeks alone at home.. its even tougher then when i direct latch...

I'm now worried abt the preparation for surgery.. as bb needs to fast for 4hrs before surgery.. i guess she cannot tahan n sure scream like mad.. the nurse says must finish breast milk by 4am as surgery is at 8am. 2 hrs before can drink glucose water only.. i oso dunno how much to feed her.. she say just use sugar dissolve in water... i hope it works for bb .. i'll be staying in with bb .. they will provide a stretcher for me to slp in... just wondering whether can latch after surgery or bottlefeed.. oso if bottlefeed, i gotta pump and take care of her... no bouncer or rocker... hope she can slp.. today i told bb abt surgery she just smiled at me lol.. she ain't know what's happening... mummy is so worried.. stay in 6 bedder i scared risk of infection, also noise.. also she might just wake everyone up w her screams... :p

justamom

Meltie at least u r able to pump n squeeze in btw feeds..I also showered n let Bb cry cos he's too clingly on me today.. even lunch was eating w him in my arms..nw Zzz at my arms also..put him down will wail like mad...
Think I will supplement w fm during the day when I return bk to work..already super tired w latching whole night as he will wake up abt two hourly + still..n I don't feel engorged as before..

As least u can stay in w Charlotte during the hospital stay..try give her support ba.. don't need to worry abt her wails..Bb surely will cry ESP when nt feeling well ma.

Lingz12

yeah, it's tough to pump and take care of bb on ur own.. last time I used to prepare pump first, once bb sleep I pump.. if she miraculously din wake up after I pump I will rush to eat or do laundry etc.. with a bb, it's always a rush against time..

and ya, luckily u can stay over with Charlotte.. hope u can latch her after her surgery la, at least she can get sme comfort.. Charlotte and mummy Mus Jia you ok!

Argh.. I din read up on the breaking up of maternity leave 8 weeks and 8 weeks.. sobz.. like tat lugi leh.. lazy mummy me.. :(

Last edited:

Rodorsany

Lin u are entititle to take 42 days fm age 0-7... once reach 7 cant... check out ur coy is by e yr or bday. Last time my prev is by bb bday. So by 7thbday gotta used up.. if not forfeit.. then e hr change to e yr bb turn 7

Keatbear

I also don't know about breaking 8weeks and 8 weeks... Arrgghh also Lu gi

Meltie, I'm sure Charlotte is a strong girl. Won't be afraid of the surgery

lizzy2101

I think when bb went for op they always make the bb sleep?! For fast recovery..and they give painkillers too.. So not to worry angel!

Last edited:

linl1n84

Rodor: the second 8weeks need to finish within a year, it is gov law I think, anyway I prefer to use everything in one go to accompany my gal..

Meltie: Jiayou... U need to be strong mentally n physically, once ops everything will be fine so dun worry...maybe u can bring along ur rocker n put on top of her bed in case she doesn't like the hospital flat bed...

meltie

Yup i prefer to take all maternity leave at once.. maxmimise as much time for 1st 4 mths w bb.. considered that i can breastfeed as much! Wow time flies, bb is already 15 weeks liao! I've breastfed her more than 3.5mths! amazing feeling.. 2.5 mths more to go! Hope i can last! with all the sore/dry/bleeding/itchy nipples gosh.. and pumping when i get to!

Justamom, my HR say i was entiltled childcare leave in 2012! No proration even as i gave birth in sept and taking maternity.. so she slot in for me after 1st 8 weeks.. w the slotting in of annual leave n childcare leave, the maternity is broken up and the remaining 8 weeks is actually days to be cleated within a year..
Wah ur lucas oso like my charlotte.. i carried her to eat , she still wailing.. just nw just left her to cry as i go bathe.. coz i do anything oso no use.. carry her she can wail even harder... do 3mth olds cry more?

Charlotte has been crying alot these few days.. cry n scream for no apparent reason.. from slp n suddenly frm bouncer.. strange.. maybe she has learnt to scream n discover her pitch.. cried for 2 hrs in the evening.. till no voice.. its not colic.. i rocked n carry her but she continued her shrieking.. sigh.. she seems to know ant her surgery?

I guess for charlotte, nothing much for her to worry .. but its mummy that's stressed n worried.. got all the packing, prep , waking early, managing feed times, pump times, etc.. they oso dun cater meals for me in hosp.. gotta tapao.. tml i must try to feed charlotte at ard 3am and finish by 4am to fast for surgery.. before 6am feed her some sugar water.. not sure how much sugar to add though.. nurse says can give her 50ml.. thats alot man!