EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

justamom

Meltie Ya Same..I let Lucas cry and run to shower..but was a.fast one..Ya They know hw to bully us more when They r growing older.. ><

my hr didn't mention anything abt childcare leave in 2012..maybe will ask tmr. .if So the 42days will b deducted accordingly I guess..for span of 7years..

Don't worry abt Charlotte gg for op.. Ya yr plan seems fine e feeding time..n nuh there's foodcourt.. guess u can grab some food there... don't worry Ya..nurses n docs will take gd care of her..she'll b fine aft the op..

Awwww meltie, I think baby Charlotte is just trying to annoy mummy and get all the attention while she can :) before she grows up and mummy makes her do all her homework and eat her veggies. Revenge in advance. Hahaha! Or at least that's what my hubby always tells me. Baby will bully mummy first because eventually they'll have to listen to whatever we say. :)

Charlotte will be fine babe.. Hope she gets well really really soon!

ahwang

My company rather stingy. My Hr said maternity leave has got be taken immediately upon deliver, then can take cc leave and to break up maternity leave has to subject to ur boss approval as they have to submit documentation. I find it cumbersome so just took 4 mths straight. So I delivered on 25 Jan, returning work on 28 Jan. My prorated cc leave for 2012 was thus forfeited as I have to take maternity leave first then can tk cc leave in 2012 Next bb must plan properly in that case haha.

Meltie good luck for the ops !

yeoymp

Oh, that's how to exclude the PH.

Initially i wanted to break the maternity leave by 8weeks first, then slot in my 2012 balance childcare leave & annual leave then followed by another 8 weeks maternity leave so that i can stretch the leave longer......sigh, but my HR says...it would be more easier for them to claim from gov if i took 16weeks at 1 go. That's why made me cleared my 4days childcare leave at home do nothing before i gave birth. Lucikily my boss able to allow me carried forward the 5days annual leave to this year.

Sigh....my boy started to go nanny's place day time. Dunno why he doesn't want to sleep in yao lan ever since he went nanny's place, normally i will let him nap for 1/2 hour at 7+pm then last feed at 9+pm before goes to bed which he sleep in baby cot at night. But these few days he refused to be placed in yao lan, cried and fussed till me or hubby has to carried him to sleep then put him into it. Before that he is ok with yao lan day time, he will sleep for abt 2-3hours, then wake up for milk and play for 2hours then sleep again....pretty routine everyday. Now abit haywired when he reject the yao lan.

yeoymp

meltie, dun worry too much. As long as mummy is there with baby charlotte, she will know it coz she can smell u!

Jiayou

felicity

Meltie, Charlotte will be in good hands and will be fine... Furthermore with such a patient and loving mummy... *hugs*

Sigh I'm not allowed to split my mL. many of my friends from other schools asked me why dun split, take sept n oct, then nov n dec holidays, then take jan n feb. I want too! But my sch doesn't allow... Must take 4 mths in one shot, non negotiable. So clash all w sch hols.. And teachers r not entitled to annual leaves so sch hols r supposed to be my leave. Sigh, I feel it's unfair, cos afterall we r all employees of moe. But different sch hv diff policies.. Sianz. :(

Rodor *hugs* I can feel ur frustration! I've been dying for bb to flip cos I don't want her to flip while in pil's bed!! Please flip for me!! But she lie in bed v lazy to move ><

Oh mummies do u all still keep track of the timing of ur feeding? Some days I latch n latch without looking at the time n lost track.. So my notebook v messy, some days many lines, cos bb kept latching.. Some days after one feed I write "lost track" >< and I nv track her poo timing... She poos everyday but sometimes I change nappy sometimes mil change...

Rodorsany

Vern ur school cant??? My coll wife edd apr so she taking apr n may... then june is holi... jul n aug ml again ... how i envy... then she npl till oct.. nov n dec holis again.. but she jc teacher la

reiann

Felicity- I find that ridiculously unfair. You should write to moe. I'm also a teacher but as my school is independent, their HR policies are much better. I am returning to work but I can take one day off a week to clear mmy maternity! I feel that school hols shouldn't be touched as we don't have annual leave otherwise!

snowkie

My school too Felicity! Typing this while pumping in school now... Have to use the meeting room as there's no other places! :( felt cheated of my holidays...

lizzy2101

Mummies i read that in order for bb to flip must put bb on a hard surface and not soft like bed?! Lol doin to ethan for few days and and i can see he can a bit turn to his side.

linl1n84

Yeo: my gal too this few days reject yaolan, eyes always open wide when put her in. In the end gotta carry her in carrier. Think during weekend I carried her too much in carrier as we were outside.

Lizzy: will it help? I will try to put her on yoga mat then..,

Piglim

Hi ladies, brought my son for his 5th jab today.. So brave e don't cry ;) but wail when being fed the rotavirus med by e nurse. Haha my son is 7kg lor! my pd asked me to start feeding my son with cereal Le. Actually I m quite hesitant cos I read up n many say wait till 6mths... So when I asked the pd.. Wah she like Pms today lor so unfriendly.. Say "I fed my children when they r 4mth n they r also ok. If u want to follow what u read then Okie I m not forcing u. Who says baby needs to be able to sit up. U just hold him in sitting position can already. " then i said " but can he swallow?" she replied "of cos! Otherwise how he drink ur milk?" goosh... She's dr Ang ai tin from Thomson medical btw. So fierce lor. I m first time mum.. So many times dunno.. Ask more also cannot. Not like the consultation is free lor... Grrr
Anw she recommended Nestlé cereal.. Maybe will start this wkend. So excited yet nervous at the same time!

Any Gd recommendation for pd near north area? Maybe changing pd after the last jab.
Pay $ to see her mood.. Zzz

reiann

what??? piglim, please please please! don't!!!
NOT all doctors are good doctors. reading your account of what happened, I am appalled. how can a doctor firstly treat you that way, and explian things so poorly? what is even her rationale for asking you to start solids for your son? is he not thriving well on milk (breast milk too, no?)???

you don't have to feed solids. why? is your son showing interest in your food? there are many articles/research papers showing that introducing solids to babies too young will result in food intolerances that go into adulthood. do a search yourself!!

please don't feed solids yet! if your son can sit up right by himself, swallow effectively, shows interest, THEN feed. this should be baby led weaning, NOT forced by adults.

a doctor that bullies her patients like this is terrible. doctors are also human. it doesn't mean that being a doctor means that their knowledge is superior. go read up on it and use your own judgement!

please don't feed solids so soon ok! I want to delay solids as much as possible even 7 months if possible!!

lizzy2101

I agree with reiann! Some research says baby fed below 6 mos tend to be obese or high chances of intolerances and allergies... So what if her daughter or son ate at a young age?! Lol

@lina yea i put Ethan on yoga mat too lol abd he's showing signs of turning tho his tummy is too big to turn :D i put him on his cot too where the mattress is very firmed too! Hopefully he will turn soon!

Kary2500

Meltie -praying that all goes well for charlotte and you stay strong too... And yes I think babies start crying more now, cos Mikaela has.. she sometimes wakes up from bed and jus cries, i dont know if babies have nightmares and thats the reason why she wakes up crying. But otherwise sometimes her cries for attention can be really laughable, she starts off softly and then it becomes really loud like she loves hearing her own voice and knows that we run to carry her when she does.

I took Mikaela for her vaccines yday and shes 6.6kgs gained jus 900 grams in one month :( the pd said shes gained enough but shes petite. Plus her head is quite small and measuring between the 10th and 25th percentile. The pd I took her to is anti fm and was like shes gaining enough so i shud probably hav enuf milk. She jus asked me to increase my intake of milk and other fluids. Oh and she also told me no solids and water till after six months. The pd i went to in sg told me if i want to i can giv her ten ml of water everyday, and i did give her once and she made weird faces but drank on the third attempt, the next time i gave her she refused. So now im jus gonna stick to only bm.. I have started drinking a lot more water and have stopped giving fm even that once in two days what i did. Gonna start pumping more too if time permits.

Kary2500

My daughter is such a lazy bum she flipped on her stomach about three four times on two consecutive days before christmas and now she jus refuses to turn. Today she tried turning with the greatest of difficulty after trying for twenty mins she landed on her stomach and then gave out such a big sigh like she had accomplished something huge and after that she has not turned again... lol i wish i had video recorded it.. tho now she is able to hold her head high when i place her on her stomach..

purpur

wow, super tired to wrk n taking care of baby .. v shag keep having headache bcos lack of slp ..I wonder Hw those mummies can do it .. hate being in tis stressful country wif fast pace n high standard of living .. make me having probia for having num 2 ..