EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

reiann

Babies sleeping through night : how much does your baby nap in the day now? Not for long? My baby's sleeping less and less everyday in the daytime!

Uttmama

A question I was about to ask! My baby sometimes sleep through 12 hours on good days but more frequently get up at 3am for a feed and go back to bed till 6.30-7 am. He seems to sleep only 2-3 hours in the day. Is that too little nap?

Piglim

Wahhh baby bonus issue is out! Goosh my son was born on e 26th August! Exactly e date that allows me to enjoy e benefits man.. (not too sure of the paternity leave though) *sweat* why didn't they do it last yr!! Grrrr

ahwang

Piglim, paternity leave is for bb born after 1may this year I think.

Mummies who put bb in infant care. How does the teacher make ur bb nap? Did they follow ur way ? I.e If ur baby needs carried n pat to slp did the teacher do the same ? N did they follow ur feeding schedule ? The teachers in my infant care simply feed when my boy cries n before he wanna slp. Eg. He took a full feed at 10am of 160ml, cry at 12+ cos of tired n need a nap. Teacher feed again 160ml and obviously feeding is the easiest way to make bb slp. But only 2 hrs apart my boy didn't finish the 160ml only took 60ml and fall asleep. Teacher then had to throw away my bm as couldn't use after 1hr so angry. Yet I don't dare to express my anger as scared teacher ill teat my boy as Im dependent on their help to look after him. The haywire feeding scared will ruined my boy 4hrly feed and also he might associate needing a bottle before gg to slp. Gosh what to do

reiann

oh no, ahwang!! :( :( that's horrible!! I'd be furious.

at the infant care my baby goes to, they provide a 'communication booklet' in which I can write what needs to be done for the baby (e.g. medication, etc). the teacher can also write something in it if need be. I usually write the feeding timing: e.g. feeding at 10am, 2pm. they will feed accordingly, +/- 15minutes. I've already told them that. they seem to stick to it. or, at least, what I see them doing when I was around...

I think they will, cos I am giving them the exact amount of milk for x number of feedings. eg tomorrow I will give two bottles of bm, cos I will be away for two of his feedings. so if they use it earlier..... too bad. I doubt they will cos they do seem to stick to it.

as for comforting to sleep - I think they would do it of course, if my baby cries, but if many other babies are crying, they can only do so much.

and I totally know what oyu mean about showing black face. infants are soooo helpless if teachers were to not treat them well! hm, maybe you explain to the teacher very very nicely? :)

yeah my baby is napping much less these days...

ahwang

Hey reiann, my infant care also has the communication booklet. Every morning will write down when is his last feed at home and teacher will act from there. I also told teacher on first day he feeds every 4hr of 160. I give exact bm and extra feed of formula as the last feed is dependent on when my mil fetch him back. If late will be in sch and early will be at mil hse and also just in case bb is on growth spurt, or suddenly just genuinely hungry ad don't wanna him to starve. Since bb r not robot sometime they poo or pee too much might wanna extra feed or snack in between.
Yeah, I ask the teacher why feed so frequently n told them of course can't finish the milk as bb not hungry they said will tk note n told the teacher taking care of him. Sigh and Monday bb seems to have Monday blue or needed some warm up after a weekend of no infant care days.

Lingz12

This thread' s getting kinda quiet now.. Mummies all busy at work or getting ready to go back to work?

Just saw tat EDD Sep 13 thread has been created.. Made me tink of almost the same time last year wen I first discover I'm preggie.. I miss being preggie.. It's a wonderful feeling minus the MS and the backaches of cos.. But I'm now too tired handling work and baby tat I can't even consider having #2 soon.. Ha!

reiann

hey all,

too busy with work and baby. tooooooo tired. exhausted.

ahwang: infant care let my baby sleep, take such long naps, and delayed her feedings by 1+ hours, even 2 hours. then when I brought her home, she's awake. she went to sleep as usual after her bath, but she woke up 3 times!! first night she woke up twice!! I was sooooo tired at work. sigh. so I told the teachers there to STICK TO THE TIMING for the feeds (i.e. no longer than 4 hours!!), and to keep her naps to maximum 1.5hours. it was better last night. I was initally so upset that they just let her sleep. jeez, of course it's easier for the teachers to just let her sleep instead of entertaining her. but I need to keep her to a schedule for a reason!!

hope all of you are doing ok!

going back to work really sucks. I miss my baby, I am so tired, utterly spent... lucky mums here still at home with their babies! enjoy and cherish the time

June2012

hey all,

too busy with work and baby. tooooooo tired. exhausted.

ahwang: infant care let my baby sleep, take such long naps, and delayed her feedings by 1+ hours, even 2 hours. then when I brought her home, she's awake. she went to sleep as usual after her bath, but she woke up 3 times!! first night she woke up twice!! I was sooooo tired at work. sigh. so I told the teachers there to STICK TO THE TIMING for the feeds (i.e. no longer than 4 hours!!), and to keep her naps to maximum 1.5hours. it was better last night. I was initally so upset that they just let her sleep. jeez, of course it's easier for the teachers to just let her sleep instead of entertaining her. but I need to keep her to a schedule for a reason!!

hope all of you are doing ok!

going back to work really sucks. I miss my baby, I am so tired, utterly spent... lucky mums here still at home with their babies! enjoy and cherish the time

Hi Reiann,
Totally agree and understand how you feel. I miss my baby too and keep wondering whether she is doing fine at home. Feel guillty for not being able to spend time with her and attend to her needs. But we, working mums, have to stay strong. Jia You!

justamom

Gg bk Aft cny.. nw cherishing the moments w my boy in the Same bed snoozing till late..thereafter no more unless pathetic weekends...
Jiayou mummies!

ahwang

Hey reiann, hope ur gal is back on schedule. My boy nv slps thru since day one. So been suffering and got used to it. I sometimes have to wake up at 3am and cld not go back to slp after that. Survive with 3-4 Hr of slp daily with no aft naps. I was upset n depressed as u all know. But change my expectations, lifestyle n mentality. Well, welcome to motherhood. Gg back work next monday. Boy in sch, out shopping everyday for cny. Drag gg back to work.

My boy infant care has no fixed schedule. The teachers will go with the flow of the baby tired slp, hungry eat n have activites when awake. When I start work also no schedule for him as it depends on what time we reach mil hse, finish dinner n bring him home. Sometimes he can slp at mil hse n wake up when we carry him and bring.him back. So everyday is unpredictable. Just have to go with his flow. Guess hard to have a routine for working parents with bb in sch. Sigh hope he grow up soon

meltie

hey reiann n ahwang! Jiayou! I hope ur bbs finetune themselves soon!

Ahwang, my bb also doesn't have any routine.. i only know in the day is around 3hrly, evenings can go down to 1.5-2hrly, but thank God for past week she can sleep for 5 hrs after last feed. So i dream feed her at 11pm or 12mn, she can slp till 5/6plus.. but still got exceptions like last night.. 3.20am woke up .. zzzz

Justamom, i'm going back to work on 7th Feb... :p sigh dread it.. i will miss bb loads.. i think she'll miss me more... recently mil n maid came to try to take care of bb for awhile.. failed.. bb refuse to let them carry.. wail n scream non stop for 1.5hrs.. till i cane out of rm and calm her down to slp... sighh gonna keep trying.. i'm shifting to mil place next thurs.. just bring the neccessary along.. the rest of the furniture n stuff will shift when i find new hse or put into storage when the time comes for me to vacate my house ard apr.. so sian n no time to pack... mil keep rushing is to shift .. she got dates to shift and want us to adhere to it.. initially was today! Den next date is next mon.. today bargained with her for more time and it'll be next thurs... I'm down with mastitis , still not feeling v well.. slowly recovering.. supply gone down.. still gotta manage fussy bb.. now gotta find mover n pack.. alone w bb at hone where got time to pack... i hope bb slps longer and better.. she doesn't slp long in the day.. always wake up easily crying.. gotta coax n coax..

Well i dread going back to work and also another part of me kind of wanna regain back my own sanity by going back to wirk where i have some time for myself? mixed feelings.. still thinking if there's a slight chance of not quitting.. but i can nv be 100% assured of mil n maid handling bb.. she can't go for her sgh appts, market n stuff.. i also don't wanna impose in her.. her plan is to help me when i serve notice.. infant care is all full .. hmm maybe i shld go find again.. but still, its not as gd as taking care myself i guess? but i really hope i won't lose my sanity facing bb 24-7 for the next 1-2yrs?

Any mummies weaning? Can share how you do it? how to wean and prevent blocked dicts? i heard can take pill frm doc but my fren says its not gd.. i'm using up my frozen ebm slowly.. pumping lesser .. supply decreasing i think.. going to start FM anytime.. for those giving bb FM only 1 feed a day.. how long can a small tin last? Gotta throw after 3 weeks of opening right?

justamom

Meltie hw cm on 7feb? Juz two days before cny? Shd take cc leave or infant care leave..Which I've extended n no pay leave till aft cny then go bk work..
hws yr recovery? hope u r better..n u have alot of things to do I bet. Shifting shd have loads to pack..btw infant care at west coast do have vacancy if u need..previously I've asked n They still have places..Which I Think dec Was the Last I've inquired.. but Where does ur mil stay?would it b nearby?

fm once opened tin Must throw one month.. that's what I've read at the packaging..

meltie

hey justamom, 7th feb coz i try to go back w/o taking much leave .. so that when i'm back at work can take leave off to come back for ny bb or relieve my mil .. she normally needs to go market, hosp appt, clinic, her singing stuff etc.. i also can be ard more to help out just in case mil n maid cannot handle.. can clear leave when serving notice... :p

my mil stays in telok blangah.. i guess i can let her try n see first.. if not i go find i infant care n keep working? i see my colleagues put bb in infant care and continue to enjoy own time, lunches, movies etc.. dunno i can do that and strike a balance.. but always there's this risk of falling sick and not sure abt the handling.. where's the west coast one u saw? i may just call up n check.. also around telok blangah area one.. coz i confirm shifting next thurs... only bed, cot, bb dresser n neccessary clothes... :p dread shifting.. gonna be facing mil .. leaving this nice serene neighborhood.. leaving freedom of being able to do whatever eat whatever at home w hubby and won't be stared at... mil has started dictating our lives since bb was born coz we both v new to it and living day to day around bb's clock.. sigh i dread being dictated! mil always ask me if i have done this or that, must cover bb, why i nv do this do that... i just act blur live longer.. recently she sort of breathe down our necks abt shifting according to her dates, she wanna run our lives like that.. aiyo i super buay tahan.. she can tell hubby one thing n tell me another.. or ask the same question again.. she always say my answer cannot be trusted.. she only trust my hubby's i guess... oh well .. my hubby n i got talk one loh.. so we know all her pattern... he oso buay tahan.. we just hope can find new hse, renovate n shift out soon! :p but that'll be afew more months down the road... so if u ask me.. if mil n maid can handle bb, i really would like to stay out of hse as much to minimise friction....

meltie

Ya i'm looking at my tin of mamil gold HA formula.. it says discard 3 weeks after opening... how fast do ur babies use up 1 tin if only 1 feed per day? i scared i don't use up fast enough.. end up throw.. sayang..

justamom

Meltie icic abt the leave.. So u haven't decided whether to quit yet? Maybe u try gg bk to work n c hws getting bk n whether u miss char or nt.. if yr mil n maid can take cr will b better than in ifc as not So easily fall sick..telok blangah nt that far So still OK..there shd b some infant cr ard there? But if u r shifting then shd find somewhere nearer to Where u r staying.. with mil..It's always the Same issues..similar They will have lots of advices abt bb.. ifc at west coast -little dolphins.. u go do a search..previously They still have vacancies..

Expiry date..mine previously Was enfalac So it Was one mth..

Lingz12

yeah, previously I use enfalac wen my milk haven come in yet.. threw after 1mth with tons of powder still inside.. sayang lor..

mil issue is all the same.. all e unwanted advice and wanting make us do things their way.. argh!

meltie, u try gg back work see first like justamom said.. if u can tahan being away from charlotte then maybe can consider infantcare.. :D

Piglim

Wah this forum so quiet now... Mummies keep updating ya?
I hv been weaning my son on brown rice purée for the past (coming 2weeks) tml will start with either asparagus or pumpkin purée. Hahha he seems to b enjoying it! So cute! Also bought a high chair from babytown costing me $148. Wanna make my son get into the meals routine. My son is 5mths lor!! Time flies. Been reading up alottttt in preparation for more food to feed him.

My plan as follows;

brown rice 2 wks n continue (and will b mixing white n brown rice)
pumpkin 1 wk
aspagarus 1 wk
Potato 1 wk
sweet potato 1 wk
apple 1 wk
banana 1 wk
Baby carrot 1 wk
cataloupe melon 1 wk
califlower 1 wk

After which will hv mix purée :)

anymore suggestions?

lizzy2101

Piglim hope you gonna give cauliflower to ur bb once reach 6mos up ya? Or else not easy to digest and gassy..asparagus on the other hand for 8 months+ babies.