EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Kary2500

Angel - ive been living with my mil from the time I moved back, and its sooo annoying. My feelings are exactly the same as urs. It feels like she is running our lives. I dont even feel like opening the fridge to take stuff from dere sigh.. now ive come to my parents home for the past two weeks and it feels like home!

Oh and for the fm, im still using the 400 gms tin of enfalac and give fm once a day. Now the tin finishes in about two weeks cos she drinks 7 ounces for that one feed. When I used to give her 4 ounces once in two days/ once a day types it would come for exactly thirty days or one or twp days lesser than the 30 day mark.

Kary2500

Piglim wow u hav it all figured out... Is ur bb able to sit down without support? And how do you feed him with the spoon or bottle feed with a bigger teat?

June2012

Piglim, is your baby being able to sit-up on his own yet? I have also started to mix some cereal into formulae for my baby (4 months+), one feeding per day only and we have to feed her with bottle cos she hasn't been able to sit-up yet. I bought a bebepod boaster seat for her and tried to feed her with spoon, but all spill-out. How do you manage?

ahwang

I'm not sure if my boy is having development milestone at 4mths. But read there is a 4mth slp regression. Well he has nv slp thru since day 1 (poor mummy), so can't really say a slp regression. but he just turned 4mths today n recently mastered the skills of rolling over and seems to keep practising it at night n disturb his slp. How do u all deal with it? Put bolsters around him to prevent him from rolling at night ?

Kary2500

Ahwang mine has been doin the same thing. She rolls on to her tummy and sleeps but last night she also tried rollin back to her back and because she was not able to always get back on her back she kept crying. She keeps turning around 360 degrees in bed and needs so much space, cos if something interrupts her from moving she wakes up crying.

For the past three nights she has hardly slept wakes up every two hours and keeps disturbing me all the time. Last night i sat in bed crying cos i was so sleep deprived.

ahwang

Oh kary me too. Since day 1 I was slp deprived till almost depression. Until I nowadays insomia can't go back to slp. My boy has never given me a gd nit slp. Such a handful naughty fellow. he wakes up every 1.5 - 2 Hr recently due to all the rolling, tossing etc. Always cry for help to get him back. Don't know to cry or laugh . So wonder how u mummies deal with this stage

linl1n84

Lizzy: how to make the broccoli??
Just brought my girl for injection, she cried like mad, I felt so sad seeing she cried. She is only 6.48kg in 16weeks, think abit skinny is it??
Meltie: I also back to work on 7feb, dun feel like going to work leh, siamzzzzz, counting down now :(((
I also staying with in laws and nowadays I tried to keep baby with me in room as long as I can, dun feel like bring bb out for mil to take care :(

reiann

haha Kary and Ahwang: my baby too! hm maybe that's why she's been suddenly waking up at night crying? unlike Ahwang's baby, mine did sleep through the night consistently from less than 2 months. I thought it's cos of infant care and me returning to work, making her wake up. but there was once I went to her when she was crying at 2am - cos she was on her tummy and couldn't flip back! haha. I found it amusing only the next morning after having some coffee.

she rotates around the crib.. sometimes ending up perpendicular, getting her feet stuck, crying out..
she's flipping about more now.

just have to suck it up I guess! what to do.

ahwang

Hi reiann, ur ger leg got stuck ! Maybe its time to put bumper matt ? I Just requested my in laws to make a breathable bumper matt aft I found out there are selling it outside but quite expensive, so diy instead. it allows ventilation n won't afraid bb suffocate.

Piglim

Oh lizzy thanks for the information will slowly progress to those more difficult to digest food when he reaches 6 mths (exactly 1 month from now) so having to test feed him each food for a wk I think more than enough time to reach that stage. Haha yes my son can sit without support Le. He is 5 mths today but of cos need the back rest n the harness safety belt just in case he slips. He can't sit on his own without back rest though.

kary I feed my son using the baby spoon from Philip avent. I read that it's not good to bottle feed Cos will cause something. Can't remember what problem. N they stated that its very dangerous to do that. Since u r starting weaning n ur baby can't sit up yet just make sure ur cereal is really watery (add more breastmilk)

just to show u, this is how I feed my son :) n he is really enjoying it :)

View attachment 97440

Angpq

Hi mummies,

My gal like to scratch her leg, hand and stomach when clothes are removed and during shower time. She even scratch us when we carried her. Why she like to scratch herself? Sometime, she even scratch till blood seen. I feel so heart pain to see her scratch marks on her leg n hand. To prevent her from scratching, I make her wear long sleeve clothes n long pant. Any mummies can advice me?

justamom

Angpq:752606 said:
Hi mummies,

My gal like to scratch her leg, hand and stomach when clothes are removed and during shower time. She even scratch us when we carried her. Why she like to scratch herself? Sometime, she even scratch till blood seen. I feel so heart pain to see her scratch marks on her leg n hand. To prevent her from scratching, I make her wear long sleeve clothes n long pant. Any mummies can advice me?
Does she has eczema? or dry skin that makes her itch? if So have to apply moisturizer ..if too dry will b itchy..

Angpq

She used to have dry skin, but after lotion is applied. Her skin getting better, but don't know why she will scratch once the clothes are removed/changed. Sometime don't feel like she is itchy, she seem to like to touch and scratch around. I will put more moisturizer and see how it goes.

meltie

Lizzy: how to make the broccoli??
Just brought my girl for injection, she cried like mad, I felt so sad seeing she cried. She is only 6.48kg in 16weeks, think abit skinny is it??
Meltie: I also back to work on 7feb, dont feel like going to work , siamzzzzz, counting down now :(((
I also staying with in laws and nowadays I tried to keep baby with me in room as long as I can, dont feel like bring baby out for mother in law to take care :(
Hey Lin, same i'm counting down.. gonna get bz shifting house this thurs.. and also worried if my mil n maid can handle bb.. she seems to only want me.. will wail n scream when don't see me..

My bb is 17 Weeks and only ard 5.2kg last measured afew weeks ago! I guess she's alot skinnier n shorter than ur gal... she doesn't have chunks on her legs n arms... :p only chubby parts are her cheeks and thighs... even tummy is flat.. heaviest part of body is her head... :p v heavy to support to bathe and feed milk.. lol

Reiann, yea my bb does her 360deg turn v fast now.. just look away and she's upside down .... sometimes legs get stuck between the bars too... i'm wondering if i should put bumper on the sude facing me.. can't see her frm my bed at night if its fenced up... :p she hasn't flipped yet!

justamom

Mummies here..hw do u manage to express for bb's next feed?I find no time at all..meltie or kary? are there times when bb is being looked after then u will express for nx feed?

Lingz12

justamom, wen I was home alone with my girl during maternity leave, I express as soon as my girl sleeps.. it helps tat she almost always nap after every feed.. sometimes 15min, sometimes 30min.. if she wakes before I'm done, will try holding e pump with one hand and pat or distract her with toys with the other hand.. if she is inconsolable and has to be carried, I jus stop pumping and put the milk aside.. wen she's calmed down and distracted, I continue pumping again..

Kary2500

Mummies here..hw do u manage to express for bb's next feed?I find no time at all..meltie or kary? are there times when bb is being looked after then u will express for nx feed?
Justamom - I hardly used to pump before only in the mornings on days when I went out. Now lately because its becoming alot more difficult to latch her, I pump in the morning at around 6, then again at 10:30 and after that I just latch let her drink how much ever she wants even though I know shes not drinking much. Then I pump again in the night like after 10:30 and keep that in the fridge for one of the feeds the next day. But I dont pump and store always cos its just too difficult and more over I am at home so dont need to.

reiann

Justamum; I pump while baby is feeding. First feed of the day, breasts more milk, so baby only needs to feed one side. I pump the other breast simultaneously. If I'm at work, I'll pump second feed. If not, I'll pump while baby is latching. The best way to achieve let down and get more milk