EDD (September 2009)

Hey girls,
Who are still on total breastfeeding now?
Does your baby zzz straight after feeding?
I am having difficulty coping with highly alert baby.. yawnz

pigletif

Hey girls,
i am half bf. will give FM at nite but bb hyper active at nite.. give FM also won't sleep... eyes big big like marble. .

newbie2009

How many mum here are on total breastfeed? I am still giving my baby total breast milk. so far have not been taking any formula milk. Baby is coping well, except there will be times when he needs to be fed every hour. Btw any total breast feeding mum having problem with baby not poo-ing?

i am half bf. will give FM at nite but baby hyper active at nite.. give FM also won't sleep... eyes big big like marble. .
Pigletif, but your baby does zz right after feeding in the day right? Mine is like once in a blue moon like today...*fingers crossed* I can be like carrying & rocking him for like 6 hrs..feed carry feed carry till I am expert at carrying him in one arm and doing other things with the other. :S
How you coax him to sleep at night then?
Any tips?

newbie2009

Pigletif, but your baby does zz right after feeding in the day right? Mine is like once in a blue moon like today...*fingers crossed* I can be like carrying & rocking him for like 6 hours..feed carry feed carry till I am expert at carrying him in one arm and doing other things with the other. :S
How you coax him to sleep at night then?
Any tips?
I am not sure about other babies. However mine see to sleep better and longer when he is sleeping on his tummy.

Jerlene

Now my little one doesn't seem to slp so much. can stay awake for few hrs.. But always wan to be carried on the arms. And i discover that she can fell aslp when slping on her tummy when i carried her.

I am not sure about other babies. However mine see to sleep better and longer when he is sleeping on his tummy.
Hi newbie2009. Mi not on bf already. My girl sleeps better on her tummy too , way past feeding time, she just give me a 'do not disturd' look. I simply wait for her to wail for her feed.

Now my little one doesn't seem to sleep so much. can stay awake for few hours.. But always want to be carried on the arms. And i discover that she can fell aslp when sleeping on her tummy when i carried her.
Hi jerlene, maybe u can try to let her slp on tummy on your bed. Be sure u on bed with her. Turn her head Gently every 30 or 45 mins n careful on her nose. My girl sleep on her tummy in the afternoon n on her back at nite.

SexyFlor

Hi newbie2009. Mi not on bf already. My girl sleeps better on her tummy too , way past feeding time, she just give me a 'do not disturd' look. I simply wait for her to wail for her feed.
My boy can sleep longer in the nite.. sometimes pass one of the feeding time at 3am.. he will get up ard 6am...

newbie2009

Hi jerlene, maybe you can try to let her sleep on tummy on your bed. Be sure you on bed with her. Turn her head Gently every 30 or 45 mins n careful on her nose. My girl sleep on her tummy in the afternoon n on her back at nite.
I noticed that my baby is starting to move in bed. I can place him vertically on the bed, the next time i see him, he is already sleeping at a 90deg angle. Very worried that my baby will soon try to turn in bed.

My baby prefers to be carried upright. He does not like to be carried lying down.

I noticed that my baby is starting to move in bed. I can place him vertically on the bed, the next time i see him, he is already sleeping at a 90deg angle. Very worried that my baby will soon try to turn in bed.

My baby prefers to be carried upright. He does not like to be carried lying down.
My girl too, prefered to carried uprite. She allow only lying down when feeding time.

newbie2009

My girl too, prefered to carried uprite. She allow only lying down when feeding time.
Initially I am very worried about carrying my baby upright. His head and neck is quite strong. There are times when he will wrestle with me using his head.

How are you coping with your baby girl? u looking after by yourself?

Jerlene

Same here. My gal likes to carry uprite.. her head and neck quite strong. I tried to put her on her tummy and she can actually support her head. But not long.

Initially I am very worried about carrying my baby upright. His head and neck is quite strong. There are times when he will wrestle with me using his head.

How are you coping with your baby girl? you looking after by yourself?
hi hi, I'm taking care of my girl myself n hse chores done by mil. Tho is tedious but I try to make it enjoyable.

Hey girls,
hi all...im having trouble waking up my baby after she fed on 1 breast...usually she will suck for about 10-15mins..den she will fall asleep....any idea how to wake her up? usually after 1 breast i will need to spend like 20mins and she wun wake up...but i noe she is not full yet....sometimes i will change her diaper to wake her up.....

Tried to place him on his tummy, he just lift his head up, flexed his legs, moan then cry...How do you girls do it?
Carry in your arms till baby fall asleep then put baby on his belly?
I bunk baby with hubby & me the last couple nights and he went without feeding for 4hrs. A blessing in a way, but do you girls know if that will affect the milk supply? Baby feeds 2 to 3hrs in the day from 6/7am to 1am though.

Btw, I am on total bf too..No constipation prob. I think if your baby poos 4 or 5 times a day, yellow mustardy like, grainy, you should be fine. Mine poos more than that. Almost during or after every feed.

Looks like there's a lot of strong babies in here. Strong neck, turning..mine too!! =)
My mum was so astonished to see how 'advanced' baby is..
I think it must be all the prenatal vits that the gynae prescribe us?
Lol!

hi all...im having trouble waking up my baby after she fed on 1 breast...usually she will suck for about 10-15mins..then she will fall asleep....any idea how to wake her up? usually after 1 breast i will need to spend like 20mins and she wun wake up...but i know she is not full yet....sometimes i will change her diaper to wake her up.....
Hi Felicissimo, It is possible that baby can be full on 1 breast though. I read that some mums feed with one and alternate with another at the next feeding. It happens to me sometimes that baby doze off during feeding. I will tickle his cheek/chin/do the scalp exercise, flex his arms & legs, burp him & change his diaper..If he still looks 'drunk' & drifts back to sleep, I will just let him be. Usually mine will wake once I put him in his crib..Else he will wake in the next 1/2hr or so to feed again. So you can say I am almost feeding almost every hour at times. Mum say I spoil him, but I rather feed on demand then on schedule..But of course, there are times that he only wake after 2/3hrs after dozing off. Mm...