EDD (September 2009)

Tricia

My baby seems frustrated too! Her hands are moving and legs kicking everywhere... last night she woke up at 11pm for feed and refused to sleep till 4am!!... yup, she sleeps a lot in the day... sigh.. not sure how to change her day and night ....

Ah.. you have to try to keep your baby stay awake in the day as much as possible. You have to try and observe what can wake your baby....

For mine, let him lying on the floor or changing his diaper, do wake him up..
Sometime his 2 KoKo wake him up as they were playing so loudly..
Or bring her down for a walk after 1 of her afternoon feed.
Or try to entertain her after her shower till next feed. Normally if you can let her stay awake for 2 hours in the daytime twice in 1 day, I believe she will able to sleep longer at nite..

I will let my son stay awake after his shower time (after 9am feed) till abt 1030am or 11am, then will make him sleep using the sarong. He will wake up again to drink milk at 12pm, normally after that he will sleep straight away.

Then will try to let him stay awake again after the 6pm feed till 730pm..

His feeding time are fixed. 1st feed in morning 6am, then 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm and last feed for the day 11pm...

I will try to stick to this timing, only allow him to drink half an hour earlier or later from the fixed time. Eg. if he cry at 1130am, I will feed him but not earlier than that.. or he sleep till 1230pm and still have not wake up, I will feed him with him sleeping and drinking.

At nite, he will normally wake up at 3am or 4am, but i will not feed him i will juxt put him at the sarong and shake him till 6am then feed him..
Normally, they will be trained after a while.
Started his training last week, now he wake up near to 5am so I am perserving...

Stan

Tricia mummy, i am trying to keep her awake too.. not easy!!.. in the meantime also try to establish her bed time routine... if not when i go bk to work i will be in trouble!!

angela22

dear all

there is a philips sales gg on. maybe you all can go down and take alot at advent items..

Philips Carnival Sale on 7-8 Nov 9-6pm @ Lor 620A Lor 1 Toa Payoh

babymiki2003

how old is your kiddy? how much is your baby drinking at night?

he's going 9 weeks, im cant tell how much he drinks as he latches on but during his first month he will latch for 15 mins and sleep for 3 hours.

now he's latching for abt 10 mins and sleep for 2 hours...his bottle feeding in the day is 60ml every 2 hours, this resulted from his colic a couple of weeks back

Jerlene

Dear All

I have a problem. My baby recently changed her drinking habit. She seem to take in milk after 4 hrs. If we feed her exactly at 3 hrs, she refused to drink and cry. Not sure wat happen. and she has been quite cranky lately. Not sure wat happen. is it colic???

Hi cyanidebaby

not sure are you interested in my medela (Swing) electric pump.
I have stop bf and will not have any more baby so thinking to sell away the pump.
You can try it and see whether you like and suitable or not..
Want to let go at $100.
Thanks for the offer Tricia but I think I will prolly stick to Avent as I am already using avent products for storage n feeding. =)

Dear All

I have a problem. My baby recently changed her drinking habit. She seem to take in milk after 4 hours. If we feed her exactly at 3 hours, she refused to drink and cry. Not sure what happen. and she has been quite cranky lately. Not sure what happen. is it colic???
From what I see it, your one lucky mum. Isn't it better that your girl is feeding in between longer intervals? I wish my baby does the same. dont't think it's colic. Colic babies usually cry for hours non-stop for no aparent reason.

Colic-Overview

Just my 2 cents of thoughts =)

newbie2009

he's going 9 weeks, im cant tell how much he drinks as he latches on but during his first month he will latch for 15 mins and sleep for 3 hours.

now he's latching for about 10 mins and sleep for 2 hours...his bottle feeding in the day is 60ml every 2 hours, this resulted from his colic a couple of weeks back
Generally as the baby gets older, if your breast is able to letdown fast enough, his latching time should get shorter. That was the advise given to me by my lactation nurse.

newbie2009

Thanks for the offer Tricia but I think I will prolly stick to Avent as I am already using avent products for storage n feeding. =)
Its probably a good idea to stick to Avent. I believe you should have bought quite alot of products from Avent. If you change to another brand, chances you might need to change the bottles too.

Btw did you go for the Philips Carnival Sale last weekend?

Its probably a good idea to stick to Avent. I believe you should have bought quite alot of products from Avent. If you change to another brand, chances you might need to change the bottles too.

Btw did you go for the Philips Carnival Sale last weekend?
Nope din go...was already too late when I learnt about it.
Btw are you using avent bottles for feeding? Have you changed to the teat with bigger hole yet? Me still using the teat with smallest opening...oops

newbie2009

Nope did not go...was already too late when I learnt about it.
Btw are you using avent bottles for feeding? Have you changed to the teat with bigger hole yet? Me still using the teat with smallest opening...oops
Yes I am using Avent bottles.

I have accidentally used the teats with 2 holes (bigger holes), and my baby did not complain about the faster flow. Currently I am alternating the teats between the single hole and two hole teats.

newbie2009

How many Sept mum has send your baby for immunization? Sent my baby on the 6th Nov for jab. Ended up having slight fever for 2 days. haiz.

Btw how tall and heavy are your babies? My baby weight has reached the 97%, while his height is among the 90%.

How many Sept mum has send your baby for immunization? Sent my baby on the 6th Nov for jab. Ended up having slight fever for 2 days. sigh.

Btw how tall and heavy are your babies? My baby weight has reached the 97%, while his height is among the 90%.
Which jab did you send your baby for?
Your baby should be 2mths old now? Abit early for the DPT jab that causes slight fever.
So what's your son's current height & weight? Are you looking at the health booklet chart for the percentage? I feel it's not that accurate for the 1st few mths, the curves are too close to one another. But, 90% over, that just shows your baby has enuff to eat and growing well. Must be a tall macho hunk in the future =)

Hahah.. what about to shopping?
I've brought my son out a few times already.
Twice for his checkup, twice for my checkup.
Nearby shops a few times just to stroll
T3 to eat Popeye's (then I realised Tampines also have..grr)
Ran around the island to distribute thank you gifts for my friends (we did not hold a baby shower)
Think the record was 7hrs out. But v tiring cus I am still on total BF & have yet to totally master the skill to bf in public, I had to do it in the car or find quiet corner..abit mafan. He only likes to be carried and he gets fussy. When that happens, nothing can calm him excepts my boobies. *lol*

angela22

I've brought my son out a few times already.
Twice for his checkup, twice for my checkup.
Nearby shops a few times just to stroll
T3 to eat Popeye's (then I realised Tampines also have..grr)
Ran around the island to distribute thank you gifts for my friends (we did not hold a baby shower)
Think the record was 7hrs out. But very tiring cus I am still on total BF & have yet to totally master the skill to bf in public, I had to do it in the car or find quiet corner..abit mafan. He only likes to be carried and he gets fussy. When that happens, nothing can calm him excepts my boobies. *lol*
Where u stay? Wow.. BF in public.. Heehee..
Den when rch home, bb will get cranky mah??

I brought my son out to vivo one sat ard 6pm den back hm before 9pm but the nx day he dun wan to slp abit cranky.. Den last sat i bring him out in the daytime, come back home olso cranky..

BUt i bring him out for few times le. Havent 1 mth already bring him to my checkup and to ntuc.. hehe.. den bb actual 1 mth brg him go pray pray and give cakes to some elderly relatives..

Just tat the recent 2 times get cranky lei..Hais..

Den my mum say bb too small le cannot keep brg out de..