EDD (September 2009)

newbie2009

I think it depends on how you view it. Like for me, i dont introduce pacifer cos worried that he will be dependent on it and might be diffcult to wean off when he grows up. Also my mum didnt give me pacifer when i was young...hahaha Another thing about sucking fingers it that their hands might be dirty and they suck suck and all the germs goes in...hahaha. So i try to clean my son's hand everytime. And aso what if i forgot to bring his pacifer when i go out...might have to get a new one for him. Cos i'm the forgetful type...hahaha

But like some mummies said in the forum, their babies dont want the pacifer when they introduce it to them. Some of the used it to comfort their babies and it works for them when the babies cry. Can search the forum about pacifer, cos some mummies posted on it and they also gave their views on it. So i think it depends on yourself and how you look at it. :001_302:
I agree the part about weaning the baby from the pacifier when he is older. And the other thing is that if he sucks the pacifer he might end up with bug bunny tooth and uneven teeth growth.

And I agree that sucking the hands is less of a hassle. Baby can never forgot to bring his comforting tool with him *hehe*. Then again, there is the issue of dirty, so that is why i am also trying to stop him from sucking his fingers.

newbie2009

hi, my baby already drinks 125ml for over a month..now he gets hungry at 1.5hrs fm 6wks (growth spurts) till now 9wks-old..sometimes k take up to 140ml.

like what another mum has said, he may take in lesser in late afternoon..also, applies to 5-7am..every baby differs..so long as grow n poo..ok then..

but my baby is less than 5kg (weighed 2nd half Nov), lesser than all your babies who drinks as much..just starts alternate with FM n freq is lengthened..
wow your baby is quite small. Did the doc say what percentile is your baby's wt and ht?

Guess smaller baby are alot easier to carry, not so tiring on the hands. Can your baby hold his head up now?

newbie2009

Hi, my baby has got stomach wind since in e first till now, bad esp at night that causes him to vomit during bottle feeding.

did not find Ruyi Oil to be very helpful but do still give 2 times per day after bathing / wiping his body as it cannot be applied too much on them as it's hot.

I either give Ridwind or Woods 2x at night. If he k fart, he is fine altho it irritates him with bad mood like your baby.

Also let him to lie down with his tummy to fart like what e hospital does. He dislikes it and do not know if it's bec he k only hold up his head momentarily.

Or carry him stomach facing stomach for comfort.

Do remember to cover your baby's stomach n keep baby's mouth closed.
so your baby will puke out all the milk when his tummy got wind? so fast my baby merlion his milk 3 times in as many days as he has lived.

newbie2009

Maybe you can try to burp him a few times during your feed. For example if he is drinking about 120ml, you can stop at either for 40ml and try to burp him then continue another 40 ml, burp again then the last 40ml. It does help a bit and wont vomit out so much. My son used to merlion some of his feed when he was around 1mth plus because he drinks his milk very fast. So my pediatrician suggest to burp him in between his feed.

Another thing is to try to move him gently when burping or changing of diaper after feed.
good tip on moving the baby gently and burping baby between feed.

Hi, my baby has got stomach wind since in e first till now, bad esp at night that causes him to vomit during bottle feeding.

did not find Ruyi Oil to be very helpful but do still give 2 times per day after bathing / wiping his body as it cannot be applied too much on them as it's hot.

I either give Ridwind or Woods 2x at night. If he k fart, he is fine altho it irritates him with bad mood like your baby.

Also let him to lie down with his tummy to fart like what e hospital does. He dislikes it and do not know if it's bec he k only hold up his head momentarily.

Or carry him stomach facing stomach for comfort.

Do remember to cover your baby's stomach n keep baby's mouth closed.
thanks imac! so far that was the only nite....till now she is ok already...:) i will also try to massage her tummy...clockwise direction around the belly button for wind in the tummy and anti-clockwise direction for constipation (taught by my massuer)...

wat do u mean like wat the hospital does? you mean she can fart easier while lying on tummy?

joopjoop

thanks imac! so far that was the only nite....till now she is ok already...:) i will also try to massage her tummy...clockwise direction around the belly button for wind in the tummy and anti-clockwise direction for constipation (taught by my massuer)...

what do you mean like what the hospital does? you mean she can fart easier while lying on tummy?
Glad to hear that she is fine now ^^.

About the massage, can tell me more abt it. When we massage around the belly button do we have to use circular motionand move around the belly button or just use both of ur hands to stroke around it. I'm intereste to try it on my boy. Massaging your baby can also be a good bonding time.

For burpin, your might want to positon ur baby in an up right position, chest to chest, then pat him on the back, maybe can lean bac a bit so that the baby's head can rest on ur chest and wont fall backward. I find this way is easier for me to burp him.

Imac

Maybe you can try to burp him a few times during your feed. For example if he is drinking about 120ml, you can stop at either for 40ml and try to burp him then continue another 40 ml, burp again then the last 40ml. It does help a bit and wont vomit out so much. My son used to merlion some of his feed when he was around 1mth plus because he drinks his milk very fast. So my pediatrician suggest to burp him in between his feed.

Another thing is to try to move him gently when burping or changing of diaper after feed.
Hi,

Initially we did this way too but e PD said that it'll give bb a wrong signal that feeding is over :s

After checking around, many ppl does in-bet burp-in so we start again to do so (as e moment pulling out e bottle, he thinks we aint givin him milk n cry for it).

We hv been gentle but just that my bb simply loves to stretch (esp to fart) so much n depends on his mood (altho we will comfort to calm him down).

He has improved since born but at times drink milk too slow, it gets cold n will cause wind again (sometimes half-asleep n we try to stop his milk feeding is so).

Imac

wow your baby is quite small. Did the doc say what percentile is your baby's wt and ht?

Guess smaller baby are alot easier to carry, not so tiring on the hands. Can your baby hold his head up now?
Hi

He did not say so. Will check w him on next f/up. Do u mean small based on his milk current consumption vs weight & height?

Getting harder to carry. Only momentarily so sometimes cause problem when burping.

Imac

what do you mean like what the hospital does? you mean she can fart easier while lying on tummy?
Hi,

fren said hospital does that to bb to get them to fart.

will try e 2 diff direction as started to intro FM ytd (3x FM rest of e feeds BM) n did not poo! :( need to give lotsa water or to identify if friso gold unsuit.

joopjoop

Hi,

friend said hospital does that to baby to get them to fart.

will try e 2 diff direction as started to intro FM ytd (3x FM rest of e feeds breast milk) n did not poo! :( need to give lotsa water or to identify if friso gold unsuit.
not to worry if baby didnt poo, my son sometimes wont poo for 2 or 3 days, then when he poos, its a lot and somemore a few times in a day.

joopjoop

Hi,

Initially we did this way too but e pediatrician said that it'll give baby a wrong signal that feeding is over :s

After checking around, many ppl does in-bet burp-in so we start again to do so (as e moment pulling out e bottle, he thinks we aint givin him milk n cry for it).

We have been gentle but just that my baby simply loves to stretch (esp to fart) so much n depends on his mood (altho we will comfort to calm him down).

He has improved since born but at times drink milk too slow, it gets cold n will cause wind again (sometimes half-asleep n we try to stop his milk feeding is so).
For a start when i try to burp my son halfway through the feed, he also cries when i pull out the bottle, but when i lay him against my chest to burp him, he slowly clams down.

Now he drinks his milk slower andi only burp him at the end of his fee. Sometimes, my son also have actions like he wants to pass gas but cannot get it out which makes him uncomfortable.

newbie2009

Hi

He did not say so. Will check w him on next f/up. Do you mean small based on his milk current consumption vs weight & height?

Getting harder to carry. Only momentarily so sometimes cause problem when burping.
nope the doc will have a chart that will tell him based on which month the baby is at, what is the weight of the baby, they will give you what percentile is your baby at.

Imac

not to worry if baby didnt poo, my son sometimes wont poo for 2 or 3 days, then when he poos, its a lot and somemore a few times in a day.
hi joop,

thanks. sounds like they r just like some adults who dun poo daily..

got to know fm nanny that he poo-ed ytd..haha..n it was alot!! nanny showed us e Niao Pu as she did not hv time to wash it yet :p

Imac

nope the doc will have a chart that will tell him based on which month the baby is at, what is the weight of the baby, they will give you what percentile is your baby at.
hi newbie,

noted n will check w e PD. i guess diff PD of sharing e bb's info.

Imac

Mummies here,

Recently, I've been in a dilemma n guilt over e duration of giving BM to my bb.

I wasn't expecting that bb may not be able to latch on well after they r born n mine belonged to this category.

On 2nd mth n finally, bb finally could latch on (as initially my nipples r too big for his tiny mouth). I was happy as enjoy e precious private bonding moments w him. At least he does not reject taking my aerola.

However, realise that he is quite slow as he needs to be used to it. Later on then know that direct feed is tougher than bottle-feeding.

As i'm someone who has a problem of getting up to direct feed him, I'm afraid of facing e torture when back to work in Jan 2010. Hence, alr considering to stop giving BM n now stocking up e fridge.

On e other hand, I feel guilty for not wanting to supply him for a longer duration. At least till 6mth when he starts weaning. I also wish to latch him on whenever frens encourage me to be persistent n give him more frequency in order for him to get used to e breasts. Then he'll be more efficient as he is more used to e bottles.

HB said that I'm undecisive n altho he said that he is supportive to my decision, I know that he hopes that I k hang on to it n continue e supply. He feels that it's ok for not latching him on n so long as continuing to give him BM, alr done my part.

I start to intro FM in Dec when just started for the nanny to take care of him in e daytime. Back home, am giving him BM.

Now I'm at a stage of guilty-conscience for wanting to give up supplying BM soon n 'self-blame' for not like most of you mums here who persists n continue to latch yr babies :(

Anyone of you here is in a similar situation?

Mummies here,

Recently, I've been in a dilemma n guilt over e duration of giving breast milk to my baby.

I wasn't expecting that baby may not be able to latch on well after they are born n mine belonged to this category.

On 2nd month n finally, baby finally could latch on (as initially my nipples are too big for his tiny mouth). I was happy as enjoy e precious private bonding moments w him. At least he does not reject taking my aerola.

However, realise that he is quite slow as he needs to be used to it. Later on then know that direct feed is tougher than bottle-feeding.

As i'm someone who has a problem of getting up to direct feed him, I'm afraid of facing e torture when back to work in Jan 2010. Hence, already considering to stop giving breast milk n now stocking up e fridge.

On e other hand, I feel guilty for not wanting to supply him for a longer duration. At least till 6mth when he starts weaning. I also wish to latch him on whenever friends encourage me to be persistent n give him more frequency in order for him to get used to e breasts. Then he'll be more efficient as he is more used to e bottles.

husband said that I'm undecisive n altho he said that he is supportive to my decision, I know that he hopes that I k hang on to it n continue e supply. He feels that it's ok for not latching him on n so long as continuing to give him breast milk, already done my part.

I start to intro FM in Dec when just started for the nanny to take care of him in e daytime. Back home, am giving him breast milk.

Now I'm at a stage of guilty-conscience for wanting to give up supplying breast milk soon n 'self-blame' for not like most of you mums here who persists n continue to latch your babies :(

Anyone of you here is in a similar situation?
Hi Imac,

I also face a stage of guilty-conscience for wanting to give up supplying breast milk and "self-blame"...

My boy was born on May 09.. I'm currently 4 months pregnant...

The reason I want to give up is bec I wanted to try for 2nd baby... My boy never did latch and I pump all the way until he is 1 year old...My menses didn't come at all when I was pumping and it's almost impossible to get pregnant bec of no menses..

You may think, your situation is diff from mine... At least I pump for 1 year... But the truth is: I believe most mom go thru guilty conscience when they want to stop (whether it's 1 month, 3 months or even 1 year like me).
Please don't compare yourself with other moms ok? Every mom has got diff situations to cope with.. We just cannot be perfect... How good a mom you are is not measure by the amount of breast milk you give your child... It's your love for your baby that really counts... :) "Hug" God bless...

http://www.pregnology.com

joopjoop

Hi Imac,

Dont feel guilty, u r not alone. Currently, i'm also expressing all the way and I'm feeding m son ebm and seldom latch him on. It's not that my son cant latch, but rather, i feel that this way is better for me as i wont be so stress out. Although most ppl said latcing is the best better than expressing to increase your supply.My milk supply is still enough for my son, i am still trying to increase my supply so that i will have extra to store in the fridge when i start work in Jan 2010.

I think you have to find a way which is suitable for you, so you wont be stress up. If you feel that expressing works better for you than continue with it. Breastmilk is still the best for them now. Dont have to feel guilty about it. Bonding time can be anytime you spend with your baby like changing diaper, bathing your baby, talking and playing too are types of diff bonding you can do with ur baby.

You have a spportive hubby who is spporive of u breastfeeding your baby which is really good. Maybe you can ask ur hubby to help you in the washing and sterlizing of the breast pump when he comes back from work, so u can have a break...hahaha.

Jai You....remember you are not alone :001_302:

joopjoop

hi joop,

thanks. sounds like they are just like some adults who dont poo daily..

got to know fm nanny that he poo-ed ytd..haha..n it was alot!! nanny showed us e Niao Pu as she did not have time to wash it yet :p
Haha...i can understand how you felt whe you heard he poo-ed. When my son didnt poo for two or three days i was also stress up but when he poo-ed, its like Yeah.....you did it. hahahaa

Maybe you can tell your son "Poo Poo needs to come out dont keep it inside" then make te kek sai sound....hahahaha

Imac

Haha...i can understand how you felt whe you heard he poo-ed. When my son didnt poo for two or three days i was also stress up but when he poo-ed, its like Yeah.....you did it. hahahaa

Maybe you can tell your son "Poo Poo needs to come out dont keep it inside" then make te kek sai sound....hahahaha
Hi Joop

He finally poo-ed on Friday once n nanny said that it was alot :p

Then now on wkend back home, I only give him BM n not poo yet.

Wonder if my diet could be also part of e reason as for e past few days (apart fm e initial phase of alternating with FM), my fruit & vege intake reduced alot as was pretty occupied.

Indeed. Noted on yr suggestion n will make e Kek Sai sound :p

Thanks.

Imac

Hi Imac,

Dont feel guilty, you are not alone. Currently, i'm also expressing all the way and I'm feeding m son ebm and seldom latch him on. It's not that my son cant latch, but rather, i feel that this way is better for me as i wont be so stress out. Although most ppl said latcing is the best better than expressing to increase your supply.My milk supply is still enough for my son, i am still trying to increase my supply so that i will have extra to store in the fridge when i start work in Jan 2010.

I think you have to find a way which is suitable for you, so you wont be stress up. If you feel that expressing works better for you than continue with it. Breastmilk is still the best for them now. Dont have to feel guilty about it. Bonding time can be anytime you spend with your baby like changing diaper, bathing your baby, talking and playing too are types of diff bonding you can do with your baby.

You have a spportive hubby who is spporive of you breastfeeding your baby which is really good. Maybe you can ask your hubby to help you in the washing and sterlizing of the breast pump when he comes back from work, so you can have a break...hahaha.

Jai You....remember you are not alone :001_302:
Joop, u r also gg back to work in Jan..same as me :) Indeed now also storing up stocks for him.

In Nov, I let him try e Oct frozen EBM, he did not like it n 'complained' alot.

e metallic smell was alot more than e Nov frozen stocks. I guess partly also due to e v nutritional food taken during confinement in Oct :p Then let him tried Nov frozen stock, he was ok. Hopefully he continues to take it. Else, it'll affect my decision to stop it soon.

Indeed, HB is v supportive n he does alot of assistance for me. Sometimes, I try to reduce his 'burden' as he still needs to work.

Thanks n let's Jia You too :)