EDD September 2013 Mummies

skt

My personal opinion dont't need to take maternity too early, I rather spent more time with baby after born, unless you cannot tahan. I think 1-2 weeks before edd should be ok.

Most first time delivery not so fast, only in case of water bag burst or blood discharge a lot like menstrual then need to rush to hospital immediately.

The worst case just rush to hospital and ask your husband go back to collect your item needed, provided you have da bao ready
Agree. I am not taking maternity leave early. It's also scary to be alone at home waiting. I will rather work in the office where there are colleagues and experienced mummies to support and advise me when I am unsure if I am in labour or not.

Hospital bag is packed and at home. In times of emergency, I have left my husband and my mum's contacts in the office where colleagues will help me call them, husband will rush home take the hospital bag while I am rushed to the hospital to meet up with the husband.

The most important thing to carry is the admission letter which gynae has prepared in advance.

3.9 is really big! My mum also says bigger nicer to carry! Hehe. dont know if is it cause my gynae just wants me to eat less .
yah, 3.9Kg is big... have to be induced.
I haven't dreamt of myself in labour, but I keep dreaming of my husband sneaking out to chill with friends behind my back. LOL! Lots of weird dreams from a pregnant lady.

My hubby cousin in law had her baby girl this jan at 4.17kg!! NaturAl with epidural!! Can you believe it?
heard she put on 21kg or something!
OMG! this's the heaviest I have heard of!! *salute to your relative*

kcws

My doctor did not give me admission letter when I see him during week 36. My next appointment is on week 38. Quite disappointed and regret with KKH doc although mine is private. Feel no difference with subsidize patient as I can't simply change the appointment date, long waiting Q, scan to go different department :( if got emergency, will need to go to 24 hrs clinic/ delivery suite which swing by different doc.

kcws

Hi mummy, any idea of baby full moon celebration? I'm thinking to have a buffet at home or purchase cake voucher.

yanting

My doctor did not give me admission letter when I see him during week 36. My next appointment is on week 38. Quite disappointed and regret with KKH doc although mine is private. Feel no difference with subsidize patient as I can't simply change the appointment date, long waiting Q, scan to go different department :( if got emergency, will need to go to 24 hrs clinic/ delivery suite which swing by different doc.
My doctor also didn't give me admission letter today, 36w4d. Will get it next week.

yanting

There was once I dream of carrying baby home from hospital, but she was wearing blue bodysuit, so I couldn't take photo for her as I wanted to change her clothing to something pink or more girly.. Hehe :p

skt

Dreams about food? haha! I had a few too! But always didn't get to eat them inside my dreams. :shyxxx:

I should be getting my admission letter soon, I heard mostly it is one month before EDD.

kcws: for baby's full month, I am thinking of holding buffet at a chalet. I think it is too cramp in the house, am looking at the double storey chalet with airconditioned living room. It is going to be a private event with immediate relatives and close friends/colleagues, so I am preparing to order return gifts from Sweetest Moments ~ Celebrating your Sweetest Moments with us... .

raoow

I'm also with TPS at KKH! Under Dr June Tan. I'm seeing her next Tues and I'll be 36 weeks 2 days by then. Should I request for the admission letter? Or the appointment booklet is enough? I better go check.

raoow

kcws: I'm deciding between a hotel high tea buffet or borrow a friend's condo function room for the one month.

I'm going to do only one session in the noon for 3 hours. Don't want to be too tired.

I have so many relatives to invite!! Almost 50pax. So will probably have a handful of friends only. Our place too small to have all though the corridor outside have space. But the thought of cleaning up after everyone leaves is so sianz.

Last edited:

kcws

kcws: I'm deciding between a hotel high tea buffet or borrow a friend's condo function room for the one month.

I'm going to do only one session in the noon for 3 hours. Don't want to be too tired.

I have so many relatives to invite!! Almost 50pax. So will probably have a handful of friends only. Our place too small to have all though the corridor outside have space. But the thought of cleaning up after every leaves is so sianz.
Wow, what a big family :)

kcws

I'm also with TPS at KKH! Under Dr June Tan. I'm seeing her next Tues and I'll be 36 weeks 2 days by then. Should I request for the admission letter? Or the appointment booklet is enough? I better go check.
Have you sign up their package? I just notice that we can sign up the package n pay up the deposit if we decided to give birth there. So when due, just bring the paper to delivery suite. Not sure whether still need the admission letter from doc. You may find out more info at the admission department at level 1.
BTW, private only can choose A1 (1 bedded) or B1+(4bedded). If choose, B2+ n below, will be deliver by doc on duty, not the doc that we seeing.

raoow

Have you sign up their package? I just notice that we can sign up the package n pay up the deposit if we decided to give birth there. So when due, just bring the paper to delivery suite. Not sure whether still need the admission letter from doc. You may find out more info at the admission department at level 1.
BTW, private only can choose A1 (1 bedded) or B1+(4bedded). If choose, B2+ n below, will be deliver by doc on duty, not the doc that we seeing.
Ooh! I'll go check it out next Tues. Thanks! I intend to go A1 ward then my hubby can stay with me. If baby needs to be warded to ICU ( touch wood!! ), we can still downgrade to B1 ward for baby then not so expensive.

Have you decided which ward you intend to go to?

kcws

Ooh! I'll go check it out next Tues. Thanks! I intend to go A1 ward then my hubby can stay with me. If baby needs to be warded to ICU ( touch wood!! ), we can still downgrade to B1 ward for baby then not so expensive.

Have you decided which ward you intend to go to?
I can't decided. Just worry about the bill if baby need to be warded cos I have GDM n Group B Streps :( Will ask about downgrading issue on next appointment at week 38. Hopefully baby stay put till then :p