Education Savings Plan

noelsmum

There are some people like me. Ask plenty of questions and then need maybe a year to process and then will buy. But I buy clothes, bags and shoes very fast. No need to think. But like these stuff, I need time to think. If no time to listen to my questions and wait, it's ok, there are others that would like my money. Plus the insurance wasn't cheap. It was like US$3000 for a year!

Qian1984

going to stay there permanently or? i just came back from HK last month, love the weather there.. Lol u seemed v SIAN of your job, are u a singaporean? marry HK? kpo~

noelsmum

Not sure how long we're going to be here. What started as a 2 year stint is long 5 years long. Well, comparing to teaching in Spore, I like teaching in HK heaps better. Not really sian of my job. I think I need my holidays soon! I'm a Sporean and hubby is also a Sporean. I moved her to work first and he subsequently got a job here.

MsKoh1973

Not sure how long we're going to be here. What started as a 2 year stint is long 5 years long. Well, comparing to teaching in Spore, I like teaching in HK heaps better. Not really sian of my job. I think I need my holidays soon! I'm a Sporean and hubby is also a Sporean. I moved her to work first and he subsequently got a job here.
Side track abit hor, I thinking of going to HK, wats the good time to go for sales? Any hotel near MTR?

noelsmum

I think the summer sales should start around the 3rd week of June. But during this time, the weather can be awful. It's hot and humid and then sometimes it's rainy with a chance of typhoon too. But June is still ok. Typhoon normally starts in July. I must say that the sales is better in HK than Spore. But strong SIN$ makes it even cheaper here. And there's no GST or any form of tax.

MsKoh1973

I think the summer sales should start around the 3rd week of June. But during this time, the weather can be awful. It's hot and humid and then sometimes it's rainy with a chance of typhoon too. But June is still ok. Typhoon normally starts in July. I must say that the sales is better in HK than Spore. But strong SIN$ makes it even cheaper here. And there's no GST or any form of tax.
thanks, but i v scare of heat, year end got sales? should be more cooling by then

noelsmum

the miumiu there much cheaper than in sg! chanel oso cheaper!
That's right! Actually, everything cheaper. My sis comes here to buy her cameras. Most branded bags are cheaper. LV's cheaper here too. I think maybe by SIN$100 or 200. Prada as well. My mum said that she saved about SIN$300 when she bought her bag.

noelsmum

children and ladies and teenages, anything cute,cheap, nice lor. cos now not working, hope to do some online store to generate some income.
In that case, you can come any time. Go to places like Sham Shui Po and Cheung Sha Wan, they have wholesale or cheap toys, clothes and stuff for kids.

Triquetra

wah i cannot. i see things must buy, end up always no $. now got bb gal inside worst! Gals got so many things i can buy! Lol~

Hmm.. actually u must compare apple to apple lah, your that 11years prudential endowment is not our highest interest rate plan yet, so if you compare this apple with the orange in TM, then you will feel shortchanged becos they are of different plans. They hv changed names, i think now is called TM Nest Egg (Cash) where u can get cash back every couple yrs. Btw i just saw your NTUC thingy.. Alamak, 40+ still can get annuity plans from other cos, for Prudential, up to age 60 oso can, not only NTUC have lah.. hehe

like i said, similar plans in mkt usually doesn't make a significant difference (unless tt co. dun hv), most of the time is about the service, whether the FA can be with you throughout ur entire life journey, be there for u when u need any claims Choy! at ur finger tips, to customise according to your needs. but if u ask me, whatever plans that is always cheapest in the mkt will always be NTUC lah, but u must minus away some customer service, downtime + comprehensiveness of coverage.

*ignore/pardon/correct me if i talk too direct, pregnant v lazy to think and rephrase my words, but i m not targeting at any co. just some few cents worth. :p
What is annuity plan?

Qian1984

What is annuity plan?

Hi babe, yup like wat storm blessed said. But there are oso partial annuity that can let u pay monthly instead of lump sum then pay u $ back monthly after retirement age.. But most of my clients prefer lump sum instead of monthly payout aft retirement, cos amt will nt b tt significant for monthly, hence they rather buy endowments in sets or yearly, then can get payout on yearly basis, collect oso happier. Hee