Egg Yolk

Carol

When to introduce egg yolks ? I read from some websites that it's ok to introduce from 6 months onwards . And it's actually gd for the brain if yoiu start early . But from the weaning book I got , First Foods , it recommends to introduce only aft 9 months .

stonston

be careful when into egg yolks cos sometimes still have some egg white inside n bb might b allergic...

stonston

In your opinion when is it advisable to inrouduce ?
i am waiting for 9mths then give...

if wanna give, best is boil e whole egg first...then peel off the egg white in big chunks....peel off e outer membrane on e yolk (be careful not to mix with any egg white)...then can mash e yolk with milk n cereal or mix into porridge :)

maine78

When to introduce egg yolks ? I read from some websites that it's ok to introduce from 6 months onwards . And it's actually gd for the brain if yoiu start early . But from the weaning book I got , First Foods , it recommends to introduce only aft 9 months .
oh 9mths then can give? oops i just my ds egg yolk mix w porriage yest n today. Think i stop giving. Thanks carol for the info

Agnes Josephine

oh 9mths then can give? oops i just my ds egg yolk mix w porriage yest n today. Think i stop giving. Thanks carol for the info

ya, even PD & doctors from polyclinics also advise to give egg yolk after 9 months & egg white after 1 year old (to see if got allergy) before taking the MMR...

maine78

ya, even PD & doctors from polyclinics also advise to give egg yolk after 9 months & egg white after 1 year old (to see if got allergy) before taking the MMR...
then i better observe ds if he got allergy these few days coz i've been giving him egg yolk for 2continuous day

Carol

You're welcome . No worries . Just observe to play safe . I think he'll be fine :001_302:

MummyGrace

Hi,
I agree with u.. but each time u can only giv 1/2(scrap it) spoon of the egg yolk and egg white after 1 yr old. Best is you can buy newborn egg esp if u lived near choa chu kang, there is a far mart. The eggs are all very fresh. :Dancing_wub:Even veg too.

charmaine

i gave after 9mths old.
and introduce 1/4 and gradually increase.

gave as hard boil and add to porridge or u can steam the egg yolk and give