Egg yolk

annie

hi mummies, can share how u all make egg yolk for your bb? i wanna try to into my girl egg yolk.. do u all seperate the yolk n white before cooking or after or both ways also ok? then wat good recipe can we make with egg yolk? how do u feed them the yolks? mix into porridge?

snowbear

hi mummies, can share how you all make egg yolk for your baby? i wanna try to into my girl egg yolk.. do you all seperate the yolk and white before cooking or after or both ways also ok? then what good recipe can we make with egg yolk? how do you feed them the yolks? mix into porridge?
I usually give her hard-boiled egg (separate the yolk from the white after boiling it). She eats the yolk as it is and hates me to mash it into other food like porridge. You can try mixing it into the porridge and see if she likes it though. Every baby's different. If i scramble the egg then i will remove the egg yolk from the white before cooking it.

annie

ooh.. mm.. hard boil one very creamy.. haha. wonder how my girl will take to it.. i cant give her as finger food cos im sure she will crush it up! got to try to mix into her porridge or give her via spoon as snack..

autumn82

Whenever I give Iggy the hard boiled egg yolk, he will eat until vomit. Doesn't take well.. But he likes the soft boiled eggs.. Erm.. Together wif egg white.. :tlaugh:

crystal79

Hi Mummies,

How do i feed my daughter with whole boiled egg?? cos now she is turning 1 years old liao... got to feed her with whole egg... do i need to feed her separately (mix the egg yolk with milk and cut the egg white in pcs) ?? Pls advise ... Thanks.

annie

actually i was thinking maybe u can make her egg sandwiches hee. mashed up the whole eggs n then make it into sandwiches? if she can take wheat la. or can give it to her as finger food.. cut the whites n yolks into cubes n let her eat herself.. or if she can manage.. give her the whole hard boil eggs to eat lor. or mix into porridge?

snowbear

Hi Mummies,

How do i feed my daughter with whole boiled egg?? cos now she is turning 1 years old ... got to feed her with whole egg... do i need to feed her separately (mix the egg yolk with milk and cut the egg white in pcs) ?? Pls advise ... Thanks.
No need to feed separately... After i intro the whole egg to alicia, i let her crack the hard-boiled egg with me then after peeling off the shell, i let her bite the egg directly. hehe... But when you intro egg white for the first time just give a wee little bit for a few days in case got allergy.

annie

yah thats the most convenient way. another way i thought of is to crack the whole egg into porridge lor. then stir in.. maybe easier to eat.. i tried giving my girl egg yolk today n she gags on it lol. think too dry.. n very messy.. think i shall crack the egg yolk into her porridge next time..

autumn82

yah thats the most convenient way. another way i thought of is to crack the whole egg into porridge . then stir in.. maybe easier to eat.. i tried giving my girl egg yolk today and she gags on it lol. think too dry.. and very messy.. think i shall crack the egg yolk into her porridge next time..
I tried cooking the egg yolk with the porridge few days back.. Heh. Taste nice.. :)

annie

really?? i was just about to post n say i cooked egg yolk today with porridge n it seems so yucky! lol. the whole porridge turns yellow n super sticky.. makes me wonder weather the yolk has been fully cook or not lol. how u cook it? just beat up the yolk n pour into the porridge n stir it in while continuing the cooking of the porridge?

i am thinking maybe i shall boil up the egg first, bring out the yolk then sprinkle into the cooked porridge next time.. maybe not that disgusting? hehe

autumn82

really?? i was just about to post and say i cooked egg yolk today with porridge and it seems so yucky! lol. the whole porridge turns yellow and super sticky.. makes me wonder weather the yolk has been fully cook or not lol. how you cook it? just beat up the yolk and pour into the porridge and stir it in while continuing the cooking of the porridge?

i am thinking maybe i shall boil up the egg first, bring out the yolk then sprinkle into the cooked porridge next time.. maybe not that disgusting? hehe
:tlaugh:Oh yeah, it is supposed to turn yellow. :p I jus put the egg into the porridge and stir it until cook.

If hard boiled yolk also can. Depends on how you like it. Jus put the egg like how we take congee add egg.. :001_302:

annie

yah thats wat i did... but end up look disgusting lol. u put only egg yolk? no white?

annie

actually i dunno she likes it or not.. she ate it though she never finish it. these few days she haven been eating alot again. think teething. she has 2-3 teeth coming out..

CanCanMum

hi mummies, can share how you all make egg yolk for your baby? i wanna try to into my girl egg yolk.. do you all seperate the yolk and white before cooking or after or both ways also ok? then what good recipe can we make with egg yolk? how do you feed them the yolks? mix into porridge?
i mix it into the baby cereal

or give it plain

but its quite dry so muz be careful of choking

only give egg white after one year old.

crystal79

:tlaugh:Oh yeah, it is supposed to turn yellow. :p I just put the egg into the porridge and stir it until cook.

If hard boiled yolk also can. Depends on how you like it. just put the egg like how we take congee add egg.. :001_302:
Today i tried cracking the whole egg into the porridge and stir it until cook... my gal seems to like it and she finished all the porridge too... :001_302: