Egg Yolk

isabelandrew

I commented that my bb is not growing in height.
PD recommended to give my 14mth cooked egg yolk?

Anyone does it? Can share with me and the frequency?
Does it have to be organic?

apollo

I commented that my baby is not growing in height.
pediatrician recommended to give my 14mth cooked egg yolk?

Anyone does it? Can share with me and the frequency?
Does it have to be organic?
actu babies can start taking egg yollk from 8mth onwards. ds just started taking egg yolk from 9mth old. at 1st we let him take 4 days straight to test for allergy. aft tt ard once a week/fortnight cos he dun really lik..

dun hav to be organic, in fact i dun feel there's a nd to gif my baby everything in organic =)

Gumi

I've started to feed my ds egg yolk around 7mth plus and yes I also let him try for 4 days for allergy purposes.
Until now, I still let him take it 4 times a week cos he likes it.
I've also just started egg white as he has already turn 1 years' old..but after observing his reaction, I'm holding on to it till next month, I don see any rashes or adverse reaction though, but I notice that he will have slight cough and abit of running nose on the day of trying out and to play safe, I hold on to the white.
I did not give my son organic eggs, but I gave him those with omega 3 & 6.

isabelandrew

hi mummies, thanks for replying. how did u give egg yolk?
i would imgaine cook in hot water? actually how i know if it is fully cook? Pai seh - nvr cook hard boiled before...
mashed the egg yolk rt?

diymummy

hi mummies, thanks for replying. how did you give egg yolk?
i would imgaine cook in hot water? actually how i know if it is fully cook? Pai seh - never cook hard boiled before...
mashed the egg yolk right?
Put raw egg without breaking shell in boiling water for 10-15min

Peel away the shell and white, mash the egg yolk and feed.

meiteoh

I give either as hard boiled or as omelette or scrambled.

Hard boiled is easier to separate the yolk from the white. For omelette or scambled eggs, I'll make a hole on the top of the egg and carefully drain off the white before putting the yolk in another bowl.

For hard boil, I'll mix it with plain yogurt OR vegetable puree. For omelette or scrambled, I'll pan fry without oil and some added cheese (for now). Am planning to add pre-cooked veg to it this weekend for Eva's lunch. :)

isabelandrew

I give either as hard boiled or as omelette or scrambled.

Hard boiled is easier to separate the yolk from the white. For omelette or scambled eggs, I'll make a hole on the top of the egg and carefully drain off the white before putting the yolk in another bowl.

For hard boil, I'll mix it with plain yogurt OR vegetable puree. For omelette or scrambled, I'll pan fry without oil and some added cheese (for now). Am planning to add pre-cooked veg to it this weekend for Eva's lunch. :)
curious - why egg white cannot ah?

meiteoh

Egg white is highly allergenic so when you want to intro eggs, you need to intro the yolk first, not the entire egg. If your baby develops a rash, you'll know that it's to the white or the yolk.

Egg yolks can be intro-ed to younger babies (around 8 mths) and egg whites to babies older than 12 months who are already okay with the yolks.

isabelandrew

Egg white is highly allergenic so when you want to intro eggs, you need to intro the yolk first, not the entire egg. If your baby develops a rash, you'll know that it's to the white or the yolk.

Egg yolks can be intro-ed to younger babies (around 8 mths) and egg whites to babies older than 12 months who are already okay with the yolks.
oic, tnx! :)

joan~mummy

i heard fm my sis-in-law that we shd nt intro eggs too early cos nw eggs r different fm last time, there r alot of chemicals added to it. Not sure hw much truth there is to it. but to be on the safe side maybe i might try organic eggs... :we2unsure: but where can i find organic eggs?