epidural..with backaches

After my c-section with the use of epidural, i have a sharp back pain for weeks...I wonder is it due to the epidural...wondering does anyone share the same pain as me.

apollo

i dun think is due to epi. i had c-sect GA, my back and even shoulder were in pain for 2-3 weeks aft giving birth, i dunno y either.. haha..

i dont think is due to epi. i had c-sect GA, my back and even shoulder were in pain for 2-3 weeks after giving birth, i dont know y either.. haha..
Ya lor...i even cry...as so painful...don't even have the strength to carry baby...then i so upset.

huh... really ??

going to have c-section with epidural coming monday night at Mt.A..

bb's head no turn and have to go for c-section...

apollo

Ya ...i even cry...as so painful...dont't even have the strength to carry baby...then i so upset.
huh... really ??

going to have c-section with epidural coming monday night at Mt.A..

baby's head no turn and have to go for c-section...
for me, i think is becos during confinement, i didnt really rest. i wanted to do almost everything for ds, so i often bend down to his cot and play with him, carry him.. and i use laptop on my bed, posture not good!!! :tlaugh:

nurman02

yes, apollo is right. me too, taook epidural but due to not much resting during confinement (a lot of bendings and carrying), i suffered backache... to relief it, i just massage with heat cream/oil...

Verona's

yes, apollo is right. me too, taook epidural but due to not much resting during confinement (a lot of bendings and carrying), i suffered backache... to relief it, i just massage with heat cream/oil...
for me, i think is becos during confinement, i didnt really rest. i wanted to do almost everything for dear son, so i often bend down to his cot and play with him, carry him.. and i use laptop on my bed, posture not good!!! :tlaugh:

Yes same here , i was pumping like mad for the first month & having backaches afetr that , i can't bent down for long now , should really rest well during confinement :) I had c-sect with epi ~

Yes same here , i was pumping like mad for the first month & having backaches afetr that , i can't bent down for long now , should really rest well during confinement :) I had c-sect with epi ~
Ya..my confineman lady not good one...every morning 7am oclock will pass the baby for me to carry till 12oclock..as baby don't want to sleep on the bed. then the confineman lady went market..then come back don't know prepare lunch till late 12pm. sigh..
I put "salonpas" relief pain patches lor.

izanyzam

It's been almost 8months since my epi while delivering my boy...And once a while,my back will ache esp at d part where they injected the epi..Abt 2 months ago,i had to take MC coz i cant stand up when i woke up to get ready for work..And now for the past 3 days,i've been having that same achy feeling at my back and it has spread to the sides of my hips..

There are side effects for taking epi..But in this case,it happens to me..Maybe for other mummies,they're not affected.. :001_302:

It's been almost 8months since my epi while delivering my boy...And once a while,my back will ache esp at d part where they injected the epi..about 2 months ago,i had to take MC coz i cant stand up when i woke up to get ready for work..And now for the past 3 days,i've been having that same achy feeling at my back and it has spread to the sides of my hips..

There are side effects for taking epi..But in this case,it happens to me..Maybe for other mummies,they're not affected.. :001_302:
Wow man, yours sound serious...mine not pain now anymore..except the ache from bending to hold my boy to walk.. recently started using walker.

meiteoh

I had a backache after delivering but I read that it was mostly due to the fact that the body is realigning itself. During pregnancy, we carry ourselves differently from before we are pregnant so some ache is normal. It went away after a few weeks but I was careful to take care of my back during my confinement - the fact that I had c-sec helped (no heavy lifting and etc). No more back aches.

Personally, if it has been over 6 mths and you still have a back ache, you should see a chiropractor or a doc regarding the pains. It's just not normal to have prolonged pain anywhere!

I had a backache after delivering but I read that it was mostly due to the fact that the body is realigning itself. During pregnancy, we carry ourselves differently from before we are pregnant so some ache is normal. It went away after a few weeks but I was careful to take care of my back during my confinement - the fact that I had c-sec helped (no heavy lifting and etc). No more back aches.

Personally, if it has been over 6 mths and you still have a back ache, you should see a chiropractor or a doc regarding the pains. It's just not normal to have prolonged pain anywhere!
Ya you are right..i almost forget that i also read somewhere...that the body is realigning plus recovery from the heavy stress for 9+ months..thanks for the reminder.

Talking about aches...my two knee cap & ankle like loose after giving birth...any slight twist...like going to drop out or sprain...kind of scary...but after i went jogging after 8 months giving birth...now strengthen ok liao..

Last edited: