Epidural?

jojoki

haha i think its like rubbery smell or something.. so long ago liaos.. i dont rmb.. only know its smelly!:nah:
ehhhh I LOOOOOVEEEEE the laughing gas leh.... i couldnt bare to part with it.. hahha! the feeling like very very high! haha. u noe i took epidural when i am around 7-8 cm dilated leh so boh liao hor...if i noe i already so buka i wont take it. When I had the needle inserted I was quite in pain di.. the whole head sweating like pig.... but i kept inhaling the laughing gas n told myself to stay still. As i took the jab while in seating position leaning against my hubby, I told him in my drowsiness "Lou kung, please stay VERY VERY STILL!! DON"T MOVE AT ALL!! If you move me, i can go paralyze! " hahaha the doctor also laughed and said " you did your homework eh!"

Anyway I took epi at 11.45am and bb came out at 1:10pm.

canisque

ehhhh I LOOOOOVEEEEE the laughing gas leh.... i couldnt bare to part with it.. hahha! the feeling like very very high! haha. u noe i took epidural when i am around 7-8 cm dilated leh so boh liao hor...if i noe i already so buka i wont take it. When I had the needle inserted I was quite in pain di.. the whole head sweating like pig.... but i kept inhaling the laughing gas n told myself to stay still. As i took the jab while in seating position leaning against my hubby, I told him in my drowsiness "Lou kung, please stay VERY VERY STILL!! DON"T MOVE AT ALL!! If you move me, i can go paralyze! " hahaha the doctor also laughed and said " you did your homework eh!"

Anyway I took epi at 11.45am and bb came out at 1:10pm.
seems like the laughing gas works for you but how come last min you ask for epi?

canisque

during the 8hrs, doc keep asking me if i feel pain but i keep saying no feeling. but after he inject the med into the drip to induce me, the pain comes almost immediately! then clear my bowels.. tats crazy... lol
You mean the induce makes you clear bowels or the doc should hv given a med for you to clear bowels earlier on? I'm concern about this clearing bowels part too!!

angelwendy

wow this fri's the day?
jiayou angel mummy!
Yup this fri i will admit myself @ 2am... hee...:001_302::001_302: thanks to all mummy that add oil for me k.... hee... i hope i can cope in the delivery....

Last edited:

angelwendy

Hi all Mummy that try the laughing gas.... i got one very funny & silly question to ask.... :err: if my nose is half blocked ... due to my flu.. can i still take laughing gas??? haha... this question have been in my mind since my flu start....

Hi all Mummy that try the laughing gas.... i got one very funny & silly question to ask.... :err: if my nose is half blocked ... due to my flu.. can i still take laughing gas??? haha... this question have been in my mind since my flu start....

Like what Cancanmum says, the nurse will ask you open mouth big big and INHALE! :001_302:
Hope it works for u den u can save $$ not to go for epidural.

But do let your gynae or the nurses know if you have flu.

All the best and do share with us good news soon!

Littlemoomoo

k1180n

Alpha Male
Hi, i have attended talks by O&G, epidural is very safe right? So why is it that you die die also want to avoid epidural?

allycat

Perhaps its bcos some people said epidural will cause backache. But personally I feel that backache is caused by poor posture, rather than the epidural.

soapsoap

Hi, i have attended talks by O&G, epidural is very safe right? So why is it that you die die also want to avoid epidural?

actually it quite safe but there still some chance that u will get backach due to the injection not done properly.

if u go read up there are some research done oversea to show that there is still some side effect on some women

lekdao

My gynae told me the side effect is 30% chances that we may suffer from backache when we get old.

bbgal_2010

i'm having the side effect of tis epidural as it said that it oni happen in 1 out of 1000.But i'm the "sway" one...numbness remain up till now...been almost a month...went for MRI one of my nerve was accidentally jabbed wif epidural and i will have tis effect for 1/2 yr at least..that was wad the orthpedic doc told me.=(
But i have no regrets on jabbing tis epidural....