exclusive pumping

Jojoai

Hi mummies , if I don't pump for 2feed the next pump I'm able to pump 2feeds. If I continue doing this will my supply drop or will I need to pump every 3 hours still ?

You have to pump more times so that your body knows that you need more milk. I'll say cont to pump every 3 hours. What you get from that 2 pump is temporary. If you continue to miss pumps, your supply will eventually drop.

Jojoai

Okay. Thanks mummies ! Are you exclusively pumping ? I always have dried milk on my nipple. Do you guys have ? How to remove ?

bibikoh

I m pumping exclusively. How old is ur lo? I use wet cotton balls to remove the dried milk with cotton swabs... quite disgusting sometimes... lol

I'm pumping exclusively too. My baby is 45 days old. I usually use water to rub. If you wet cotton or tissue to rub after every pumping session, there would not be so much dried milk on the nipple.

for the first few weeks, it is important to pump on a 24 hour clock. low supply mums definitely need to pump more often as compare to those with lots of supply. so u decide:)

the more u pump, empty your breast , the more milk yr body will make.

I dont know if i should give up. I have try all means to increase supply but no results. Tried fenugreek, pump round 24hrs, etc. Max i can pump is 50ml from both sides on good days, otherwise only 20ml.

u can try to latch baby on to promote milk supply. after that, can pump balance .
it takes time , it can take weeks to see result. i hope u have more patience and try again:)

Jojoai

You can try latch then pump. Or get nursing tea. Fenugreek no use for me but nursing tea works well ! And till now pumping 24 hours. My boy is coming 4 months ! And I'm finally able to latchhhh!!!

Maybe i should try latching. Cos my girl refuses to latch so i pump exclusively and it is not helping. But she is going to be 1 MO soon. Is it too late to try to latch cos she is so used to bottle feeding.

Anyway thanks for all the assurance. Really need it now

misspiiggy,
flow for bottle feed ia faster compare to latch. so if u are handling a hungry baby, she might get frustrated, once she cry, u will be at loss and turn to bottle again.

i assume you know her feeding schedule now? if yes, latch her on before she start crying for milk, let her get used to yr breast . u may try

and i agree nursing tea like Sacred tea works for me too.

I dont have enough milk. So i have to topup with formula. Now i am having another problem. She managed to latch on last night but when i try to feed her formula, she fusses. I guess she got confused over the teat and nipple. Sigh

vel

I dont know if i should give up. I have try all means to increase supply but no results. Tried fenugreek, pump round 24hrs, etc. Max i can pump is 50ml from both sides on good days, otherwise only 20ml.
My baby is 2 weeks old and I'm facing the same situation . Currently doing exclusive pump , I try to pump 2hr . However during night time I only manage to wake at 3am and miss the next round till 9am . I did manage to get 50ml once and that was it . Otherwise most of the time I'm only getting 20ml to 30ml . My baby is feeding 80ml every 3hrs , I got to pump 3 times to manage a bottle feed , so this is very discouraging . I only had papaya soup daily currently , have not tried other supplements .

Where to get fenugreek ?

My baby is 2 weeks old and I'm facing the same situation . Currently doing exclusive pump , I try to pump 2hr . However during night time I only manage to wake at 3am and miss the next round till 9am . I did manage to get 50ml once and that was it . Otherwise most of the time I'm only getting 20ml to 30ml . My baby is feeding 80ml every 3hrs , I got to pump 3 times to manage a bottle feed , so this is very discouraging . I only had papaya soup daily currently , have not tried other supplements .

Where to get fenugreek ?
Exact same situation. Recently with my friends encouragement, i started to try to latch her again. It is tough and she will cry like hell but she latches. My supply increases from 20ml to 50ml each side. Though not much but it is a good start. Maybe u should try to latch too.

I got my fenugeek from GNC

vel

Exact same situation. Recently with my friends encouragement, i started to try to latch her again. It is tough and she will cry like hell but she latches. My supply increases from 20ml to 50ml each side. Though not much but it is a good start. Maybe u should try to latch too.

I got my fenugeek from GNC
Thanks miss piggy I will definite try on latch again. I bought the gnc fenugreek this morning , had one pill . It seems to give me some side effect I had some gastric like pain for a while