Face Problems

koala82

Oh..it must have been an emotional surprise for you.

It is.

But lucky thing i managed to wriggle my way out to buy boy's clothing for my son's full month celebration. (I dun like those design which my MIL bought.. very 老土):wong29:

allycat

It is.

But lucky thing i managed to wriggle my way out to buy boy's clothing for my son's full month celebration. (I dun like those design which my MIL bought.. very 老土):wong29:
can try online purchase. i've been enjoying online purchase since my preg with quan

Nisah

hi...mummy...during ur pregnancy ur hormones will change thats y...u r having face problems...bt u cant apply any creams as u r pregnant...but for me i applied the banana skin on my face it will remove the impurities in ur face...may b u can try that toooo...dun get depressed bcoz of ur face as it will affect ur pregnancy...take care!:err:

Nisah

hi...mummy...during your pregnancy your hormones will change thats y...you r having face problems...bt you cant apply any creams as you r pregnant...but for me i applied the banana skin on my face it will remove the impurities in your face...may b you can try that toooo...dont get depressed bcoz of your face as it will affect your pregnancy...take care!:err:

allycat

hi...mummy...during ur pregnancy ur hormones will change thats y...u r having face problems...bt u cant apply any creams as u r pregnant...but for me i applied the banana skin on my face it will remove the impurities in ur face...may b u can try that toooo...dun get depressed bcoz of ur face as it will affect ur pregnancy...take care!:err:
U stopped all your skin care? I continued the use of my usual skin care during my pregnancies...

DELvy

I just went to my gynae ytd, waited for 4 hours! Cos I was a walk-in patient. Anyway, the rashes on my body are spreading like some diseases. I itch till I can't sleep at night. My gynae told me that I am allergic to the hormones change. It's not uncommon, but it usually affects pregnant women at a later stage (30th week and above). I am only into my 17th week! She gave me a bottle of calamine lotion and 2 oral medication. She said it will help to improve the condition, but most likely it will not go away until I give birth :tsad:
I just hope that the spreading stops here, not all the way to my face.

allycat

I just went to my gynae ytd, waited for 4 hours! Cos I was a walk-in patient. Anyway, the rashes on my body are spreading like some diseases. I itch till I can't sleep at night. My gynae told me that I am allergic to the hormones change. It's not uncommon, but it usually affects pregnant women at a later stage (30th week and above). I am only into my 17th week! She gave me a bottle of calamine lotion and 2 oral medication. She said it will help to improve the condition, but most likely it will not go away until I give birth :tsad:
I just hope that the spreading stops here, not all the way to my face.
So the aloe gel didint help?

DELvy

Aloe helped to sooth a bit of the itch at the beginning. But the itch and rashes just got worse by spreading lor. So no choice..sigh..

blackpiggy

i think its ok to go for facial. i'm still going for my basic facial as usual, just no more using machines and no more massages on the shoulders. Cleansing at home no change too, same toner, moisturizer and sunblock.. only thing is that I don't put on make-up to work anymore, can't stand my lipstick and makeup remover smell..:001_302:

allycat

Aloe helped to sooth a bit of the itch at the beginning. But the itch and rashes just got worse by spreading lor. So no choice..sigh..
Poor thing... I had that kind of rash when I was pregnant with Wen. It lasted till I gave birth.

DELvy

My gosh...it lasted till birth. You must have had a terrible itch. I cannot imagine myself having to endure for the next 5 months.:embarrassed:

Hi mommies!! Yup,Its all hormonal. My face became dry and i discovered plenty of warts on my neck. Im on my 20th week. I do not put anything on my face since moisturizers tend to have small amounts of steroids, retin A on most of them that are harmful to our babies especially in our first trimester of pregnancy. I just drink plenty of water, and eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Do away with chocolates, coffee and carbonated drinks.

allycat

My gosh...it lasted till birth. You must have had a terrible itch. I cannot imagine myself having to endure for the next 5 months.:embarrassed:
Ya. The itch was so bad then that it affected my sleep... Lucky its all over now :D :D

sassandspice

Hi..any mummies have the same problems as me...?I'm in my 22 weeks already and my face have alot of clogged pores/whiteheads..Before my pregnancy i do not have all these problems eg oily skin and clogged pores.I'ved tried diff facial wash,mosturisers but doesnt seems to works.Seeing my face like this makes me very depressed(at nite will cry when thinking about it) and does not feel like going out..Have thought of going to facial...but heard old folks saying cant go..Pls advise..thanks..:tsad:
Hi missymic!

I'm 18 weeks and have been experiencing terrible whiteheads - worst than I have ever experienced! I thought it was eczema because it was also itchy so I went to see a dermatologist who advised there was nothing he could do until I give birth. However, he prescribed some creams (Sulfur and Salicylic acid) and that is drying out my whiteheads and my skin is improving! :Dancing_wub:So my advice is to see the experts (i.e. Dermatologist) as there is no point in being miserable about it if you can do something to change it and make your pregnancy experience a lot more enjoyable!

Hi missymic!

I'm 18 weeks and have been experiencing terrible whiteheads - worst than I have ever experienced! I thought it was eczema because it was also itchy so I went to see a dermatologist who advised there was nothing he could do until I give birth. However, he prescribed some creams (Sulfur and Salicylic acid) and that is drying out my whiteheads and my skin is improving! :Dancing_wub:So my advice is to see the experts (i.e. Dermatologist) as there is no point in being miserable about it if you can do something to change it and make your pregnancy experience a lot more enjoyable!
I read that salicylic acid are not suppose to use during pregnant?

Safe skin care during pregnancy | BabyCenter

sassandspice

Yeah that is what I thought too, but my dermatologist said it should be fine (as it is a small dosage mixed with other ingredients and only for a small area) and he prescribed it to me.

In that link you provided it says salicylic acid used orally or used topically as a peel (higher dosage I assume) should best be avoided.

pregbee

hi hi
13 wks gynae say its a boy, 16 cant identify cos baby shy,,, so now waiting for 20 weeks for detailed scan. but based on wht is happening to my body- clored pores, pimple and tummy turned hairy,,, will be a boy due to his testerone homones.... it is true?

maneo0302

Hi mummies. I also apply the same day and night cream, as well as eye cream on my face. I never heard that its not advisable to do so. Some people even put on make-up, which i'm rather lazy to do. Is there any problems with this?

Borntaker

My skin used to b quite ok. But nw in my 16th wk i realised my skin turns bad. Alots of whitehead which nv appears b4 preggy. Alot of small dot lik milia seed/oil pores. When i keep rubbing, it will turn into lik pimple. Haii.. i kw this is all hormone changes. Ve to bear with it. My tummy oso growing hair. I reali think all mummies r so noble. We sacrific so much jus to ve a healthy bb.