Facts about pure edible bird nest

evelyngan

Hi everyone,

I would like to contribute some things that I have learnt when doing some research about bird nest. Basically, I think that bird nest helps in our health and well being due to the composition of the bird nest itself.

According to research, bird nest contains about 53.26% protein (Su et al 1998). In addition, bird nest contains all the eighteen types of amino acid needed by the human body for growth and tissue reparation.

Bird nest also has high content of glycoprotein. According to Kong et al (1986), the protein is recognised to improve immune functions.

Bird nest is also suitable for vegetarians. In fact it provides two types of amino acid which are lysine and tryptophan,that are usually not found in plant proteins.

In a more recent study by Guo et al (2006), edible bird nest is suggested to be a safe natural source in prevention of influenza viruses.

evelyngan

I sell pure Sarawak cave bird nest (white nest) online. I am based in Sarawak. The product is guaranteed to be authentic and not chemically bleached. Pricing in Singapore dollars (inclusive shipping to Singapore) is as below.

10g (2 pcs)- SGD 66
20 g (4 pcs)- SGD 117
30 g (6 pcs)- SGD 169

The bird nest has been reviewed at:
Silverglobe Bird’s Nest « Dine with Annna
Food Blog Malaysia | Kuala Lumpur and Selangor | Dish With Vivien » Invited Review: Silverglobe Bird Nest from Kuching, Sarawak

It is recommended that you check with your country’s customs department prior to purchase.

Do leave a comment or drop me an email at silverglobe@silverglobe.com.my if you are interested and I will get in touch soon :)

Last edited:

jenjenwongws

Hi everyone,

I would like to contribute some things that I have learnt when doing some research about bird nest. Basically, I think that bird nest helps in our health and well being due to the composition of the bird nest itself.

According to research, bird nest contains about 53.26% protein (Su et al 1998). In addition, bird nest contains all the eighteen types of amino acid needed by the human body for growth and tissue reparation.

Bird nest also has high content of glycoprotein. According to Kong et al (1986), the protein is recognised to improve immune functions.

Bird nest is also suitable for vegetarians. In fact it provides two types of amino acid which are lysine and tryptophan,that are usually not found in plant proteins.

In a more recent study by Guo et al (2006), edible bird nest is suggested to be a safe natural source in prevention of influenza viruses.
Thanks for the info. My gynae advised that as long as there are no herbs/tonic intake, pure bird nest is fine, and can start drinking the moment you found out you are pregnant :) haven't start on it yet though...

Hi there,
We offer premium and edible bird's nest from Indonesia at an affordable price to you.
With 20 over years of experience in supplying to various countries including US, Canada, Hong Kong and Singapore, we now would like to bring our products closer to our end customers at an affordable price.

We have a guaranteed quality for our products of free from chemical or other harmful substances. We have supplied various well-known companies across Singapore and now would like to bring our products to our customers.

All our products are readily available in Singapore. Do visit our Facebook page below.
Our minimum order quantity is 100g and I will be more than willing to show our product. Do contact me at 82304337, Dedi Setiawan. In terms of pricing, we can guarantee that we can give you the best price for a premium quality product since no middle man is involved here. Many thanks

Bird's nest station - Info | Facebook