Feedback for Canberra / Endeavour Pri Sch

yumiao

All mummies, what I suggested to other mummies, is to ask around how the principal is. You don't really have to ask how the kids look like or how they feel, especially for a P1 or P2 kid. They normally enjoy the school lives very much. However, when they come to upper level, they will understand in what kind of system, they can learn more.

Kiddomummy, sorry I didn't come to this thread recently. Busy preparing the intensive training on creative writing holiday package. Sending you email now. Cheers!

Last edited:

yumiao

Hi all. I think some of you may know that I am from a tuition centre. Recently another two centres came and looking for cooperation, bcoz I was well known as using of multimedia and IT in teaching. Now, I choose to work with eTutor, which is a tuition centre set up by Zhi Shi Bao (好朋友,知识画报,知识报). And my centre is going to be a branch of them. Soon I will set up new branches in either Punggol/Sengkang area, or Sembawan.

annkarin72

Hi all. I think some of you may know that I am from a tuition centre. Recently another two centres came and looking for cooperation, bcoz I was well known as using of multimedia and IT in teaching. Now, I choose to work with eTutor, which is a tuition centre set up by Zhi Shi Bao (好朋友,知识画报,知识报). And my centre is going to be a branch of them. Soon I will set up new branches in either Punggol/Sengkang area, or Sembawan.

Hi,

May I know where is your tuition centre? Can you email me annkarin72@yahoo.com.sg

Thks
Karin

76esther

Hi hi

i had also heard -ve feedbacks abt canberra pri sch.. seems like the education standard there is quite high.. a lot of spellings and homework.
i will be registering my elder gal in endeavour.. but am afraid will not be able to get a place because it seems to be quite "hot". hope there will not be any balloting for phase 2C.

my elder gal's kindergarten principal told me that most of her last yr's K2 students had studied in endeavor..
heard that the principal of endeavor is a ex-principal of nan qiao sch..
quite a traditional man :eek:)

annkarin72

Hi hi

i had also heard -ve feedbacks about canberra pri sch.. seems like the education standard there is quite high.. a lot of spellings and homework.
i will be registering my elder gal in endeavour.. but am afraid will not be able to get a place because it seems to be quite "hot". hope there will not be any balloting for phase 2C.

my elder gal's kindergarten principal told me that most of her last your's K2 students had studied in endeavor..
Hi my daughter is in Canberra Primary. Surprising she dun hv any homework. All the work was done in sch. I heard friends mention for Endeavour there will be pressure for their chinese and when you start P2.

Cheers

Apple321

My girl is currently in Endeavour Pri. As it is a new school, nbr of students still limited, therefore the discipline is stricter and easier to control. :). Teachers, principal and students are like a big family. I was surprise that principal knows each and every student! =)
I strongly agreed with you. Like this school very much especially the principal, he is always walking around to make sure the sch children and teachers are all in order. He will stand at the gate to make sure the children behave on their way out. And staffs in the office are very nice and friendly to the parents and children. Saw then offer biscutes to children who never eat during recess.

Hope parents dont only look at PSLE result when choosing primary sch. As children are only 7. I think character building and secure environment is more important at this age. What you think of a child who is of excellent exam results but so stress out and dont enjoy study. I think there must be a balance of play and study to have a healthy mind.

yumiao

Hope parents dont only look at PSLE result when choosing primary sch. As children are only 7. I think character building and secure environment is more important at this age. What you think of a child who is of excellent exam results but so stress out and dont enjoy study. I think there must be a balance of play and study to have a healthy mind.
Yes, I worked with him for years. That was a wonderful time. Nowadays it is quite ok if parents are concerned about the result. However, with the healthy school operating system, surely the result will go up. Right? (Like the stock market. :D)

Apple321

heard that it's very very stressful to be studying in Canberra...they gotta learn 50 or 80 words for spelling?? or something like that...

my niece told me that...her neighbour kid's in Canberra...told my niece he wanna jump down from the block ...so stressful study's not fun at all!!!

oh dear nowadays kids so poooooor thing!!
Actually this is not the 1st time I heard this. Wounder if the kids know that there is a councillor in every school to help kids who are stress. These kids are so poor thing:07:

And not all school who set high standard in their test paper have teachers who can teach super well. Maybe that is why parents and kids are so stress, got to sent them for tuition and kids still can't do well.

Really need to score 90-100 for 6 solid yrs in order to do well in PSLE meh?

Apple321

Yes, I worked with him for years. That was a wonderful time. Nowadays it is quite ok if parents are concerned about the result. However, with the healthy school operating system, surely the result will go up. Right? (Like the stock market. :D)
Agreed with you. With the care and love the kids got, they are more willing to try their best and do well in their PSLE. This way is better for the kids in long run.

Just like marathon

Sweet Memory

Dear Mummies & Yumiao,

Thank you for all the feedback & comments. I've decided the school and will register for my son next week.

yumiao

Dear Mummies & Yumiao,

Thank you for all the feedback & comments. I've decided the school and will register for my son next week.
Don't mention it Sweet Memory. I have many students from these two schools. Need any help, just let me know. And I believe the other parents in this forum are also willing to help each other. Good luck.

autumn82

Dear Mummies & Yumiao,

Hi mummy, may I know which sch have u decided on? Endeavour? :001_302: I'm still looking ard for my gal.. *stressed* :tlaugh:

yumiao

Did anyone mention that in Endeavour, all P1 to P4 are taking higher Chinese. However, you don't have to worry too much. From P1 to P4, the so called Higher Chinese is just 深广华文,which has one extra text to train students' comprehension and gain more knowledge. Feel free to ask more for clarification. I also need register for my girl this year. Too bad I just left the service......

autumn82

Did anyone mention that in Endeavour, all P1 to P4 are taking higher Chinese. However, you dont't have to worry too much. From P1 to P4, the so called Higher Chinese is just 深广华文,which has one extra text to train students' comprehension and gain more knowledge. Feel free to ask more for clarification. I also need register for my girl this year. Too bad I just left the service......
:err: So more emphasis placed on chinese for this sch? If that's the case, gotta change my choice... :tlaugh:

yumiao

:err: So more emphasis placed on chinese for this sch? If that's the case, gotta change my choice... :tlaugh:
Yes, that is the vision. Both these two schools also wish to have some achievement in ICT (Infocom Technology, previous called IT). They know that is the future of Singapore, they know the kids should be well prepared. So the kids there may have lots of workload. The key is, you ask around, see whether the kids enjoy their school life. I prefer to ask the upper primary, such as P5 and P6. Then you may have a better understanding of their school lifes. Trust me, being a kids, they don't want to be bored at home either. If there are rich school actitivities, they don't actually mind. Hope this does help you make choice.

autumn82

Yes, that is the vision. Both these two schools also wish to have some achievement in ICT (Infocom Technology, previous called IT). They know that is the future of Singapore, they know the kids should be well prepared. So the kids there may have lots of workload. The key is, you ask around, see whether the kids enjoy their school life. I prefer to ask the upper primary, such as P5 and P6. Then you may have a better understanding of their school lifes. Trust me, being a kids, they dont't want to be bored at home either. If there are rich school actitivities, they dont't actually mind. Hope this does help you make choice.
Thanks mummy yumiao. :) I will consider again... :001_302:

anncare

Hi hi

i had also heard -ve feedbacks about canberra pri sch.. seems like the education standard there is quite high.. a lot of spellings and homework.

my elder gal's kindergarten principal told me that most of her last your's K2 students had studied in endeavor..
my child is in p2 canberra. I think canberra is reflecting on the stress it is giving to its pupils. It is true that last year CA1, they had to learn 70 new words 1.5 weeks b4 their CA1. Out of which 20 are tested. After that horrific experience, I guess feedback from parents, they did not have that anymore. They have a list of 70/80 words for 8 weeks (one term). 15 familiar words will be tested from the lists the children have learnt for the term. Really not that stressful.

Last edited: