feeding for 4months old baby..

mamapapa

has anyone tried FrisoCream for 4months old baby? My baby is 4months old, how many times should i feed him per day? should i feed him in the morning or afternoon? i feed him apple and mango puree, but he dont quite like it.. Pls share ur view. thanks!

Priya Diva

Hi

My bb is 4 mths +. I have tried Frisocream rice based with milk. I only give her one feed in the midafternoon [ 11-12.30] timing .I started with 1 tsp then slowly increased the intake to 3tsp. Then i will top up her feed with 90-120ml of milk. So far my baby is fine with the feeding. But slightly impatient as she finds the spoon feeding very slow when compared to bottle feed. She does manage to finish the food. I have not started with any vege/fruit purees yet.

Which timings do you feed the purees?

shespice

hi, my baby just turned 5 months and I bought the Frisocreme Rice cereal to try. I have not quite started her on it coz wasn't too sure if she is ready.

Do both of your babies already able to sit up on their own? Mine can sit up when i prop her up but she will just slipped down or to her sides hahahah. Was advised to start cereal only if baby can sit up on her own. Any advice?

How much water do you add to 1 tablespoon of the rice cereal? I tried once to add to babies milk and coz its not that thick, she drinks like her normal milk. Do they sort of use their tongue to push out the cereal when you first start to feed cereal?

Priya Diva

Hi

My baby is able to sit on the baby rocker withour slipping to the sides. Of course she is not totally stable yet.

So i just started with cereals. I just give her 3 tsp of cereals. roughly adding 4-6 tsps of water. I make the cereals very thin. She pushed the cereals out of the mouth the 1st day. After feeding her continously, she now opens her mouth anxiously when i bring the spoon to her mouth and is able to swallow slowly the cereals.

I havent started with purees yet!!i need some advice from mums who have started giving their babies.

shespice

hi, thank you for sharing. will try again on the cereal and see how it goes. i was hesitant to try at first coz even when she drinks milk, she sometimes have a reflux.

stonston

mango is a 'sour' fruit. not good to start with it. n it's too fibrous (unless u strained it after puree), not easy for them to digest.

good fruits to start with:
apples, pears, avocado, peach (must find ripe ones), banana :)

good veges to start with:
pumpkin, sweet potato, potato, carrots, etc

cereal is a good option but i skipped it. i prefer exposing my boy to larger variety of fruits n veges :)

Domique

my baby had been rejecting milk. people recommended cereal as well but 4 mths old is it too young. nutritionist said 6mths then intro semi solid food.

has anyone tried FrisoCream for 4months old baby? My baby is 4months old, how many times should i feed him per day? should i feed him in the morning or afternoon? i feed him apple and mango puree, but he dont quite like it.. Pls share ur view. thanks!

CDL

On a side note, how do you deal with the mess? I start off feeding my dd with her wearing a bib and then when food spills on her bib, I remove it, so food then spills on her clothes, her hair, my clothes, my hair, the floor. I end up having to give her a bath - and I'm only feeding her once a day. Can't imagine going through the whole routine twice a day or more.

BTW, my dd is almost 6 mths old and she has 1 meal of 3 tsps of Frisocrem and 3 tsps of Brown Rice Cereal (Moon Rabbit brand).

Anyone with ideas on how to deal with this weaning stage better?

Domique

Hi Priya Diva,

if i were to add cereal into his milk, how much to add? and when to feed?

Hi

My baby is 4 mths +. I have tried Frisocream rice based with milk. I only give her one feed in the midafternoon [ 11-12.30] timing .I started with 1 tsp then slowly increased the intake to 3tsp. Then i will top up her feed with 90-120ml of milk. So far my baby is fine with the feeding. But slightly impatient as she finds the spoon feeding very slow when compared to bottle feed. She does manage to finish the food. I have not started with any vege/fruit purees yet.

Which timings do you feed the purees?

Last edited:

annie

most babies are messy eaters so u got to be mentally prepared to deal with the mess.. u can lay newspapers or wat on the flr around her high chair n then buy those plastic vest bib which she can wear as a clothes during her meal time so she wont dirty her clothes. for her hands, face, hair n yours, nothing much to do bout it lol. i just wipe my girl after every meal.

Priya Diva

Hi Priya Diva,

if i were to add cereal into his milk, how much to add? and when to feed?

Hi Domique

Frisocreme cereal has milk added to it. So what i do is for every 1tsp of frisocrme i add 2 tsp of warm water. After feeding [ in a bowl] my gal the cereal, then i bottle feed her normal milk. I do not add cereals inside the bottle. :wong19:
I only started with cereals after she was 4 mths. That too for one feed at 12pm only. I give FM & BM for all the other feeds, as i feel drinking milk is still very essential at this stage.

Last edited:

BbpHir3

dear daughter's goin 6 mths now.. she've been havin the frisocreme since she turns 4mths.. we made the cereal with 50ml of water, 4 leveled scoops (milk powder scoops) of cereal.. first try she finished it all .. so after a week of 50ml, then i increase 10ml every week till we reached the 100ml mark... throughout the day, she juz drink 3 other milk feeding.. bout 4-hourly.. after the cereal, she can last for bout 5-6 hours b4 asking for her milk, depending on whether she played or sleep...

i feed her before she bath.. 1st meal of the day, something lyk a breakfast to her already.. she started eating laying down, then gradually, we move her to the sitting position.. now, she can sit properly on a high chair/ booster seat to be fed.. i use those kind of plastic bibs.. cuz easier to clean, when the cereal falls onto the bib, i just use wet hankie to wipe (while still feeding..), so she dont have a chance to dirty her hands/ fingers..

hope this helps....

Domique

Thanks Priya Diva for your reply!!

:)

Hi Domique

Frisocreme cereal has milk added to it. So what i do is for every 1tsp of frisocrme i add 2 tsp of warm water. After feeding [ in a bowl] my gal the cereal, then i bottle feed her normal milk. I do not add cereals inside the bottle. :wong19:
I only started with cereals after she was 4 mths. That too for one feed at 12pm only. I give FM & breast milk for all the other feeds, as i feel drinking milk is still very essential at this stage.

Domique

Thanks BbpHir

I stopped feeding him. He has got rashes all over his back. I worry its allegies now. Going to see PD tomolo.

dear daughter's goin 6 mths now.. she've been havin the frisocreme since she turns 4mths.. we made the cereal with 50ml of water, 4 leveled scoops (milk powder scoops) of cereal.. first try she finished it all .. so after a week of 50ml, then i increase 10ml every week till we reached the 100ml mark... throughout the day, she just drink 3 other milk feeding.. bout 4-hourly.. after the cereal, she can last for bout 5-6 hours before asking for her milk, depending on whether she played or sleep...

i feed her before she bath.. 1st meal of the day, something lyk a breakfast to her already.. she started eating laying down, then gradually, we move her to the sitting position.. now, she can sit properly on a high chair/ booster seat to be fed.. i use those kind of plastic bibs.. cuz easier to clean, when the cereal falls onto the bib, i just use wet hankie to wipe (while still feeding..), so she dont have a chance to dirty her hands/ fingers..

hope this helps....

Domique

Tomolo will be a very stress day. Alaric going x-ray due to his sunken chest and after that get he film and go see PD abt the xray and his rashes and also his head skull like till now not close yet.

wish me all the luck and pray for him.

omg.. take care and do update us on it k. hopefully everything's fine

annie

sunken chest? my girl now 7mths her skull also haven close wor. think not so fast de leh. as in her front part... i heard till 1yr plus then close...

wish u luck. do update us k!

jellybnzw

Anyone got any idea where to buy frisocreme? I don't seem to notice it at any of the supermarts that I go too. Either that or I am really blind!

But can anyone also explain how does frisocreme work to mix with milk or cereal? I bought the Nestle brown rice cereal, do I need to mix with milk and can I add other things.

BbpHir3

Anyone got any idea where to buy frisocreme? I dont't seem to notice it at any of the supermarts that I go too. Either that or I am really blind!

But can anyone also explain how does frisocreme work to mix with milk or cereal? I bought the Nestle brown rice cereal, do I need to mix with milk and can I add other things.
Frisocreme: Most NTUC have it.. no need add anything.. add water will do.. den if u wanna add other food inside oso can (e.g fish, fruits, veg..

i'm receiving my Nestle goodie bag tml.. lol.. so can only tell u wat to do only when i receive it.. :001_302:..

FYI, introduce one type of food at a time.. lyk fish for a week... den the week after then try carrots etc etc...