Feeding Rice & Soup...

autumn82

Hi all mummies,

I just started AGAIN (coz he didn't take it well the last time), feeding Iggy with rice & soup today. He took 1hr to finish the soup with 1/2 bowl of rice, carrots, shredded chicken & egg. He didn't reject it but he was awfully slow. Is it normal?

I'm asking this coz I'm freaking out feeding him for SOOO LONG.. He usually finishes his 1&1/2bowl of porridge within 10-15mins. :001_302:

I dread feeding for that long, any good methods to "fasten" the process? And how long do you usually feed your toddler for rice & soup?? :001_302:

CanCanMum

baObei i fed baber tat time took 1.5hours

coz they r learning to chew instead of juz swallow (cereal/porridge) becoz of the solid bits inside.

AND its a NEW FOOD!!! So hes excited and wants to try~~~

so gonna take some time to get used to it.

autumn82

baObei i fed baber that time took 1.5hours

coz they are learning to chew instead of just swallow (cereal/porridge) becoz of the solid bits inside.

AND its a NEW FOOD!!! So hes excited and wants to try~~~

so gonna take some time to get used to it.
U're right baObei.. Sorry guys, think I was too gan chiong about it. :shyxxx:

:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Just now, he finished his dinner within 20mins. :001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302:

thepinkdot

no worries la.. my dd 3 yrs old liao can take up to 45 minutes to finish rice + soup.. it doesnt get easier..

autumn82

no worries .. my dear daughter 3 yrs old can take up to 45 minutes to finish rice + soup.. it doesnt get easier..
Even up to today, Belle takes the fastest 30 mins to finish up her plate of rice. But she's feeding herself, so that's the diff.

I dread feeding for soo long, no patience.. :embarrassed:

Queenbabe

Even up to today, Belle takes the fastest 30 mins to finish up her plate of rice. But she's feeding herself, so that's the diff.

I dread feeding for soo long, no patience.. :embarrassed:
Who have patience hahaha... imagine i work in childcare lastime not feeding only one child:eek:

But dear gong xi gong xi... iggy can finish so fast..

autumn82

Who have patience hahaha... imagine i work in childcare lastime not feeding only one child:eek:

Thanks thanks.. I hope he continues this fast though. Wahahahah :p

Tot of giving him macaroni tmr.. Hmm.. Have u tried pasta with tomato base or cream sauce on Xav?

thepinkdot

peifu! my daughter was the slowest eater in the group.. the teachers bth her.. LOL!

Ottermum

wow...that day i wanted cook mee suah for Yuzhe but Hubby said no leh....

now he still only takes porridge....no outside food at all...

wow Elaine82 preggy again...congrats wor...:tlaugh:

Queenbabe

wow...that day i wanted cook mee suah for Yuzhe but Hubby said no ....

wow Elaine82 preggy again...congrats ...:tlaugh:
Maybe can use scissors and cut then give him eat? Xavier very greedy sometimes he eat porridge within 1 hour still can drink 300ml of milk zzzzz...

Thanks thanks:001_302: im going to be torture again......

autumn82

In fact, mee sua can start giving from 9-12mths old. If u're afraid of the salt intake, rinse and cook the mee sua in hot water 1st. Then drain and add the soup stock to feed. U have to cut the mee sua to shorten it too. :001_302:

Iggy is also on homecooked food still. No outside food. :) Intend to start him on outside food only at age of 24mths. :001_302::001_302:

autumn82

Tomato sauce dont really dare to put alot of it.... he is greedy pig everything he likes :001_302:
I don't dare to use tomato sauce coz got alot of seasoning in it.. Tot of using those tomatoes then make puree.. Wahahaha. :p

I was wondering if cream sauce taste better than tomato for toddlers...

diymummy

Ottermum, my son coming to 1 year old and also still on porridge. He hardly knows how to chew. Sometimes eat biscuit also will gag. Zzz..

For me, I delay giving him new foods coz his stomach super sensitive. He's allergic to chicken, eggs and carrots. -.-"

Stressful for me.

Ottermum

Ottermum, my son coming to 1 year old and also still on porridge. He hardly knows how to chew. Sometimes eat biscuit also will gag. Zzz..

For me, I delay giving him new foods coz his stomach super sensitive. He's allergic to chicken, eggs and carrots. -.-"

Stressful for me.
Take it easy...don't put too much stress on yourself...

i also intend to only let Yuzhe have outside food at his 24th month...unless he goes childcare at 18th month...