Feel like stopping....

catherlyn

Hi, currently m tbf my ger. She latch on with me sometime pumping out if she only tk 1 side or in morning. I feel like stopping cos I find tat nw when I pump out I don get as much as b4 n also the supply like still low ranging frm 60 to 120. Before she latch I can get up to 150 during my morning pump. After each feed she is able to slp for abt 2 hrs. Nw I'm scare if I ho bk to work I got no supply... So thinking of letting her get use to fm....

camom

That feeling is when you are breastfeeding? Is it followed by faster milk flow? Probably you experienced let downs.

catherlyn

That feeling is when you are breastfeeding? Is it followed by faster milk flow? Probably you experienced let downs.
Actually is always after bf before her next feed... I also tot so but when I go pump sometime only get 30 like tat.... She latch on very frequently from 1 to 2 hrly but I don see my supply increase leh.... I was hoping to c like 200ml or more but till nw the most I got is 150 n tats before she fully latch on

Phoebii Cheng

Mayb that's what she needs at the moment....latching on is based on demand & supply, as ur bb grows her demand will be more so ur supply will be more too....

Maybe she is drinking abt 150ml at the moment frm you......don't worry too much continue to latch ur bb, I took supplement fenugreek to boost my supply, some mummies swear by the papaya soup, some took other supplement

BF is nv easy.....it is hard work, but ultimately ur bb benefits most :tlaugh:

sharonyi66

Yes, agreed that Demand = Supply.

I'm expressing it exclusively since day 1. When my baby drinks only 120ml, my supply too only can pump up to 120ml. Now that my baby has increase her feed to 150ml, my supply also increase to 150ml each pump but it takes time for your body to adjust.

I've gone back to work for about 1 month already and am still giving breast milk for my baby. You'll need to bring the pump, btls, ice pack & cooler bag to work with you and pump it every 2/3 hrsly depend on how often you latch your baby on when at home.

the needle n pin sensation you experience is actually the let down of your milk which it may or may not leak out from your breast.

Dun give up easily, breast milk is the best for baby.

Take care and jia you!!

catherlyn

I too took the tea, papaya soup, lots of fluid etc. I kn bf is gd for her n very much don wan to stop... Maybe cos sometime she is awake after her feed till next feed, my body is tired ba... But till nw every nite she is still waking up 2 hrly for feed n always only took one side n sometime less than 15 mins

camom

Actually is always after bf before her next feed... I also thought so but when I go pump sometime only get 30 like that.... She latch on very frequently from 1 to 2 hrly but I dont see my supply increase .... I was hoping to c like 200ml or more but till now the most I got is 150 n tats before she fully latch on
You pumped right aft you bf? If yes, 30 ml is gd already. You are already making excess fr what your baby needs.

catherlyn

You pumped right after you bf? If yes, 30 ml is good already. You are already making excess fr what your baby needs.
Ya the 30 is after I feed her cos my malay lady said to pump out the side she nv suckle to prevent blockage. So it range from 30 to 90 after feed

beerbelly

catherlyn,

you are doing very well, pls pls dun give up!

your baby drains more from your breast than pumping, so what you measure is probably less then what your baby is drinking.

breast milk is really best for baby....
jia you jia you!!!!!!!:Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:

MaMa_P

Wow Wow Wow!

Really good job done.

If you can mange, do not give up.

I gave up bf after 1 month, too tiring for me as i am the only one looking after my boy. Now i really do regret it.

Jia you!

babymummy

I pump abt 700ml (No latching) when my boy is abt 1.5months old..
2month + , abt 1.3L per day (With latching in midnight)
Now he is 3mths 1 week old, Im pumping avg 1.7L perday..(With latching in midnight)
I think as long as there is demand, there will be supply...
Don give up..
**Now my problem is, i have no space for the breastmilk.. Freezer is extremely full.. Im basically throwing milk everyday .....

catherlyn

Wa so much.... Hw I wish I can c tat in my freezer.... I don knw is it becos I started out late... My ger is only able to fully latch on after her third week as I had sore nipples. Mayb I shall gv myself more time to up the supply? Usually hw long will I c an increase in the supply?