Feeling baby heartbeat & kicks

MrsChia

thanks for the advise. I will be boiling more soup myself the next few weeks... just went to Fu Hua for advise. certain herbs, we have to avoid.
really alot of things to be wary of leh. :shyxxx: not easy being a mum huh...

jia you!!! :Dancing_wub:
wad kind of herbs we need to avoid? i noe those 寒 n 活血 herbs muz avoid only.

littlerat

are most of you all taking tonic very often?
actually until I still did not taking any at all. Only started to take bird nest concentrate now.
What type of tonic are you all taking?
Care to share?
Thanks

MrsChia

actually until I still did not taking any at all. Only started to take bird nest concentrate now.
Care to share?
Thanks
i only took chicken essence n chicken soup:Dancing_biggrin:

eyktay

I gathered this from frens & mums from other forums, HTH:

1) DOUBLE BOILED BLACK CHICKEN WITH PAO SHEN

double-boil black chicken with pao shen (dunno what it is in english) is a must! my MIL says that it will make the bb strong. i strongly believe too.

when i had DS1, MIL made this tonic at least once a month for me after 1st trimester, and DS1 was born at a healthy weight and with no problem during pregnancy at all. when i had DS2, my MIL was working and therefore not so much time to make the soup for me. DS2 had low weight gain during pregnancy and at abt 30weeks, gynae said if the growth rate was any slower, he would suggest taking DS2 out early before stillbirth happens! i quickly increased the tonic intake, and DS2 made it to 8weeks, born at an acceptable weight, but still lighter than DS1.

2) CORDYCEPS (DONG CHONG CAO) WITH CHICKEN & ABALONE

3) GINSENG BLACK CHICKEN

4) HOMEMADE CHICKEN ESSENCE

5) DANG SHEN WITH RED DATES, WOLFBERRIES & HUAI SHAN WITH CHICKEN OR PORK
'dang shen' with red dates, 'gouzi' n 'huai shan' with chicken or pork ribs....build up immune system....

***NOTE***
Note: Never DangGui cannot be taken during Pregnancy.
Promotes blood circulation (excess blood flow to baby may harm the
baby)

Same as Ginseng, Dang Gui
1) Helps to relieve the discomfort of menstruation, good for
pre-menstrual syndrome.

2) Helps to restore balance to woman's hormone and restore menstrual
regularity.

3) Helps to strengthen woman's reproductive system.

4) Helps to relieve menopausal conditions such as hot flushes.

5) Stimulates the production of red blood cells, thus increasing
energy and combating fatigue.

6) Promotes blood circulation and useful for anemia for both male and
female. Helps to lower blood pressure.

madalene

Care to share?
Thanks

me too. i only had birds' nests.
last week, i just tried having one dose of chicken soup last week...
i think have to drink abit la - especially (from wat i heard from medical hall) to replenish Qi. for smoother delivery. me first time mum so need to rely on hearsay and medical hall pple advise. :embarrassed:

madalene

I gathered this from frens & mums from other forums, HTH:

1) DOUBLE BOILED BLACK CHICKEN WITH PAO SHEN

double-boil black chicken with pao shen (dunno what it is in english) is a must! my MIL says that it will make the bb strong. i strongly believe too.

when i had DS1, MIL made this tonic at least once a month for me after 1st trimester, and DS1 was born at a healthy weight and with no problem during pregnancy at all. when i had DS2, my MIL was working and therefore not so much time to make the soup for me. DS2 had low weight gain during pregnancy and at abt 30weeks, gynae said if the growth rate was any slower, he would suggest taking DS2 out early before stillbirth happens! i quickly increased the tonic intake, and DS2 made it to 8weeks, born at an acceptable weight, but still lighter than DS1.

2) CORDYCEPS (DONG CHONG CAO) WITH CHICKEN & ABALONE

3) GINSENG BLACK CHICKEN

4) HOMEMADE CHICKEN ESSENCE

5) DANG SHEN WITH RED DATES, WOLFBERRIES & HUAI SHAN WITH CHICKEN OR PORK
'dang shen' with red dates, 'gouzi' n 'huai shan' with chicken or pork ribs....build up immune system....

***NOTE***
Note: Never DangGui cannot be taken during Pregnancy.
Promotes blood circulation (excess blood flow to baby may harm the
baby)

Same as Ginseng, Dang Gui
1) Helps to relieve the discomfort of menstruation, good for
pre-menstrual syndrome.

2) Helps to restore balance to woman's hormone and restore menstrual
regularity.

3) Helps to strengthen woman's reproductive system.

4) Helps to relieve menopausal conditions such as hot flushes.

5) Stimulates the production of red blood cells, thus increasing
energy and combating fatigue.

6) Promotes blood circulation and useful for anemia for both male and
female. Helps to lower blood pressure.
for the pao sheng black chicken soup, is it only one herb - paosheng?
i heard paosheng is for to replenish Qi too. but not sure, must cook with wat other herbs leh. :nah:

Alamak, i just have the chicken soup with abit dang gui the other day. :embarrassed:

eyktay

i heard paosheng is for to replenish Qi too. but not sure, must cook with wat other herbs leh. :nah:

Alamak, i just have the chicken soup with abit dang gui the other day. :embarrassed:
I think so bah, also not sure, maybe ask medicine hall bah....

annch

Im now into 22wks..I started to feel my baby kick and move since couple wks ago..my dh and I were excited...when I lie down straight my boy will start moving inside..and he will stop whenever i ask my dh to come closer to see his movement..very naughty boy! but this is cute and fun..we do enjoy it :Dancing_wub:

January84

Im now into 22wks..I started to feel my baby kick and move since couple wks ago..my dh and I were excited...when I lie down straight my boy will start moving inside..and he will stop whenever i ask my dh to come closer to see his movement..very naughty boy! but this is cute and fun..we do enjoy it :Dancing_wub:
wpw, so excited fot you... can get your DH to cupped his hands on your tummy and speak to BB, and will recognise dad's voice when born!

January84

hello, I'm in my week 17. How does the baby kick feel like? I dun seem to feel the baby kicking. Any advise?
hi, normally you can feel bb first kicks when u hit wk 20.... its like butterlies and ticklish feeling!

they will respond when u tap on your tummy too. . . or talk and sing to them..

January84

another kind of soup is black beans with pig's tail. very good to both mother and baby. can replace pig's tail with ribs bone. add a few slices of ginger to get rid of wind, no need to much if not later too "spicy" to drink.

this is more simple and no herbs needed as not all herbs are suitable for preggies...

i remember my MIL say cannot have danggui during preggy but i cannot remember the reason. . .

daphnekoh

hi, normally you can feel bb first kicks when u hit wk 20.... its like butterlies and ticklish feeling!

they will respond when u tap on your tummy too. . . or talk and sing to them..
Hi Jan84,
I think I'm beginning to feel the baby kicks. Baby seems to kick more when I'm lying on my side.

serenelm

my baby always kick me when i lie on my back... guess he doesn't like tis position... hahaha... tat said, he's been kicking me more n more often a day... like tis morn, he woke me up at 8am wif his kicking...

klearad

Hee, my baby tends to stop kicking when her daddy place his hand on my stomach.... Im abt 20wks now... Looking forward to the day when I can see the handprint or feetprint.... it will be interesting :)

Yuki Miaka

Ei, so early into 2nd trimester can hear the baby heartbeat meh?? i tried listening on my wife's tummy, cannot hear leh. Only when gynae scan than can hear. Hehe...

i am in my 11 weeks of pregnancy now. I can feel bb heart beat leh... when i press my palm on the tummy and stay quiet.. i feel two different vibration,one is like bullet train, too fast too furious... the other one is normal rate... i ask my hubby to feel it... he cant feel anything -.-"

i heart my bb heartbeat in ultrasond before when i am in my 7 weeks.. it's very fast..

Yuki Miaka

ohhh... u bot dried 1 no wonder u say ex... i bot mine at fu hua. thr's 2 type, 官燕 & 洞燕 heard from e sales person thr say 官燕 got more nutrition. both e price is slightly difference only. i tried both b4 i still prefer 官燕 cos 官燕 taste smoother. everytime i will buy 2 bottles will b over $90(aft 10% member discount) if i dun rem wrong..:mtongue: if no members, slightly over $100 ba.

reali convenient comparing to e dried ones la. i'm having 2 teaspoon a day on morn n b4 zZz:tsmile:
can try buyng from middleman who ship in birdnest from indnesia... even much cheaper.
Eg: one of father's business is birdnest in indonesia... once he harvest birdnest,clean it already, he wil sell it to my auntie in singapore..then she will sell it to her regular customers... most of her regular customers are housewives & some hongkong rich wivies (hongkonger loves birdnest)... everytime they buy is 2 kg - 3 kg birdnest per pack and it's cheaper because she got no rent to pay.

Usually when we buy from those birdnestt shop..they calculate in the packing, the branding & the rent & some other expenses.. so birdnest become expensive.