Fever during pregnancy

shulyn

Hi,

Anyone got fever during pregnancy? I went to see doctor as im having slight fever (37.6) and a bad flu on sunday morning. I was prescripted paracetamol 500mg, required 2 tablets every 6 hours and a flu tablets. I started taking immediately and after a rest, i feel better. Who know fever come back again on mon night, it shoot up to 38.9. My hubby quickly help me call my gynae and she told me to put ice pack on my forehead to reduce the tempertaure, and if condition not well, go back to take the antibiotics as my flames are all greenish...

During pregnancy, doc usually prescribe med not so strong, but im kind of worry to take the antibiotics as i need to complete the whole course, Too much med, i scare not good for my growing bb inside..

January84

yup, I had fever during my first pregnency.

I took plenty of water and fruits to subside the fever instead of pills, although the pills prescribe are safe for pregnency ( im too subborn) I still never take... since what every we take will goes to bb so I did not want to take risk.

shulyn

yup, I had fever during my first pregnency.

I took plenty of water and fruits to subside the fever instead of pills, although the pills prescribe are safe for pregnency ( im too subborn) I still never take... since what every we take will goes to bb so I did not want to take risk.

Thanks Janauary84,

I have been taking med since sun cos if i stop fever will come back. This morning i jus called my gynae and she ask me to start taking antibiotics to stop by fever and block nose as my flames and mucus is all greenish..I also agree try not to take med, but im feeling so weak...Hope everything will be fine...

CanCanMum

if u r feeling weak or canx tahan being sick just take full blown for a day, complete 1 day course of medicine is beta than skip and then take back when the fever and soreness comes back. Dun bother to complete the anti-botics at the moment....(any doctors out there will scold me upside down)

takg 2 or 3 days of the medi shd be fine. Just drink more water. Water has detoxifying effects.

also rest more.

Last edited:

shulyn

if u r feeling weak or canx tahan being sick just take full blown for a day, complete 1 day course of medicine is beta than skip and then take back when the fever and soreness comes back. Dun bother to complete the anti-botics at the moment....(any doctors out there will scold me upside down)

takg 2 or 3 days of the medi shd be fine. Just drink more water. Water has detoxifying effects.

also rest more.
Hi CanCanMum,

Me feeling better, My gynae prescribe a 3 days course antibiotics..Today is the last day for medicine..Just somehow feel guilty for taking all this medicine as my bb inside will be taking it too...

CanCanMum

No worries la, 3 days are ok...anyway our amniotic fluid protects our baby from infections...so will be fine.

Most imp u muz feel well enuff ma...

Last time i was sick 3 times during my pregnancy...2times were coughs + sore throat, once was really really bad diarrhoea and heartburn - oso tok medi for 3 days.

Dun wori ...look forward to yr EDD eh?

shulyn

No worries la, 3 days are ok...anyway our amniotic fluid protects our baby from infections...so will be fine.

Most imp u muz feel well enuff ma...

Last time i was sick 3 times during my pregnancy...2times were coughs + sore throat, once was really really bad diarrhoea and heartburn - oso tok medi for 3 days.

Dun wori ...look forward to yr EDD eh?
Yap! Most importantly is im feeling better, hate to be sick when im pregnant as there is nothing we can do...during tat period, im just feeling lousy that i can't take gd care of myself and cause me to fall sick...

My Edd is approaching soon, 13th Jan 2009..See if doc can advice to induce on 1st Jan 2009 , Happy New Year! Hee:)

January84

Yap! Most importantly is im feeling better, hate to be sick when im pregnant as there is nothing we can do...during tat period, im just feeling lousy that i can't take gd care of myself and cause me to fall sick...

My Edd is approaching soon, 13th Jan 2009..See if doc can advice to induce on 1st Jan 2009 , Happy New Year! Hee:)
aiyo, Shulyn,

same EDD ley... hahaha!!!