Final Countdown

lonerjas

yea i took epi few hrs just before deliver.. I warded in noon around 3plus den induced birth( i wanted no epi intially ) den my induce was slow.. i used 2 pills to induce..the checking for induce is super pain.. while waiting i hv no food and drinks ( prevent shit from dirty the baby, oh they will wanna pump smthing in ass to make u poo all out euuu.. i refused cos i lao sai alrdy) 16 to 17 hrs i finally delivery noon time...

i tink is not that i m fast, i tink is becos when they found out i m abt to deliver baby alrdy slippin out of my cervix LOL so i no need to really push alot.. i din know cos i was on epi alrdy so no feelin

madalene

yea i took epi few hrs just before deliver.. I warded in noon around 3plus den induced birth( i wanted no epi intially ) den my induce was slow.. i used 2 pills to induce..the checking for induce is super pain.. while waiting i hv no food and drinks ( prevent shit from dirty the baby, oh they will wanna pump smthing in ass to make u poo all out euuu.. i refused cos i lao sai alrdy) 16 to 17 hrs i finally delivery noon time...

i tink is not that i m fast, i tink is becos when they found out i m abt to deliver baby alrdy slippin out of my cervix LOL so i no need to really push alot.. i din know cos i was on epi alrdy so no feelin

Thanks for sharing your experience... so u started off with contractions only before noon la? wow. so now its your 2nd baby? boy or gal?

so u asked for Epi during the last few hours? really envy you for the courage - no Epi initially. by the way, how is the pain like? :err:curious...

lonerjas

Thanks for sharing your experience... so u started off with contractions only before noon la? wow. so now its your 2nd baby? boy or gal?

so u asked for Epi during the last few hours? really envy you for the courage - no Epi initially. by the way, how is the pain like? :err:curious...
Hello,

2nd BB is a princess~!

The pain for contractions feels like serious tummy aches or kinda menses cramp.. Still rather bearable but the moment the nurses put their hands in to check to dilation is terrible pain. After the 2nd check i start to fear the checking of dilation LOL~! i was playing poker cards (BIg2) with my DH wihile having contractions.

Worst is the nite time very hard to sleep cos cold ( in labour suit ) and pain. Finally in the morning can fall asleep nurses wake me up to check baby's heart beat.. zzZZZ i just wanted to doze off only.

I was afraid i don hv the strength to pusdh by den so i ask doc for pain killers, But my gynae say might as well use epi cos i m too tired he was afraid i will hv complications half way through delivery. So i went ahead.. My DH was angry den cos he don wan the epi to add on the my back problem ( which i injuried myself when young ) but i say too late epi already done LOL~!:Dancing_tongue:

My DS was out very fast as when nurses cos in the noon time baby's head already abit out if cervix so 2 and a half pushes he's out.. My epi was less then 4hrs only..

This time round my DD i will still wait till a lter timing den go for epi.. don like the idea od epi in my body for too much and too long:Dancing_wub:

madalene

Hello,

2nd BB is a princess~!

The pain for contractions feels like serious tummy aches or kinda menses cramp.. Still rather bearable but the moment the nurses put their hands in to check to dilation is terrible pain. After the 2nd check i start to fear the checking of dilation LOL~! i was playing poker cards (BIg2) with my DH wihile having contractions.

Worst is the nite time very hard to sleep cos cold ( in labour suit ) and pain. Finally in the morning can fall asleep nurses wake me up to check baby's heart beat.. zzZZZ i just wanted to doze off only.

I was afraid i don hv the strength to pusdh by den so i ask doc for pain killers, But my gynae say might as well use epi cos i m too tired he was afraid i will hv complications half way through delivery. So i went ahead.. My DH was angry den cos he don wan the epi to add on the my back problem ( which i injuried myself when young ) but i say too late epi already done LOL~!:Dancing_tongue:

My DS was out very fast as when nurses cos in the noon time baby's head already abit out if cervix so 2 and a half pushes he's out.. My epi was less then 4hrs only..

This time round my DD i will still wait till a lter timing den go for epi.. don like the idea od epi in my body for too much and too long:Dancing_wub:
Wow, so you have spent many hours in the ward lor.
the night before, till next noon woh...
so you took the epi only 4hours before he's out la.
hmmm.... i see.

so far, any side effect aftertaking that epi? does it add on to your backache nowadays? i heard, some people can go without epi and give birth easily for their 2nd or 3rd birth. Frist usually take epi cos difficult (engine new) and longer labour hours. not sure how true leh...

lonerjas

Wow, so you have spent many hours in the ward lor.
the night before, till next noon woh...
so you took the epi only 4hours before he's out la.
hmmm.... i see.

so far, any side effect aftertaking that epi? does it add on to your backache nowadays? i heard, some people can go without epi and give birth easily for their 2nd or 3rd birth. Frist usually take epi cos difficult (engine new) and longer labour hours. not sure how true leh...
I was in the ward from noon to next day early noon LOL~!

I not very sure if the epi really harms body cos i already hv back problem. Don feel much diff lah but dunno when i grow older will anot..
W/o epi for 2nd and 3rd huh~!~! It really depends, individual body is diff very hard to say.

Porukadotzu

Hihi,
yeap i went thru labour wo epi but with Laughing gas..
Dont think abt the pain. yea try walkin b4 labour cos i think it helps too.
my labour was a quick 1 although pple say normally 1st baby takes about 12 hours?
my waterbag broke at 6.30am ang my baby pops out at 10am. TMC nurse taught my hubby to massage me during the active phrase n i think it helps too so try askin ur hubby to massage ur lower back.
Good luck & dont worry. =)
Hi, i also delivered my baby w/o epi, but when the nurse saw me scream like going to beheaded by sumwan then she gave me the gas, later on i found out its Etonox.. makes me feel bit high when i inhale it very fast.. but still can control over my own body.. oh and the nurse offer me to go for normal injection at the tigh to ease the pain a bit.. but still can feel the pain thou...
My first labour also quite fast one, admitted at 8am and done by 11am the same day...

Sumtimes just don't worry much about the pain, it's better to anticipate it and just try yourself to endure..

Porukadotzu

Hihi,
yeap i went thru labour wo epi but with Laughing gas..
Dont think abt the pain. yea try walkin b4 labour cos i think it helps too.
my labour was a quick 1 although pple say normally 1st baby takes about 12 hours?
my waterbag broke at 6.30am ang my baby pops out at 10am. TMC nurse taught my hubby to massage me during the active phrase n i think it helps too so try askin ur hubby to massage ur lower back.
Good luck & dont worry. =)
Hi, i also delivered my baby w/o epi, but when the nurse saw me scream like going to beheaded by sumwan then she gave me the gas, later on i found out its Etonox.. makes me feel bit high when i inhale it very fast.. but still can control over my own body.. oh and the nurse offer me to go for normal injection at the tigh to ease the pain a bit.. but still can feel the pain thou...
My first labour also quite fast one, admitted at 8am and done by 11am the same day...

Sumtimes just don't worry much about the pain, it's better to anticipate it and just try yourself to endure..

hope everyone hv a smooth labour!

lonerjas

3hrs that was fast... I pai sey to scream so i go for epi haha...

at first i ask for the injection but then my GP says just take the epi. the injection wont help much for my case... i too exhausted

madalene

hope everyone hv a smooth labour!

Really envy you for the quick labour - just 3 hours...
and without epi... :err: i think i am just paisay to scream too. if too pain, i will just ask for epi, dun wana to see myself screaming my head off at the delivery suite...:embarrassed:

lonerjas

Same here, i cannot imagine myself screaming... I don tink my hubby ever see me screming in pain..

Last 2 mth i tried to open a canned luncheon meat but accidentally chopped my hand into the cover till my little fingers nerves are cut of ( till now is still numby doc so no cure nerves broken alry ) I din even scream haha i just ouch to myself then my DS came to kitchen saw the blood and he almost cried. LOL~! MC was given for 4 days cos is my right hand... Euuu cannot write cannot use mouse cos pain and numb.

I cannot imagine if i scream in ward like a mad women in pain haha... Muzt keep my cool keke~!

madalene

Same here, i cannot imagine myself screaming... I don tink my hubby ever see me screming in pain..

Last 2 mth i tried to open a canned luncheon meat but accidentally chopped my hand into the cover till my little fingers nerves are cut of ( till now is still numby doc so no cure nerves broken alry ) I din even scream haha i just ouch to myself then my DS came to kitchen saw the blood and he almost cried. LOL~! MC was given for 4 days cos is my right hand... Euuu cannot write cannot use mouse cos pain and numb.

I cannot imagine if i scream in ward like a mad women in pain haha... Muzt keep my cool keke~!

haha, same thinking too. very worried that my hubby will faint after hear me scream. (not faint at the sight of blood). you quite brave leh. chop you hand into the can cover and say only ouch... i still remember that time when i had my 3rd fall (when i was 7 month pregnant) my right leg brush on the concrete road - i din scream but i cried (damn painful and bleeding). then i told myself, i think if w/o epi, i sure cried and scream like hell lo. better dun embarass myself infront of strangers and my hubby. :shyxxx:

lonerjas

Ya lor.. so pai sey leh scream like mad keke~!

Okie lah not really brave i ouch but really is in pain tears was running down but i wasnt cry. So pain till the tears just drop.. If i cry my son will break down LOL~! so i keep my cool ask my son to get me my HP and i called DH..

even till today the wound still hurts as in electro numbiness...

Wow, this sounds brave...
Just with the gas and you gave birth? I really wonder how is the pain.
Would you be able to describe to me? Cos' am still pondering if i should try without epi. But all my frens around me went thru deliveries with epi and they sound very contented with it. So it will be great if you could share your experience with us?
Hi Madalne,
actually im a very low tolerance pain type of person. but dont know why i managed to go through without epi. When i was still sching last time, everytime got menses cramp, i will need to go on MC. cold sweat n everything.
The beginning stage of labour really feels like menses cramp. on and off. that 1 is still ok. The only horrible part is when ure fully dialated. The pain is like your hips breaking apart with the urge to push. Feels like... badly constipated!!!
The reason y i refuse to go for epi is cos of the needles that is gonna be stuck on your backbone. Although many pple told me injecting the needle is not as bad as labour pain, but i still think its scary. i rather die of pain than havin a thick needle on my back!!! LOL.
As ive mentioned, the thing that helps alot was the MASSAGE!!! ask ur partner's magic hands to do some massage on ur lower back & i think it might help. & also most importantly, try NOT to think of the pain but think of BABY!!! Rem, pain means u wil be seeing ur baby soon after a long wait of 10mths!!!!!:Dancing_tongue:

madalene

Hi Madalne,
actually im a very low tolerance pain type of person. but dont know why i managed to go through without epi. When i was still sching last time, everytime got menses cramp, i will need to go on MC. cold sweat n everything.
The beginning stage of labour really feels like menses cramp. on and off. that 1 is still ok. The only horrible part is when ure fully dialated. The pain is like your hips breaking apart with the urge to push. Feels like... badly constipated!!!
The reason y i refuse to go for epi is cos of the needles that is gonna be stuck on your backbone. Although many pple told me injecting the needle is not as bad as labour pain, but i still think its scary. i rather die of pain than havin a thick needle on my back!!! LOL.
As ive mentioned, the thing that helps alot was the MASSAGE!!! ask ur partner's magic hands to do some massage on ur lower back & i think it might help. & also most importantly, try NOT to think of the pain but think of BABY!!! Rem, pain means u wil be seeing ur baby soon after a long wait of 10mths!!!!!:Dancing_tongue:
Thanks for the encouragement.
After hearing your experience, it really does sound like I maybe able to make it without epi.

One thing I must agree with you is, the idea of heving a needle in the back and having to toss and turn or roll on the back... it is really scary and the moment when they inject my back...:embarrassed:

is it true? the real pain only come when fully dilated? 10cm?
the worry that i have now is, last check up, my doc told me thatmy baby is still in the sitting upright position... she still refuse to turn around. my next appt is tomorrow... really hope she can turn by then. if not, i may not be able to do a vaginal delivery ler... :shyxxx:

Thanks for the encouragement.
After hearing your experience, it really does sound like I maybe able to make it without epi.

One thing I must agree with you is, the idea of heving a needle in the back and having to toss and turn or roll on the back... it is really scary and the moment when they inject my back...:embarrassed:

is it true? the real pain only come when fully dilated? 10cm?
the worry that i have now is, last check up, my doc told me thatmy baby is still in the sitting upright position... she still refuse to turn around. my next appt is tomorrow... really hope she can turn by then. if not, i may not be able to do a vaginal delivery ler... :shyxxx:
Hmm.. i heard that its possible to deliver baby even they're sitted position? or did i hear wrongly that time. but most gynae will ask u to opt for c-sec if ur bb is breeched.
The pain is super close when ure fully dialated. like every 30 sec the pain comes!!! just think that you can do it W/O epi. Think of the scary needle!!! haha.
But that time i inhale so much laughin gas, i like went into space!!! Nurse talk to me, i cant reply but i can hear her. its as if ive fainted. The pain is suddenly not as painful. then.. after i went into space, i dont really know whats really happening around but i can only hear gynae ask me to push i push lo. Lol. then like very very fast, bb come out le. =D
Anyway madalene, everything will be fine. =) dont think too much. Will keep u in my prayers. Do inform us when u have delivered ur bb.
;)

lonerjas

lol i din bother abt the needle cos i tot it was an injection only. after that den realise the needle will be there LOL... anyway i cant see my back so it didnt bother.. Once the lower body is numb, cant even feel if you are moving keke...

I tink if not for the 20hr induce birth i will hang on w/o epi..

Madelene pray for BB to head down.. Mine head down when 6th mth already now i hope she will not turn up haha

madalene

Hmm.. i heard that its possible to deliver baby even they're sitted position? or did i hear wrongly that time. but most gynae will ask u to opt for c-sec if ur bb is breeched.
The pain is super close when ure fully dialated. like every 30 sec the pain comes!!! just think that you can do it W/O epi. Think of the scary needle!!! haha.
But that time i inhale so much laughin gas, i like went into space!!! Nurse talk to me, i cant reply but i can hear her. its as if ive fainted. The pain is suddenly not as painful. then.. after i went into space, i dont really know whats really happening around but i can only hear gynae ask me to push i push lo. Lol. then like very very fast, bb come out le. =D
Anyway madalene, everything will be fine. =) dont think too much. Will keep u in my prayers. Do inform us when u have delivered ur bb.
;)

thanks so much for your encouragement.
Just came back from my check up. sigh... my BB is still quite stubborn leh... :embarrassed: will have to monitor her position in 2 weeks time... thanks for praying hard for me. by the way, does the laughing gas really help? just go into space and divert your attention?

madalene

lol i din bother abt the needle cos i tot it was an injection only. after that den realise the needle will be there LOL... anyway i cant see my back so it didnt bother.. Once the lower body is numb, cant even feel if you are moving keke...

I tink if not for the 20hr induce birth i will hang on w/o epi..

Madelene pray for BB to head down.. Mine head down when 6th mth already now i hope she will not turn up haha

i think usu if baby turn theur head down already, they should be quite fixed ba. my BB dun know why leh, think she is too comfortable seated and enjoying herself lor. or else she is plainly stubborn la. hahaha... sigh, nothing much i can do ler.

meanwhile, still doing the 'on-all-fours position' as u suggested and see if she can take it from there. :tlaugh:

madalene

Hi Madelene,
Heard some experienced doctor will have some ways to "turn" the baby.
Check out with your gynae tomorrow.

yup. just came back...
she tried to turn my BB just now (manually).
but very pain la.
i cannot tahan the pain so she stopped...
:embarrassed:

now, have to wait for another 2 weeks for the next checkup lor.
sighhh... if no choice, then see wat the docs says la...
btw, my BB grew very fast this time, remember i told u she was 1.9kg 2 weeks ago. today, she weight 2.5kg ler. at first thought she is very tiny. now, i think its ok le.:Dancing_wub: