First day at work

CynCyn

Can anyone share yr first day at work ?

Now I'm fretting over what kinda people i'll meet , nice ones or nasty ones .
And my main concern is wait no one to lunch with . I don't wanna be a loner and eat on my own ... Haha !

BunnyKiss

aiyoo..i thought u'll be updating ur first day of work..so looking forward to it..hehe...

For me, nine months ago, I started this job..

First day...first half of the day, HR orientation. Two of us, another gal from accounts. Luckily we joined the same day, coz my whole team are I****ns and they dont go lunch. Therefore I join the accounts ppl to lunch until now, otherwise hv to eat alone.

Everybody in company have memories of my first day, coz my hair just highlighted orangie, and my arm was in cast...hehe...

bigger company compared to the last, so ppl simply don't care much about new ppl joining. Good boss...most of all, I was very very excited for the new job...:wong19:

Agnes Josephine

Can anyone share yr first day at work ?

Now I'm fretting over what kinda people i'll meet , nice ones or nasty ones .
And my main concern is wait no one to lunch with . I don't wanna be a loner and eat on my own ... Haha !

Actually 1st day of work normally nothing much to do one... The time will pass very very fast on the 1st few days of work...

shopaholic

Joined 9 mths bk. First half day also orientation. Pretty relaxed although I did wonder what's the type of colleagues I will get in my section? :p In fact, the first mth was pretty relaxed and easy. Oh yes, HR did assign someone to lunch with me but dunno why, it felt kinda weird.

Pwiincess

I'm usually very quiet during my first few days of work. Very scared to meet with hypocrites in new enviroment. Cos u might not know if you are a threat to somebody's ricebowl. That's what I think.

CynCyn

Mine first day was not too bad . My colleagues did asked me along for lunch . And I clicked well with my senior whom i'm working closely with . So far so good .

stonston

my first day was the best....cos small office with few pple n all new :)

but slowly i mingled with the older staff from other dept n got to noe alot of pple...

now i can lunch with any of my colleagues, regardless of dept...big boss also can :)

leey

Just sit and no talk to others as I cannot remember them at the first day.
Lucky, the staffs are nice and kind.:001_302:

Last edited:

Mrs Xie

Just joined in the FTWM club on the 4th this month.... Working environment okie, colleagues okie, they are friendly and humourous. I think they talk to me more than I talk to them in the first day of work, therefore I'm feeling easy.... :tlaugh:

rjj

The fear is always there, but I dun believe there are ppl so bad as to leave a new person alone and dun ask her out for lunch la..... unless forget.....

stonston

The fear is always there, but I dun believe there are ppl so bad as to leave a new person alone and dun ask her out for lunch la..... unless forget.....
i believe so too :) now i make e effort to chat with new staff n show them ard e canteen :) introduce them to e canteen aunties :p

rjj

i believe so too :) now i make e effort to chat with new staff n show them ard e canteen :) introduce them to e canteen aunties :p
So nice of you... :)

I suppose we dun want ppl to ignore us when we join a new co... so shld also make it a point to be nice when there is a new staff ard, agree??? :)

stonston

So nice of you... :)

I suppose we dun want ppl to ignore us when we join a new co... so shld also make it a point to be nice when there is a new staff ard, agree??? :)
i believe tt if ppl r nicely treated, they will be more willing to help or coorperate for future projects together too....

my mum taught me to build good relations at work cos it will make working life much easier....

Mrs Xie

Agree. We tend to feel "out" as a new employee to the company, especially in the very first day of work. Therefore, if we felt welcome, it's actually a boost for us to continue with the job happily and easily :tlaugh: