First reaction when u found out ur expecting

Cold sweat. I called up my bf and I think I cried. In fact, I must have cried for a few months. LOTS of problems at the time. Luckily all resolved before baby was born. Now I'm a happily married mommy of two wonderful little girls and I get to be a SAHM! I'm thankful.

my last visit was on 12 Feb and Doc said still can't tell for sure. My N T scan is due on Fri over at TMC, maybe over there they can tell me abt bb's gender? :001_302:
haha excited ya? i also kan jiong keep wanting to noe the gender haas.. u have any feeling wats gonna be? cos i kept having the feeling and even dreaming that it was a girl but end up the opposite lol..

tehsusu79

haha excited ya? i also kan jiong keep wanting to noe the gender haas.. u have any feeling wats gonna be? cos i kept having the feeling and even dreaming that it was a girl but end up the opposite lol..
my feeling is that it's gonna be a boy but hubby says it's a girl. MIL wants a girl & I think FIL wants a boy to play with. LOL! aiyah I guess as long as healthy can liao.

I too have weird dreams abt bb's gender but it varies between boy & girl. hahaha! so confusing!

my feeling is that it's gonna be a boy but hubby says it's a girl. MIL wants a girl & I think FIL wants a boy to play with. LOL! aiyah I guess as long as healthy can liao.

I too have weird dreams abt bb's gender but it varies between boy & girl. hahaha! so confusing!
lol.. i wanted a girl also so i can dress her up haha.. but i guess its in the genes of my husband family.. cos his grandmother had 6 sons.. and his mother 4 sons including him =X.. i hope my second one would be a girl haas.. =) yea agree healthy baby is the most impt thing.. seeing them growing well during each visits make us mummies very relieve

tehsusu79

lol.. i wanted a girl also so i can dress her up haha.. but i guess its in the genes of my husband family.. cos his grandmother had 6 sons.. and his mother 4 sons including him =X.. i hope my second one would be a girl haas.. =) yea agree healthy baby is the most impt thing.. seeing them growing well during each visits make us mummies very relieve

Yes! very, very relieved! especially after the first trimester! ideally to have a boy & girl wld be the best yar? one for daddy to rough it out with & one for mummy to play dress up. hehehehehe!

summertime

for me that i was single too... well it a mix feeling also as me n my hubby intend to keep the baby as we did discuss it b4 if accident.

Ha ha we were like dont know to laugh or to stress... finally everything is over (planning a wedding within 2mth), now we r enjoyinh the pregnancy....:wewink:

for me that i was single too... well it a mix feeling also as me n my hubby intend to keep the baby as we did discuss it b4 if accident.

Ha ha we were like dont know to laugh or to stress... finally everything is over (planning a wedding within 2mth), now we r enjoyinh the pregnancy....:wewink:
i had had my wedding planned in less than 2 months.. super stressful and tiring.. i almost went nuts.. lol thank god that everything is settled and done =)

summertime

i had had my wedding planned in less than 2 months.. super stressful and tiring.. i almost went nuts.. lol thank god that everything is settled and done =)
haha.. i understand.. not only with the wedding stress, have to go through the morning sickness at then same time...

I only ROMed at 7mths. Only my dad and a friend attended as witnesses. The whole pregnancy was an emotional nightmare. BF didn't like the idea of marriage as an solution to a problem but parents were giving me hell about not getting married. I was really close to running away just so I could be alone. Didn't help that I was not working at that point. My previous job wouldn't allow pregnancy anyway. We only held a small wedding the year after ROM date. My girl was 8mths by that time. Today everything is pretty wonderful.

pipilili

i have been trying for 4 yrs...seeing many gynaes for help, and seeing a few tcm for help...nothing seemed to work for us then. I ws even considering ivf...but last nov, I found out i was pregnant...both hubby and I were like ..."are you sure". When it was confirmed by gynae at KK, I was like,"yes!"

Now that I am 15 weeks pregnant...I sometimes do have silly thoughts (what if the baby is not healthy, what if the baby dun do well, what if the baby is born pre-mature..., alot of wild thoughts.) Is that normal? I am a worried wort and plus I have been hearing not so nice stories in the past so it creates a fear in me.:001_302:

But I do want this baby to come out happy and healthy.

BeingSingle

I cried like crazy coz i was TTC but didnt think that i'd strike the jackpot so quickly just after trying for 2 months.

afterwards i texted everyone who knew, flew back to sg and bought a digital test, took that and showed it to my parents who were speechless for 1/2 the day because i am single and am opted to be a single mum since day one of TTC w/o their knowledge.

shi_san_yee

I only ROMed at 7mths. Only my dad and a friend attended as witnesses. The whole pregnancy was an emotional nightmare. BF didn't like the idea of marriage as an solution to a problem but parents were giving me hell about not getting married. I was really close to running away just so I could be alone. Didn't help that I was not working at that point. My previous job wouldn't allow pregnancy anyway. We only held a small wedding the year after ROM date. My girl was 8mths by that time. Today everything is pretty wonderful.
I was planning for wedding with my ex, even though we had broken up, but because of baby, we kinda HAD to get married, but never has anyone given me more hell than he has with his sickening temper and requests. He wanted a proper hotel wedding banquet at a price no hotel could offer and wanted me to go to a cheap gynae and go through natural birth even though my medical condition most likely requires c-section coz it's well, cheaper. I ended up at a psychiatrist's office with medication during pregnancy or risk my sanity. I decided to call it off; the wedding, and finalize the breakup, keep my sanity and baby.

Now I'm a single mum, by choice - somewhat. But I can empathize what u mean by an emotional nightmare. I loathed it when people tell me to enjoy my pregnancy and love the baby bump, if only they could step in my shoes and look around for a minute at all the toxic relatives and disapproving mum who never held back a single minute to give me hell.

I'm grateful my son came out beautiful and cheerful, the exact opposite of what I was during that time, and now I wouldn't trade him for the world. Happy for you that things are wonderful on your end 

Last edited:

shi_san_yee

Pipilili, Congratulations on your pregnancy!! It is very normal to be worried about the baby in all intensities, all mothers have wild thoughts accompanying the hormonal haywire. At the end of it when u finally see your child, you'll find that you've fretted too much and should have enjoyed pregnancy as much as you baby enjoyed growing and kicking from inside. Take it from the doctor, they say baby is fine, then, baby IS fine. Meanwhile love the bump and because I regret not enjoying mine; please enjoy your pregnancy because you'll miss it once it's over 

Last edited:
i have been trying for 4 yrs...seeing many gynaes for help, and seeing a few tcm for help...nothing seemed to work for us then. I ws even considering ivf...but last nov, I found out i was pregnant...both hubby and I were like ..."are you sure". When it was confirmed by gynae at KK, I was like,"yes!"

Now that I am 15 weeks pregnant...I sometimes do have silly thoughts (what if the baby is not healthy, what if the baby dun do well, what if the baby is born pre-mature..., alot of wild thoughts.) Is that normal? I am a worried wort and plus I have been hearing not so nice stories in the past so it creates a fear in me.:001_302:

But I do want this baby to come out happy and healthy.
same situation here where by i jus think too much even everything is normal and fine.. first time mother to be often think too much and worry too much so its normal haas.. =) till now i'm still worried =X

summertime

same situation here where by i just think too much even everything is normal and fine.. first time mother to be often think too much and worry too much so its normal haas.. =) till now i'm still worried =X

me too... keep thinking this and that. I will be worry the bb health after know is okay then after the scan , i start to worry about certain food i eat is it will cos harm to bb. worry one thing after another:wong13:

hapimint

I looked at the strip and asked god aloud, are you joking with me? Coz doc said it hard for us to conceive just 2 weeks ago and we were contemplating ivf.... Moreover, I just started a new job for less than a week....

And it was supposed to be too early to tell as I tested 3 weeks plus after my menses.... Coz I had an X-ray to do the next day for my job....

Harper

It was on Christmas of all days. :weeek: My best friend thought I was acting really weird when we were having Christmas eve dinner together and I 'awwed' at a little girl who was bundled up in cute pink winter clothes when I never really liked kids. And I was emotional and cry for no reasons the weeks leading up to Christmas, so my best friend concluded I was pregnant or having some really weird PMS and since I missed my period, I bought the test kit.

My reaction was "OMFG!!" and yeah was crying, I don't know I was happy or sad, or just crying from disbelief. And immediately ran out in the blizzard to get more test kits to be sure.

Told my bf and my parents and decided to keep it as I've always been against abortions and I think it's a gift. However, we've both decided to take 1 step at a time as I don't believe in getting married just because of pregnancy. It makes no sense to me. But I'm glad my parents have been really supportive of me.

Harper

I respect you for the decision you made. Most people would have caved in to negative people around them. My parents and most of extended family are excited for me, except for an Aunt who always cast me the evil look...but whatever. I'm sure everything will pan out well for you, people get over it after a while.

shi_san_yee

I respect you for the decision you made. Most people would have caved in to negative people around them. My parents and most of extended family are excited for me, except for an Aunt who always cast me the evil look...but whatever. I'm sure everything will pan out well for you, people get over it after a while.
Congratulations!! It's really great that your parents give you the support you need given the circumstances that typical tradition folks frown upon. It's really important to stay positive during this period of hormonal and emotional trying times. I also agree it is not necessary to get married for the baby, especially if your heart and mind tells you not to; however, do consider that once your bf sees the child that he might have other ideas, mine did so I'm speaking from experience. If he's matured enough to respect your decision then you will be having the best of both worlds. 