First time mum-to-be need advise

littlerat

Hi all,

I had missed my menses for 10 days and after testing with preganancy test kit, it does show positive that I am pregnant.
Now ... my questions is what should I do now??
When will it be a good time to go for gyne or go for a private GP first?

Advise please ... thanks

Mummy Yvonne

First of all, Congratulations!

U soon to be part of us (mummies)!

It will be too early to go to see gynae now. Maybe you shld start looking out for your 'ideal' gynae. After making sure which gynae to go, then u can start to give them a call for appointment (in another few weeks ).

I can imagine how excited you are now! Those are my days.....:wong19:

naze

Congratulations !!!!

Me went to see my gynae the next day after I tested positive. I am very happy & kan cheong...

hi littlerat! the test kit is usually quite accurate, so not really necessary to confirm with GP, imho. i had my first scan at week 6 (6 wks after your last menses) - that's probably the earliest you could go for a scan. just to check that baby's properly planted in the uterus. so you shd make an appt with gynae maybe in a week or two.

in the meantime, start taking folic acid asap (you can get them at Guardian) and take care of your diet. :)

Pink daisy

Hi littlerat, congratz!
For my case I went to gynae asap, he then gave me folic acid and vars supplements and vitamins to take ;)
The first trimester is most crucial to consume enough folic, but if am not mistaken it required only small doze, ard 5mg/day
So as a kiasu mum, my advise is to consult gynae asap for your diet & the do & don'ts :Dancing_tongue:

littlerat

Thanks for all the advise given ... appreciate that ... :tlaugh:
Decided to go for my first appt asap but where did you all go for your gynae? I am looking at Thomson Medical or KKH, but heard that TMC is much better and price wise is almost the same as those gahmen one, is that true??
Can't seems to see those price list from their website leh??

-SRI-

For me.. I'm so kiasu.. Bought 2 test kits Clearblue.. den test it after work.. Positive... Then the nxt morning check again (cz I heard test wit morning urine will be accurate)..Positive..

I test when I'm 10 days late frm menses...My i gt tis feeling like preg... As I rarely slp like a log! Migraine attack come often.. Cant stand long journey.. nauseous.. After tat go GP... no need to test urine cz i showed her the test kit..Btw I HATE to test urine in public... Ma fan... Cz I hv to wait for hide tide...:001_302:

Amulet

For me.. I'm so kiasu.. Bought 2 test kits Clearblue.. den test it after work.. Positive... Then the nxt morning check again (cz I heard test wit morning urine will be accurate)..Positive..

I test when I'm 10 days late frm menses...My i gt tis feeling like preg... As I rarely slp like a log! Migraine attack come often.. Cant stand long journey.. nauseous.. After tat go GP... no need to test urine cz i showed her the test kit..Btw I HATE to test urine in public... Ma fan... Cz I hv to wait for hide tide...:001_302:
im even more kiasu... i used 4 test kits.. 1st one is Clearblue, belongs to my friend coz i tested at her house.. when i saw double line, i tot my eyes were playing trick on me.. thn i ask her is her test kit expired.. coz really wasn't expecting a positive result.. thne tested twice agian using guardian hse brand n watson house brand.. all same result.. then my bf(now ex) brought another one (i dunnoe wat brand) hopin that it would come out negative..

i went to the polyclinic the nxt day n asked for referral letter to KKH..

but now i know, actually no need so troublesome.. can juz go to a OB straightaway..:Dancing_tongue:

littlerat

I also quite kaisu, tested i think got a few times also ... hee hee
after doing some homework ... finally decided to go for TMC and will be going for first appointment next week .... :Dancing_tongue:

-SRI-

im even more kiasu... i used 4 test kits.. 1st one is Clearblue, belongs to my friend coz i tested at her house.. when i saw double line, i tot my eyes were playing trick on me.. thn i ask her is her test kit expired.. coz really wasn't expecting a positive result.. thne tested twice agian using guardian hse brand n watson house brand.. all same result.. then my bf(now ex) brought another one (i dunnoe wat brand) hopin that it would come out negative..

i went to the polyclinic the nxt day n asked for referral letter to KKH..

but now i know, actually no need so troublesome.. can juz go to a OB straightaway..:Dancing_tongue:
I also quite kaisu, tested i think got a few times also ... hee hee
after doing some homework ... finally decided to go for TMC and will be going for first appointment next week .... :Dancing_tongue:
LOL........ I guess 1st time mum are kiasu ba... Hehehe.. Me kiasu cz I cant believe it I'm preg.. My bf married 5yrs wit his wife no kids, tts y I doubt so I preg but instinct said i am....:001_302:

Pink daisy

Dun go at KK lah, my experience is not so nice
But my gynae @ private suite is not bad, but still overall service is not so good

chloegal

alamak..nt gd ar..me @ KK lei... private suite exp rite... why no gd??
My experience with KKh is very good especially during my first delivery. I delivered my boy at 25 wks gestation due to incompetence cervix and the nurse and doctor, especially Dr Han and Dr kenneth quek. They give me alot of support and encouragement during my stay there. It was really the darkest peroid of my life as i am not sure if my son could survive. But now my son is already 3yrs old and my ger is 1+ years

-SRI-

My experience with KKh is very good especially during my first delivery. I delivered my boy at 25 wks gestation due to incompetence cervix and the nurse and doctor, especially Dr Han and Dr kenneth quek. They give me alot of support and encouragement during my stay there. It was really the darkest peroid of my life as i am not sure if my son could survive. But now my son is already 3yrs old and my ger is 1+ years
ic....Tink juz continue wit KK... Hw much is the overall bills? Muz save $$$ if any cash pymt need to be made... scared nt enough cash on hand..:tlaugh:

Pink daisy

Depends on the class you choose, for me, everything was smooth until I broke my waterbag before its time. At 1st I signed up for B1 class (two bedder) but since I need to give birth on wk35 gestation the nurse gave me a diff quotation reminding me that my son may need to go incubator afterwards. If that's the case, total bill with B1 class can amounted up to 10k(both me and bb), so I d/g to lower class, in the end bill come up quite ok (since bb can go home with me); tot ard 3.5k; fully recovered from medisave

Overall experience is quite OK, except for some of the staff's attitude. But won't go KK for my 2nd; will try East shore or Mt. Alvernia instead

-SRI-

Depends on the class you choose, for me, everything was smooth until I broke my waterbag before its time. At 1st I signed up for B1 class (two bedder) but since I need to give birth on wk35 gestation the nurse gave me a diff quotation reminding me that my son may need to go incubator afterwards. If that's the case, total bill with B1 class can amounted up to 10k(both me and bb), so I d/g to lower class, in the end bill come up quite ok (since bb can go home with me); tot ard 3.5k; fully recovered from medisave

Overall experience is quite OK, except for some of the staff's attitude. But won't go KK for my 2nd; will try East shore or Mt. Alvernia instead
Wah...I guess I juz let my bf do the job la to survey since I'll be doing the job of delivering... Cz he make me preg so he oso hv to do his part...:001_302:

Mummy Yvonne

You may ask around for comments reg which hospital to go. See which hospital is fine with you.

Actually it depends on the gynae. See your gynae can go which hospital to deliver. If you like TMC but your gynae dun go TMC to deliver so if u choose TMC also no use. so you gotto check with your gynae n then choose the hospital for delivery.

Go for the hospital tour after that. It will help you to know more about the hospital. I rem my time was to choose between TMC n Mt Alvernia. Heard many good comments of MT. A but after been to the Mt A. I found TMC was more comfortable for me. SO it all depends on your 'feel'. Go for the hopital tour.