fish oil supplement

sweet pea

I noticed that there are several types of DHA from Nordic Naturals. There is only one the word (Prenatal) on the label. Can we take those which did not have the word "Prenatal"? I am not sure if there is any difference. The content look similar though..
i would recommend prenatal DHA and another DHA with strawberry flavoured. both are good for pregnant and lactating women. the other are mainly omega fish oil and omega combination.

sweet pea

can it be taken after giving birth?
DHA supplements are good for your baby's brain development if you are breastfeeding. waht you take goes into your milk and to your baby. breastmilk absorbs faster than formula, thus its good that if you can breastfeed and taking DHA.

Patricia Ang

Hi during my pregnant my gynae got prescript me the fish oil when i was 3months. yes the fish oil is good for your b.b brain but is true when you burping the fish oil smell is very smelly feel like vomiting also bird nest is good for your b.b complexion the best time to take is when you are 5month when i was 5 month i took bird nest 3 time a week till i was around 8month when my b.b is born out his complexion is very good without any spot or b.b rash on his face. i'm very particular on my daily food when i was pregnant i really never touch any food like peanut, seafood, soya beancurd i will take fruits, soybean, alot of veg, plain water, vitamin C etc. i also walk alots every day i will walk half an hour when after my work walking is good for your b.b leg. i very lucky and i didn't except that my b.b is born in full term at 3.2 kg and suprise is he was born an the actual EDD my doctor was surpise too. my b.b now is 6months and is develop very good when i bring him out people will say he look like 1 year old instead of 6month.

babystarlet

fish oil is good for brain developement for the baby.i have been taking it even before i got preggy.

dodotan> jus some additional infor,the natal care plus reco by gynae has a lower usage,so do supplement it with other food or supplements also.tht's wat my gynae told me

milkshake

Hi Mummies

I've been taking fish oil even before I got pregnant and believe it has great benefits not just to me but also to baby. I can't remember offhand what is the name of the brand that I'm taking but it's an Australian brand and each capsule is bigger and 'stronger' at 1500mg. It also has no fish smell unlike most brands so when you burp, there's no fishy smell or breath.

I also consume a lot of fish and not because I purposely consume but because I like to eat fish and chicken. I cut out almost all types of red meat now because of my health condition and feel a lot better. Only occassionally i will have my burger :p

nataly

Hi, I am taking fish oil since I got preg. It is very good for the mummie and Omega 3 is important for the brain of the baby. I am taking it for iHerb, the Natrol one with the Lemon flavor as I dont have a fishy taste :001_302: after You can use prom code MEK015 and you will save $5 off the first order. The usual price is around $7 for 150 softgels. I used to take also colostrum, but now I am having a break from it as my apetite was growing since I am taking it :001_302:

mummytingting

$7 for 150 softgel? is it safe to take ? approved by Health Authority in Singapore? I dare not order oversea supplement, not sure if they went through a strict test. The baby is in my tummy.. hahaha, 2 lives ...

nataly

Well, the same brand and the same supplement here is twice more expensive than at iherb. I will not take anything that is no save either

Ekari

Fish oil is quite safe I supposed. My mom used to take it for a long period of time. I never bother taking any since I am trying to avoid as many pills as I can.

mollyshen

I usually bought GNC's Fish oil from US web , like drugstore or GNC offical web. The price is much cheaper than Singapore. You know most of the supplement is made in USA. I don't think the price in Singapore is resonable, the high price may come from the GST or import tax etc.

And I always buy organic product from US web as well , I feel the price in Singapore is also more expensive.

I did the compare on the same product between US web and Singapore store. Big difference!

Now I'm quite confident in US web purchasing and it really help me to save money.

Just share with you my experience.

you may refer to my thread to find more tips how to make cost saving.

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f61/15-cash-bonus-new-user-sign-up-us-shopping-website-share-you-83366/

jady

My ob prescribed fish oil (ProLacta) when I was 14 weeks along and I now take 2 capsules every morning. I feel myself burping a lot more now and didn't realise that it was actually the fish oil causing it until I saw this forum.

I think the good thing about consuming fish oil in lieu of fish is the possible mercury level in fish i.e. King Mackerel which is very high in oil but also high mercury level. It's really important have adequate fish oil cause it's essential for the neurological and visual development of the baby :)