Fish

vonn81

huh..i din know ngor he is call threadfin. so was wandering why ntuc nv sell...only market have. aiya next time can go ntuc buy le..hahaha

babymoon

huh..i din know ngor he is call threadfin. so was wandering why ntuc nv sell...only market have. aiya next time can go ntuc buy le..hahaha
but becarful when buy at ntuc, they said got another type of fish look similar as threadfin but very oily..

CanCanMum

just go market. NTUC stuff is not always fresh.

tell them ngor he they will know de....or just say " i wan to cook baby porridge de fish"

sherlin

Son is on Threadfin aka wu yu .Usually bought mine from wet market once every 2 weeks on sat very early in the morning. Cos its cheaper and fresher.

Ask the fish monger to remove all the bones and skin and then i will cut into smaller portions and repack them separately and freeze them.

Will take out portion by portion daily to cook fish porridge with pumpkin.

jtay72

so far i have fed my 9 mth old salmon, i try to give once a week coz i find the smell very fishy. how do you guys prepare the fish? i am so afraid that i might have missed a bone here and there.

wenz

add abit of ginger into the porriage and cook or can try adding some veg as well... i will also mixed the white porriage with fish with 'ma might' (sorry for the poor spelling) so the smell not so strong...

CanCanMum

i just steam it and feed him.

no need seasoning coz its sweet in nature.

i will slice it and mash up everything and press the fish fillet to make sure no bones before i feed him

shulyn

What type of fish is recommended?

Hi Mummies,

As above, i would like to know more abt different types of fish we can feed our baby after 6 months onwards. My boy has been eating threadfish only and we have no idea what other types of fish is safe for my boy at 6 mths old? I told my mum cod fish is safe and my mum say its very oily, baby tends to have lots of gas. My mum mentioned my uncle who is a fishmonger also never give cod fish to her 4 years old girl even though he sell and can get lots of fresh fish.

Other than cod fish and threadfish, what other types of fish is safe?

Appreciated all of your advise!

babymoon

Re: What type of fish is recommended?

hi shulyn,

when my gal 4 mths old.. we already gave her taste different types of food.. your boy already 6 mths old, i think can let him try different food bah.. basically threadfish is not so oily compare to cod fish. other fishes r not so suitable as they are more fish bones.. :)

snowbear

Re: What type of fish is recommended?

Hi Mummies,

As above, i would like to know more about different types of fish we can feed our baby after 6 months onwards. My boy has been eating threadfish only and we have no idea what other types of fish is safe for my boy at 6 mths old? I told my mum cod fish is safe and my mum say its very oily, baby tends to have lots of gas. My mum mentioned my uncle who is a fishmonger also never give cod fish to her 4 years old girl even though he sell and can get lots of fresh fish.

Other than cod fish and threadfish, what other types of fish is safe?

Appreciated all of your advise!
Eat cod will get gas? It's a highly recommended first fish actually... Anyway my dear daughter eats it every day but no issues... It's actually a good fish to give coz it's a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids. I have not heard of anyone saying that cod is bad for health! :D

jellybnzw

If you are willing to travel, there is the fish market at Jurong near pioneer there. PM me if you want the address. They sell fresh fish like cod fish, threadfin, all kinds wholesale and they can deliver. My family goes there to buy fish all the time. Now with my baby starting in one month to six mths, more often!