Fixed Pumping Schedule?

henny

Hi mummies

Do you all hv a fixed schedule for pumping? I find it challenging to stick to a schedule coz' my gal sleeps at different times. I try to pump 3-4 times per day but usually when i'm free i.e. no fixed schedule. Will this affect supply?

TIA :wong19:

stonston

I trained my boy to follow a schedule so that it will keep everyone sane. So my pumping schedule was rather fixed. It'll only change if we go out but we plan around the schedule, so it works out quite alright.

cmeilim

Hi mummies

Do you all have a fixed schedule for pumping? I find it challenging to stick to a schedule coz' my gal sleeps at different times. I try to pump 3-4 times per day but usually when i'm free i.e. no fixed schedule. Will this affect supply?

TIA :wong19:

if u r nursing on demand in addition to pumping 3-4 times, whether u hv schedule or not will not affect supply. however, if u r exclusively pumping, and pumping only 3-4 times per day, even with a schedule, yr supply will be affected becos it's too few times. ideally, to maintain supply, you should be pumping the same number of times as your baby is fed, which means every 2-3 hours.